DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

who has Gaidal Cain been reborn as?

tiffany1984

Olver is how old? 8? 9? 10?

However old he is, Gaidal Cain was in Tel'aran'rhiod up until some point in this series, which has only spanned a couple of years. Jordan has confirmed that time may flow oddly in the World of Dreams, quick for some, fast for others (it flows the same for people when they're together), but never backwards. Gaidal's only just been born into the world, likely to make new stories for the start of a new Age.

As for Mat, the only memory of a past life he's had was when he was Healed of the taint of Shadar Logoth, and that was just a brief moment. All his memories as a general were given to him by the Finn's, and they are memories collected from people who passed into the their world. The Finn's only 'record' the memories of those who've been there, and can only see events AFTER they leave, however they do it. That's why all the memories Mat has are those of adults. Mat himself confirms that multiple memories all happened at the same time, meaning that one of the men he remembers lived at the same time as another one of his memories, the lives overlap, they're not his own, they're not his soul.

These questions come up fairly often on the boards.

It wouldn't need to flow backward.

What we know about Cain is that he was "spun out" some relatively short time before, by Birgitte's reckoning. But that "short time" could have been years in the real world, just perceived as a short time by Birgitte in TAR.

Gaidal Cain is Uno.

As far as I can remember Gaidal was not spun out when Elayne and Nyneave first made contact with Birgitte in TAR. At some later meeting Birgitte mentioned that Gaidal had been spun out. That means that at the time they first met Birgitte, Gaidal was not spun out. Therefore I don't think that Olver can be Gaidal, unless time flows backwards.

I don't know if you are spun out at the time of birth, or at the time of "production". How long was it since Birgitte said that Gaidal was spun out? More or less then 9 months? Maybe Gaidal is not born yet. He could of course be born by any pregnant woman, but the only ones we know of in the books are Melaine and Elayne. It does not feel very likely that he would be reborn as Aiel or as son of the Dragon. It would, however, be fun if Elaynes and Rands child turned out to be REALLY ugly :)

Melaine will have two daughters according to Min's viewing, so she won't be Gaidal's mother.

Elayne became pregnant months after Gaidal left TAR so this doesn't work out either.

I wonder if Elayne's kids will be Shivan the Hunter and Calian. It's mentioned in CoS, Ch 21 that they are brother and sister and herald the change of Ages.

Melaine will have two daughters according to Min's viewing, so she won't be Gaidal's mother.

Elayne became pregnant months after Gaidal left TAR so this doesn't work out either.

I wonder if Elayne's kids will be Shivan the Hunter and Calian. It's mentioned in CoS, Ch 21 that they are brother and sister and herald the change of Ages.

That seems to be a common theory but I'm not so sure on it. Doesn't seem like the kinda thing that would fit in with being the next Daughter heir and First Prince of Andor to me.

Is there a possibility that the wheel didn't spin Gaidal Cain out at all? Just because Birgitte hadn't seen him for some time does not mean he was born.

Or, is it also possible that he was torn from TAR in the same manner as Birgitte was, prior to her being ripped out? If so, perhaps he was fortunate enough to be bonded as a warder...

Min's Viewings indicate that Birgitte would be paired with a man both older & younger than Birgitte.

It seems unlikely of that person being someone else than Gaidal since Birgitte was still able to find Nynaeve near the end of Fires of Heaven.

If he was ripped out, he would be older both physically and chronologically.

If he is yet to be born, he would be younger physically and I would count also chronologically.

in my opinion Olver is Gaidin people really are looking too closely at the times and what ever and not focusing on the characters and story. i have read the books numerous times. bridgette is always looking at men hoping to find him and Olver fits the profile of a hero in the making being trained by an army and being raised by the greatest commander the world has ever seen. and earlier in the story she did state earlier in the saga that he could be older than a babe.

in my opinion Olver is Gaidin people really are looking too closely at the times and what ever and not focusing on the characters and story. i have read the books numerous times. bridgette is always looking at men hoping to find him and Olver fits the profile of a hero in the making being trained by an army and being raised by the greatest commander the world has ever seen. and earlier in the story she did state earlier in the saga that he could be older than a babe.

1. RJ said he's not, so automatically he's not. End of discussion. 2. The timeline doesn't fit. Olver has been alive for 10 years. Gaidal was spun out less than a year ago. I believe what you're referencing is Birgitte saying Gaidal is "little more than a babe." That is exactly what he is. 3. Min's vision of Birgitte being connected to a man both older and younger than her shows that her soul is still connected to Gaidal although they're ages will no longer be similar.

Min's Viewings indicate that Birgitte would be paired with a man both older & younger than Birgitte.

It seems unlikely of that person being someone else than Gaidal since Birgitte was still able to find Nynaeve near the end of Fires of Heaven.

If he was ripped out, he would be older both physically and chronologically.

If he is yet to be born, he would be younger physically and I would count also chronologically.

Birgitte will meet a very young Gaidal in her twilight years, die, and then be spun back out into the pattern as a baby when that same iteration of Gaidal is a seasoned adult like Birgitte is now. They will meet again when Cain is old and Birgitte is young.

Is there a possibility that the wheel didn't spin Gaidal Cain out at all? Just because Birgitte hadn't seen him for some time does not mean he was born.

Or, is it also possible that he was torn from TAR in the same manner as Birgitte was, prior to her being ripped out? If so, perhaps he was fortunate enough to be bonded as a warder...

BS has stated that GC has been reborn, he knows who he is (go figure), and he is not Olver.

Additionally, he said that Olver couldn't be GC because Olver was too old!

Archived