DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Tattoo

Guest MattZupka

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'd get a WoT tattoo, it would probably be something like this, only the snake being different color.

wheeloftime.jpg

WoT has a lot of nice symbols that one could get as tattoos and still not appear as nerdy fantasy geek if that's what you're afraid of. Good examples in this thread are the Aes Sedai symbol and that snake & wheel symbol xD

i would be more worried about hep C than looking nerdy. . . and maybe my employment future.

Any reputable tattoo shop opens a new needle in front of you and only uses it once. They get frequent health department inspections. I am an accountant so I made sure that all of my tattoos are in places that are covered when I am in my business attire. That kind of thing should be considered when planning a tattoo, although a lot of places are becoming less and less strict about tattoos showing.

I've been considering a WoT tattoo for years. I might work it into some kind of larger piece that incorporates all of my favorite book series.

please be sure that they open new ink bottles for you, too. hep C is so virulent, and tiny, that you can become infected by the ink that an infected needle was dipped into (many IVDAs who never shared a needle became HCV+ by sharing the spoon). it's much more contagious than HIV, and can lead to very bad things. please research this thoroughly before you commit.

end of PSA, didn't mean to offend.

please be sure that they open new ink bottles for you, too. hep C is so virulent, and tiny, that you can become infected by the ink that an infected needle was dipped into (many IVDAs who never shared a needle became HCV+ by sharing the spoon). it's much more contagious than HIV, and can lead to very bad things. please research this thoroughly before you commit.

end of PSA, didn't mean to offend.

That's a good point. If they're tattooing some guy with hep C and dip the needle into the ink it can get into the ink even if the needle is new. All the tattoos I've had done, the artist has emptied out the ink he will need onto a separate area so the needle doesn't actually touch the ink bottle and anything that is left of the amount he poured out is thrown away.

Guest glassmatrim

I'm going to get the wheel with all the accoutrements(banner, snake, leaves, spear) down my left thigh, possibly in colour, iono.

I'm also getting a black heron on my right palm, and the dice chapter icon on my left.

Also: if I can find an artist to do a close-enough rendition of the Raven and Tower (or what I think it should look like) the Seanchan Seekers for Truth and Deathwatch Guards. In all the books, references, and even fan art, I haven't found a single example of the shoulder tattoo that high-level da'covale possess, and I wants it!

edit:

PS. If anyone knows of previously existing image or description and could point me in the right direction I'd be greatly obliged.

Here is the Before and After my WoT Tat. The first time I got it was about 14 years and the new one was just updated.

Patrick Minze

http://PatrickMinze.com

[twitter]Pminze[/twitter]

You have a good tattoo artist. I'm impressed.

Thanks he did a Great Job. Here is a link to his Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/Priest1913 and http://www.facebook.com/WyldChyldBrooklyn

• 1 month later...

Very Nice!

Bump!!!

Justed wanted to add mine instead of making a new thread. I'm a noob to the site, but found this thread while searching for other tattoos. I got mine back in 2007--not my first tat, but my only WoT so far. :wink:

IMG_2726.JPG

• 2 months later...

I almost, ALMOST got the sword and the dragon on my collarbones. I coundnt remember which went where, and that sht woulda hurt! And I'm a sissy.

I want to do the sword and dragon in the same spots as well. :P I love the Ji'e'toh tattoo also. I got my first WoT tattoo last night. :) but cause I'm a forum retard I cant figure out how to post it here. :( it is at: my hello thread

I am very jealous of you all... I love the idea of getting a WoT tattoo, but I am absolutely positively sure that I could never ever no matter how much Oosquai I have had, get one. I have an irrational fear of needles to the point that seeing them on tv or in a movie gives me the shivers. Though, because Lan is my favorite character of the series, I can dream of having "Tai'shar Malkier" somewhere, but it will never happen -- ever.

On another note, I enjoyed looking at all of y'all's tattoos! :biggrin:

I have an irrational fear of needles to the point that seeing them on tv or in a movie gives me the shivers.

You're not alone. I can watch people getting beheaded, disemboweled, etc. (on TV or in the movies), but pull out a needle and I close my eyes and turn my head, even if it's a news report about flu shots!!!! I do have my gallon pin for donating a gallon of blood, but they have a tough time getting my blood pressure down low enough to allow me to donate anymore.

James

• 3 weeks later...
Guest leo_sbc2003

I thought I'd post a copy of my latest ink. Unfortunately none of my friends are real WoT fans so no one truly appreciates it :( haha

post-20082-0-40536500-1309467092_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been putting serious thought into my first tattoo, which will of course be a WoT tattoo. But im stuck between a few things lol. Like the wheel icon itself, or a few choice Old Tongue phrases, or maybe even just Ji'e'toh somewhere. Or some dragons on my forearms like Rands. Its such a hard choice.

For a first tat, you should do something small, I would recommend you not doing the dragons till you have both time and money to spend on them, a full arm tat will take multiple sessions, also if you want the colors from the book, you'll have to pay extra for the metallics as well.

Archived