DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Tattoo

Guest MattZupka

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gotten some more work done to my WOT tattoos. I actually won a contest w/ the tattoo shop and got a free hour of ink.. took about 30 minutes to decide what I wanted to do. My wheel / serpent looked unfinished and I wanted to add the spear, banner and andersova (sp) leaves. I left it to the artist to figure out how to make it work. Though it's not 100% identical to the compass icon I am very happy with the result, and it unique to me all the more. We decided the proper phrase was "a rendition of the logo" I still have to get it colored - left it in black / gray until I can decide what I want to do with it.. probably just going to go w/ brown haft and green leaves though I have half a mind to go blue with it too (favorite color) Also got a couple of spots on the dragon touched up... this is from when it was a day old.

279835_2021998001580_1592867054_2915787_4116909_o.jpg

I've gotten some more work done to my WOT tattoos. I actually won a contest w/ the tattoo shop and got a free hour of ink.. took about 30 minutes to decide what I wanted to do. My wheel / serpent looked unfinished and I wanted to add the spear, banner and andersova (sp) leaves. I left it to the artist to figure out how to make it work. Though it's not 100% identical to the compass icon I am very happy with the result, and it unique to me all the more. We decided the proper phrase was "a rendition of the logo" I still have to get it colored - left it in black / gray until I can decide what I want to do with it.. probably just going to go w/ brown haft and green leaves though I have half a mind to go blue with it too (favorite color) Also got a couple of spots on the dragon touched up... this is from when it was a day old.

279835_2021998001580_1592867054_2915787_4116909_o.jpg

That is freaking amazing! I think it looks good enough just black and white.

If I'd get a WoT tattoo, it would probably be something like this, only the snake being different color.

wheeloftime.jpg

WoT has a lot of nice symbols that one could get as tattoos and still not appear as nerdy fantasy geek if that's what you're afraid of. Good examples in this thread are the Aes Sedai symbol and that snake & wheel symbol xD

I'm putting this on my shoulder, its my next piece I'm getting

I have 11 tattoos but no WOT yet. I've been planning to get the Aiel Vow in full down my left side for years. I'm running my first marathon in December and plan to get that done after the race.

Also, about HepC in US facilities. It varies from state to state but most states that license facilities require the artist to put the ink in a seperate container and then use a fresh needle each time and to throw away the unused ink after each tattoo. If your artist does not do this then find one that does.

well - call me impressed. Very nice... I really like how the different parts are all incorporated with each other. Was it drawn / designed by yourself or was the artist a WoT Fan ?

Thanks! The artist had no idea what it was, which I think made the sleeve turn out as amazing as it did. If you couldn't tell by now it's an homage to Matrim Cauthon, which I just took in a few pictures and my artist told me to come back in a few days to see what he put together.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my husband's arm with our daughter Nynaeve. He is planning to add the dragon and the dice to the other side of his arm in the up coming year.

Awww, she's a sweetheart. Good name too :D And it's sweet that her daddy got a tat of her birthday. ^_^

NYn

• 2 weeks later...

Archived