SoCal'ers! Weekend of April 16-17

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Dwynwen

Dwynwen
  • Administrators
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:32 PM

I know we have a ton of Southern Californians here, including at least three of our currently active members here in the Inland Empire. To my knowledge, none of us are going to make it to this year's JordanCon. How about we get together and throw ourselves an epic pity party? :happy:

So, we could do this either on April 16 or 17. Maybe we could have a nice, fancy dinner in Riverside's Mission Inn. We could go somewhere cheaper instead, if you want. We could talk about the same kinds of things the JordanCon folks will be talking about on panels, call over to Atlanta and say hi to people, and even prank call Barm. What does everyone think?
White Ajah Aes Sedai...Bonded to BenT-Gaidin...Sis of Nia, MJF, and Mighte...Mentor of Many

#2 Artara

Artara
  • Members
  • 5,525 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:42 PM

I am tentatively interested. I live like 10 minutes away from the Mission Inn so that's not a problem but I'm not sure what my schedule will be yet. The term hasn't started yet so everything's still up in the air.

Ar'tara
Posted Image
~Wolfsister Nightsfire~Sister to Goldy~Wolfkin Council~Seers Guild~
My Blog- http://ca-orbust.blogspot.com/

#3 TheBeerPatriot

TheBeerPatriot
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:49 PM

I am possibly interested. The only problem is that I'm running a half marathon the morning of the 17th in La Jolla, so I'd have to head up earlier in the day on the 16h, or try to meet up later after the race on the 17th. Let me know the timeframe that you are thinking for that weekend, hopefully I can make it for a bit at least. It would be really cool to meet up with some fellow DM'ers in SoCal. Thanks.
X

#4 Dwynwen

Dwynwen
  • Administrators
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:44 AM

The timeframe is wide open right now, and I have the entire weekend free, so whatever works for the other attendees will be what we use. :smile:
White Ajah Aes Sedai...Bonded to BenT-Gaidin...Sis of Nia, MJF, and Mighte...Mentor of Many

#5 Shendare

Shendare
  • Administrators
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:08 PM

Woo! I'm all for this! I've got that weekend open.

- Jon/Jonathan, AKA Shendare

#6 Barmacral

Barmacral

Nostrildamus

• Members
  • 17,290 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

You so don't have my number.

42013MLzombieapoc.jpg

YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS

#7 Dwynwen

Dwynwen
  • Administrators
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:03 PM

You're right--I called the number I had for you from 2008, and some stranger guy answered. I'll just get your new number from Nae or someone. :tongue:

#8 Barmacral

Barmacral

Nostrildamus

• Members
  • 17,290 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:33 AM

Really? I can't remember what number that even was, I've changed it 3 times since then.

42013MLzombieapoc.jpg

YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS

#9 Dwynwen

Dwynwen
  • Administrators
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

Okay, so is the 16th in the early evening at Mission Inn good for all of you? Shen, do you know what time the nice restaurant there opens?

#10 Shendare

Shendare
  • Administrators
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

Okay, so is the 16th in the early evening at Mission Inn good for all of you? Shen, do you know what time the nice restaurant there opens?

Depends on which restaurant we want to go to:

http://www.missioninn.com/dining/

- Duaneā€™s Prime Steaks and Seafood is the nicest, requiring "business casual attire". It opens at 5:30pm and has an attached wine bar called 54 Degrees.

- Las Campanas is the Mexican restaurant. Dinner starts at 4.

- Bella Trattoria is the Italian one, also starting at 4.

- And there's the regular Mission Inn Restaurant. Dinner starts at 4:30, with a Saturday Prime Rib Buffet starting at 5:30.

I've been to the normal Mission Inn Restaurant several times, but haven't had a chance to try out any of the others yet.

I have to admit, Las Campanas looks really fun in the photo on the site:

Posted Image

#11 Dwynwen

Dwynwen
  • Administrators
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:55 PM

I haven't been to any of them, and they all look good to me. Let's see what the others think.

#12 Shendare

Shendare
  • Administrators
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

Yep! Let's hear some votes, guys!

#13 Shendare

Shendare
  • Administrators
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:11 AM

I nudged the other two folks who have responded so they can put in a vote. :biggrin:

#14 Artara

Artara
  • Members
  • 5,525 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

I've only ever been to Las Campanas (well, I went to the wine bar once, too). Anyway, it's outdoor seating in the patio area and it really is quite beautiful. It's a less expensive than the other Mission Inn restaurants as well. Also, they serve enormous margaritas. :biggrin:

Ar'tara
Posted Image

#15 TheBeerPatriot

TheBeerPatriot
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:54 PM

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in responding to this. Unfortunately, I can't do dinner next Saturday night. However, if you plan on getting together earlier on Saturday afternoon, please let me know and I'll try to get up there. Normally I'm more flexible, but that weekend is jammed up already where I'm running a road race on the 17th.

If for some reason, I can't meet up with you next weekend let's try to get together before too long. Thanks guys!
X

#16 Dwynwen

Dwynwen
  • Administrators
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

Maybe we could meet for lunch at one of those places instead of dinner, then. Thoughts?

#17 Shendare

Shendare
  • Administrators
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

Maybe we could meet for lunch at one of those places instead of dinner, then. Thoughts?

I could do Sunday lunch instead of Saturday dinner. However we can get the most people together!

#18 Artara

Artara
  • Members
  • 5,525 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

Lunch would actually work much better for me, too. I know Las Campanas does lunch but I'm not sure about the others.

Ar'tara
Posted Image

#19 Shendare

Shendare
  • Administrators
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:29 AM

Oh, I misread TBP's post as Sunday. Saturday's not a problem for me, either.

Looks like Campanas is the favorite so far. TBP?

#20 TheBeerPatriot

TheBeerPatriot
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Hey guys, Saturday afternoon sounds great. Will 1:30 work for everyone? I have a commitment on Saturday morning which runs until 11:30, so I just want to make sure I allow myself enough time to get up there. Please let me know when you have a chance. Thanks!
X