DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Pink Loincloth Tavern

On 6/27/2019 at 1:24 PM, Jeannaisais said:

Well, it was once a common drink consumed by members of the Band (not pre-21 me though lol). There's also a stash of MG Battle Brew somewhere....that or Corki and I gave it all away *shrugs*

I may have a stash of that from Corki and I may have some from Horn... I can't confirm that though *shifty*

On 1/7/2024 at 4:46 PM, Cairos said:

The brew and the flaming shot right after lol. Kinda like an Irish car bomb or soju bomb. 

I'm with Heavy on this one... never use that term in Ireland. Dear heavens. 

On 1/9/2024 at 3:14 PM, Cairos said:

YES SANGRIA!!! I can't wait to drink on my vacation and on the cruise. 

Where are you going for cruise, sweetie? I need a vacay... I can hide in a suitcase, honest.

*hops up on the bar and leans over to pour a Bandy*

Long time since I had one of these.... I miss my Cav bandeds.

How's life Jea? 

On 1/16/2024 at 12:45 PM, Taymist said:

I may have a stash of that from Corki and I may have some from Horn... I can't confirm that though *shifty*

How's life Jea? 

Hahaha I'm sure we've all got our own stashes of drinks hiding all over this place - no one set it on fire, aight? lol

Life is good! Dunno if you saw but my past year or so involved getting divorced but ngl being a single mom is way better than being a married single mom. Less stressful lol My kiddo and I do all sorts of stuffs together - trying to decide what summer trip we're gonna take. My sister and I are hoping to make it up to Seattle and I need to decide if my kiddo (he turns 7 in March) will join us for that or not.

Other than that I'm still teaching and writing books - what about you Tay?

Aww it sounds as if the divorce was the best thing for you and the young lad. Much healthier. Seattle looks like fun. I have a dear friend from there and she's forever sending me info about it and postcards. 

Well, I did the opposite lol. I got married at the start of November. So between that and Christmas, the last 6 months have been hectic and crazy. Settling down into a normal routine again now but still caring for Mum which doesn't leave a lot of time to breathe. 🙂

1 minute ago, Taymist said:

Aww it sounds as if the divorce was the best thing for you and the young lad. Much healthier. Seattle looks like fun. I have a dear friend from there and she's forever sending me info about it and postcards. 

Well, I did the opposite lol. I got married at the start of November. So between that and Christmas, the last 6 months have been hectic and crazy. Settling down into a normal routine again now but still caring for Mum which doesn't leave a lot of time to breathe. 🙂

The divorce was for the best - definitely an upheaval and there's, of course, a lot more that went into (the tldr version is he cheated on me and blamed me for the marriage falling apart and lived in the house for 3 months after he said he wanted a divorce so.... that was... not fun). But like ya said, much healthier for me and the young lad 🙂

Congrats on your marriage! I hope you have many many years of happiness 🙂

And yes Seattle does look like fun - we're thinking early August so need to get crackin on some plans if we wanna make it happen!

• 3 weeks later...

Only planned trips for me as of now are Seattle and DC - I think I may also do a weekend trip with my son up to Omaha for a weekend (it's barely a 2 hour drive for me to get to Omaha). My kiddo is also going to do some type of camping-like trip with his grandparents while I'm in DC

What I *want* to do is go back to Europe but gonna have to save up for that one and I've got a bunch of house projects I need to take care of first (woo adulting.....)

On 1/8/2024 at 3:46 AM, Cairos said:

The brew and the flaming shot right after lol. Kinda like an Irish car bomb or soju bomb. 

Ok, so you explained the first... but what is the bold??

So Soju is Korean alcohol. Soju is a clear and colorless Korean distilled alcoholic beverage. It is usually consumed neat. Its alcohol content varies from about 12.9% to 53% alcohol by volume. It’s made for grains. Its taste like rubbing alcohol unless you get the flavored ones. The Bomb part is when you add beer to the mix. The name 'Soju Bomb' comes from the way the drink is typically served - with a shot glass of soju dropped into a glass of beer, creating a 'bomb' effect.

*sips on her sangria* Who knew there were so many other options lol

So how do make the Band's version of one of these 'bombs' - or... no don't tell me.... we'll find in the Infantry latrines, won't we?

15 hours ago, Cairos said:

Maybe we can make some Band theme inspired cocktails and drinks! That would be fun and interesting!

I used to have a list of those somewhere but I got rid of a lot of my dragonmount/band stuff 😢 

Flaming Shot

Infantry Brew

Calvary...... wonder if Corki remembers bc I don't lol

So time to make NEW ones!!! The new and improved! Ready for the 21st century. We'll start with um hmm for the archers... um.... *gets lost in thought*