DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nominate Your Favourite Christmas Songs and Music!!! 2010 Contest

Corki

December is upon us and Christmas is drawing ever so closer. Personally it isn't since I am bogged down with studying for my rather important accountancy exams next week, but it shall do once they are done. Last year we had "It's A Knockout" contests for Christmas Carols and your favourite songs. We shall be having the same again this year! So, this thread allows you to nominate your favourite Christmas songs (rock, pop, classical, NOT CAROLS) to go into the "It's A Knockout" contest to select DM's favourite Christmas Song for 2010. And below is what you need to do!

Between now and TUESDAY 14TH DECEMBER 2010, nominate your favourite Christmas songs to challenge for the title of DM's favourite Christmas Song. Follow the simple proforma below to get a nomination in. Name your song, explain why you have nominated it, and provide a YouTube clip (or similar) of the song.

[u][b]Christmas Song:[/b][/u] 
[u][b]Reason for Nomination:[/b][/u] 
[u][b]YouTube (or similar link):[/b][/u] 

You can nominate more than one song. Any nomination that is seconded, i.e. Krak suggests song X and Farcrie agrees with the nomination, automatically qualifies for a place in the "It's A Knockout" contest. There will also be 4 seeded pieces of music, which were the top 4 from when this contest was held in December 2009 (please see nominations area below for those 4 songs, or click on the link here). Otherwise, it will be done on a first come, first served basis. If there are any gaps at the end of the nomination period, I will fill in the gaps.

PLEASE NOTE (1): I am looking for a minimum of 8 nominations, and a maximum of 16. If we get more than 16, all the better!

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

PLEASE NOTE (2): As stated above, there will be no carols, as we have a separate contest for that. I will ignore any carol suggestions.

Nominated Tracks

Total number of tracks selected: 4

Seeded (and with an automatic place in the "It's A Knockout" contest)

1. White Christmas by Bing Crosby

2. Christmas Eve/Sarajevo by Trans-Siberian Orchestra

3. Fairytale of New York by The Pogues with Kirsty McColl

4. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day by Wizzard

Seconded (and with an automatic place in the "It's A Knockout" contest)

Nominated

Added by Corki

Seeded (and with an automatic place in the "It's A Knockout" contest)

1. White Christmas by Bing Crosby

2. Christmas Eve/Sarajevo by Trans-Siberian Orchestra

3. Fairytale of New York by The Pogues with Kirsty McColl

4. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day by Wizzard

Please do not vote or nominate these! They have already qualified!

[u][b]Christmas Song:[/b]Jussi Björling - O helga natt (Oh holy night)[/u]

[u][b]Reason for Nomination:[/b]The ultimate christmas song, performed by one of, if not the greatest male singer of all times.[/u]

[u][b]YouTube (or similar link):[/b]

[/u]

[u][b]Christmas Song:[/b]Sofia Karlsson - Julvisa i Finnmarken[/u]

[u][b]Reason for Nomination:[/b]Traditional Swedish song, here in a magic version.[/u]

[u][b]YouTube (or similar link):[/b]

[/u]

Archived