DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Taim & dumai wells

Dysaster

just a quick question since am rereading the series...

how did Taim know where to go with the asha'man forces?

1- no asha'men in camelyn allowed per rand

2- perrin & co kept what they were doing secret

3- as far as we know, no asha'men were with #2 sooo

Well we also know from (I believe it was) the end of Lord of Chaos (maybe it was another book) that Taim and Elaida had (at least by the epilogue of whichever book that was) a line of communication with each other. I'm reffering to when he said "Let the Lord of Chaos rule" and he was in the room with the red and black floor tiles. Basicaly, when it was first more than hinted at that he was a bad guy. So, if they were communicating then, then it's possible they had communicated before.

Or, more likely, Taim had contact with Messanna or one of the Black Ajah, such as Alviarin, and would have been privy to such information as Rand's kidnapping.

From the Theoryland interview database:

Audience: How did Taim track Rand down for the battle of Dumai’s Wells?

Robert Jordan: That ones easy, son! C’mon. At that point, Taim was trying to find him like the devil. He knew pretty much what had happened from the beginning. Things were happening. The Aes Sedai disappeared from Cairhien. Perrin disappeared. Rand disappeared. Taim had an idea that something very bad was going on, and when you can Travel it becomes easier to start tracking out where did these Aes Sedai go and Bingo, we got something very bad going on down here, and I’m gonna come and tear the house down. It’s very easy.

Well we also know from (I believe it was) the end of Lord of Chaos (maybe it was another book) that Taim and Elaida had (at least by the epilogue of whichever book that was) a line of communication with each other. I'm reffering to when he said "Let the Lord of Chaos rule" and he was in the room with the red and black floor tiles. Basicaly, when it was first more than hinted at that he was a bad guy. So, if they were communicating then, then it's possible they had communicated before.

Or, more likely, Taim had contact with Messanna or one of the Black Ajah, such as Alviarin, and would have been privy to such information as Rand's kidnapping.

Taim's "Let the Lord of Chaos rule" comment wasn't until the KoD epilogue. And it was made to the Red sisters that had gone to the Black Tower to bond Asha'man in secret. The head of the Red specifically told them to keep it hidden from Elaida. It is certainly possible that Taim was in communication with Mesaana or the Black Ajah inside the White Tower but we have no reason to believe that he ever communicated with Elaida.

I reckon it was Moridin using his Ta'veren-tracking technique. You know, the one that got tantalizingly mentioned but "never got used"

The way RJ says "Cmon that ones easy" makes me think of him seeing it as a probing question that he found an easy red herring explanation for.

NOTE: A red herring is not a lie. It is a possible explanation used to throw one off-guard.

I reckon it was Moridin using his Ta'veren-tracking technique. You know, the one that got tantalizingly mentioned but "never got used"

The way RJ says "Cmon that ones easy" makes me think of him seeing it as a probing question that he found an easy red herring explanation for.

NOTE: A red herring is not a lie. It is a possible explanation used to throw one off-guard.

Also known as some superficial similaries between Moridin and Taim used to cause the reader to come up with crazy theories. :wink:

Also known as some superficial similaries between Moridin and Taim used to cause the reader to come up with crazy theories. :wink:

Hahaha we will see, but alas I cannot ignore that its as farfetched as they come, discounting Taimandred

This fit's nicely with the minion Taim theory; specifically that he's been Ishy's minion for some time.

Archived