DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NEW CAGE MATCH

jwillis7

So there is going to be another Cage Match this year over at Suvudu

http://sf-fantasy.suvudu.com/2011/02/cage-match-2011-its-coming.html

If you missed it, last year Rand won the first ever cage match, and then went on to defeat the champion on the Villain Cage Match in October.

here is the forum from the first cage match

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/45805-rand-vs-jaime-lannister/page__hl__cagematch

Perrin is our Champion in this years Cage Match so we will need the votes last year was crazy when it came to the finals

FYI: This thread will not contain spoilers from the series but i can not speak for the comments on Suvudu but we need your votes so if you have not finished the series when the time come just go vote and do not read anything just vote.

and here is the bracket from last years one in March

http://suvudu.com/cage-match?ref=TextLink_Top

PS i wrote this once and loaded a new page and everything was deleted, i wish you all could have seen the first one....it was great

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The field:

Martin — Redwall series, Brian Jacques

Logen Ninefingers — First Law trilogy, Joe Abercrombie

Solomon Kane — Solomon Kane stories, Robert E. Howard

Pug — Magician series, Raymond E. Feist

Jon Snow — A Song of Ice and Fire series, George R.R. Martin

Severus Snape — Harry Potter series, JK Rowling

Lestat — Interview With a Vampire, Anne Rice

Quick Ben — Malazan series, Steven Erikson

FitzChivalry — Farseer series, Robin Hobb

Mandorallen — Belgariad series, David Eddings

Vin — Mistborn series, Brandon Sanderson

Beowulf — Beowulf

Thomas Covenant — The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever, Stephen R. Donaldson

Corvis Rebaine — The Conqueror’s Shadow, Ari Marmell

Paul Atreides — Dune series, Frank Herbert

Allanon — Shannara series, Terry Brooks

Druss — Druss series, David Gemmell

Severian — The Book of the New Sun series, Gene Wolfe

Perrin — Wheel of Time series, Robert Jordan

Tasselhoff Burrfoot — Dragonlance series, Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

Gollum — Lord of the Rings series, JRR Tolkien

Arlen — Demon Cycle series, Peter V. Brett

Zeddicus Zu’l Zorander — Sword of Truth series, Terry Goodkind

Molly Millions — Neuromancer, William Gibson

John Carter — John Carter of Mars stories, Edgar Rice Burroughs

Takeshi Kovacs — Altered Carbon, Richard Morgan

Percy Jackson — Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, Rick Riordan

Alvin Maker — The Tales of Alvin Maker series, Orson Scott Card

Katniss Everdeen — Hunger Games series, Suzanne Collins

Jacob Black — Twilight series, Stephenie Meyer

Eric Northman — Southern Vampire Mysteries series, Charlaine Harris

Tally Youngblood — Uglies series, Scott Westerfeld

Okay, let's be realistic here.

If Perrin came up against certain Magicians he'd have no chance.

The strongest of all those I've read about is Pug.

The only downside is that Pug has mostly become a pacifist by nature.

But his power is so immense he can step across worlds.

Back in Magician, he levelled armies on his own.

I know we'll get a totally unrealistic result again, because fans vote for favourites not the strongest.

These kind of things are fun...

I'm declaring the winner right here: Jon Snow!!!!!!!!!!! Just so ya'll aren't dissapointed when Mr. Whiny emo dude Perrin loses.

Jon beating Perrin would make more sense than Jaime even coming close to Rand because they are much closer skill/powers wise, so I could live with that. I wonder if Perrin could communicate with Ghost.

I'm declaring the winner right here: Jon Snow!!!!!!!!!!! Just so ya'll aren't dissapointed when Mr. Whiny emo dude Perrin loses.

Jon beating Perrin would make more sense than Jaime even coming close to Rand because they are much closer skill/powers wise, so I could live with that. I wonder if Perrin could communicate with Ghost.

That would definitely be interesting if Perrin could, however I don't think it would effect anything because the direwolves are connected to the Stark family and not fighting the Last Battle like the wolves in the WoT world. Yeah I was kind of mad Jamie made it so far, but Jon is a better swordsman than Jamie, IMO, so I think if anyone without magic can win it would be Jon. Plus it's a big popularity contest, and Jon is a really popular character. Jacob is autmatically going to lose. I remember arguing so hard for Edward, not because I like the series, but because who he was up against in the first cage match he would've decimated, but of course because he sparkles means his powers aren't as good or something. haha

Let's see here... My moste favored to win are..

Martin — Redwall series, Brian Jacques

Severus Snape — Harry Potter series, JK Rowling

Perrin — Wheel of Time series, Robert Jordan

Tasselhoff Burrfoot — Dragonlance series, Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

Gollum — Lord of the Rings series, JRR Tolkien

Percy Jackson — Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, Rick Riordan

Katniss Everdeen — Hunger Games series, Suzanne Collins

Well, I'm a Vin-believer. :) it'd be really cool if she went far, she does have some pretty awesome skills. As far as pure power goes (from what I've heard/ read) Pug and Quick Ben and definitely the top two. But for popularity? Hmph, Jon and Perrin will probably be up there. Even though I totally <3 Perrin, I can't support him in this. He just doesn't stand up to the competition.

This'll be fun, though :)

Honestly, I don't see how Thomas Covenant doesn't win this.

If we are making the assumptions that they all have the powers they would have in their respective books, he's basically God.

(Unless this is the Covenant from the first Chronicles only, then he gets walked on by everyone.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess I'll have to RAFO to see why Jon Snow is so highly favored.

I'm halfway through aGoT, and Snow has done nothing but sit on a wall and train some rapists kids. lol

Most of the arguments for Jon are based on the series popularity since, in reality, he'd probably get his ass kicked in Round 3. Ghost is a factor to consider as well. Jon probably wins since the Ice and Fire fanbase will be out in full force due to the fact that the HBO adaptation of Game of Thrones is a month away and Bantam has finally announced a release date for A Dance with Dragons. JULY 12TH!!!! WOOOO!!!!!

My favorites characters:

Jon Snow

Quick Ben

Vin

Paul Atreides

In no particular order. I'm unfamiliar with most of the field but I researched them all a little bit so I could vote fairly. Realistically, I think Quick Ben takes it all. He has 12 warrens at his command. Some people argue for Pug because of his godlike power. I would answer with this. How many times has Quick spat in a god's face? "You will not have me, Lord, because you can't." What's gonna happen? The final is gonna come down to Perrin vs. Jon Snow. Jon wins because of the WoT fandome's general contempt for Perrin even though the fan base will get him into the final in the first place. Anyway, the bracket went up on Friday if anyone wants to check it out click here. Voting starts at 10:00A.M. EST tomorrow!

My money's on Jacob.

Jacob doesn't stand a chance in the voting. Most of the people who follow sites like suvudu are readers of deeper, more intellectual fantasy. So even though the Twilight series has a massive fan base not as many will turn up for the tournament. It's gonna be very interesting though. Since they did seeding randomly the first round is gonna have some huge match-ups! It's weird that Jacob got pitted against a vampire. Haha!

I've only read about half the list, but Perrin is near the bottom of my favored list. He might beat Jon Snow, but either of them would get creamed by anyone else on the list of stuff I've actually read. Even Jacob Black would tear them up easily. They only one lower on the list than them is Gollum.

So, I'm not voting for Perrin even though Jason threatened to ban me (from ALL WoT sites, no less) if I don't. I'm voting for Quick Ben.

None of those impotent wizards from the Harry Potter series would stand a chance against any of the main characters in the WoT or evuen a well trained Accepted for that matter.

Jacob from Twilight or Golem from LotR, don't make me laugh.

The only easy Perrin stands a chance against gods and demigod is if facing Perrin means facing him and all of hours forces. A couple of Asha'men, Wise Ones and Aes Sedia and ten thousand troops including Aiel and Two Rivers archers, would make formidable for even a demigod. Ad in his ta'veren nature and he would even give a god a run for their money.

Archived