DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Computers

Locke

I'm sure at least 89% of you suspect that your computers are alive and hate you. While this is mostly true, there are a couple other things one should take into consideration.

1) Computers thrive on frustration. Electricity is NOT your computer's #1 power source; frustration is. This is somewhat similar to how the Eel and Ael-fins feed off emotion in TWoT. Also see: Tantalization Effect

2) As your computer is desperate for as much of your frustration as possible, they employ something known as the "Tantalization Effect" In other words, they tantalize you with brief moments of operation to create an effect of extended periods of optimized frustration. When you start to get ultra frustrated at your computer's inability to perform, it suddenly breaks through with success misleading you to believe that there is hope. And so on.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my gosh!! This explains so much! So...according to this breakthrough...the best way to get your computer to work...is to...erm...

Not get frustrated?

Feed it pokeballs?

Be sugary to it?

Take sledgehammers (yes, plural) to it?

It all makes sense now!!

Where i used to work before I think the computers knew when there was something important to be done, an urgent email waiting, or you needed to get your Dragonmount fix, because it would go so slow as to make a snail look like Speedy Gonzalas! When you have nothing to to it runs fine, so it lulled you into believe you could just take a quick look on DM...oh NO!!!!

At least now, these computers are marginally better, except at lunchtime when you have the time to go on the internet, them WHAM!!! it slows slowly than a slow moving glacier!

Well thats my two pennies worth, now give them back ....

please *pouts*

Archived