DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What was the 'BLANK in the Blight'

Luckers

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going with "city" too. Graendal saw farmers from Moridin's palace, didn't she? They must be feeding someone. And if you think about it, things like forging those Thakan'dar blades, breeding trollocs, organizing, and all of that is going to need the infrastructure a city provides, and probably human leadership.

Out of curiosity, where or when did the author talk about this? I don't remember ever reading anything like this until it came up here over the last couple days.

I have a hard time believing someone would be as shocked as described in the blank thing if told there was a city in the blight. So what? It's not going anywhere. I also have trouble seeing how it could change everything in a profound way, as was alluded to iirc.

I'm hoping for something a bit more imaginative.

I also think it's a city, because a city is something RJ could spend a few hours describing. He loved creating new cultures, and WoT has many city states. Also we know there are crops that grow in the blight, and agriculture isn't going to work without cities and governments, otherwise the trollocs would just overrun the farms and nothing would get planted.

I'm going with "city" too. Graendal saw farmers from Moridin's palace, didn't she? They must be feeding someone. And if you think about it, things like forging those Thakan'dar blades, breeding trollocs, organizing, and all of that is going to need the infrastructure a city provides, and probably human leadership.

Out of curiosity, where or when did the author talk about this? I don't remember ever reading anything like this until it came up here over the last couple days.

The Myrddraal blades are created by the Forgers, lifeless beings whose sole purpose is to make these blades.

Trollocs are too primitive in nature to adhere to the social structures of living in a city.

Considering the Forsaken have all been gone for so long, any such a place would fall to infighting the moment whoever ruled showed an ounce of weakness. Ishamael could have controlled it, however he was only able to free himself from the Bore every thousand years or so.

The Myrddraal blades are created by the Forgers, lifeless beings whose sole purpose is to make these blades.

Yeah, the WOT wiki agrees with you on that, I didn't know. Do you know if that info was given in one of the books? Or the White Book? I had just sort of assumed they were humans.

Trollocs are too primitive in nature to adhere to the social structures of living in a city.

Right, no doubt, but I assumed trollocs would be unable to manage themselves. Even fades would seem like they'd have a hard time controlling trollocs who aren't doing battle. The trollocs would end up killing each other off unless they have handlers of some sort. At least that's what I figured. Plus they need human breeding stock to feed them (and then farms to feed the humans) and all in all I would think the infrastructure for all this would require humans in order to run things. I doubt they capture enough Borderlanders through raids to feed the number of trollocs that are supposedly waiting in the Blight.

Q: This question has to do with a conversation I had with Wilson.

Brandon: Oh okay, is this going to be? Okay, I think I know what this is going to be.

Q: At last JordanCon I was talking with Wilson, and he was telling me about the night that Robert Jordan told him the end of the book.

Brandon: Uh huh.

Q: And he says that it started off with the word... they were talking about whatever, and it started off with Robert Jordan getting really quiet and then leaning in and saying, "There is a _____ in the Blight." To which that completely blindsides Wilson. He says, "There’s a what?!?" And Robert Jordan then says, "There's a _____ in the Blight and not even Harriet knows about it." And then went on for two hours describing about how this was important and pivotal and yet takes place... be really important for the end of the book. Any further hints?

Brandon: And see, Wilson can get away with stuff that I can't. And that is a story I've been told by three different people now. In fact, the first day I was there in Charleston, Harriet told it to me. Then Maria told it to me. And then I met Wilson later and he told it to me. Because that was the day when they suddenly said, "We need a tape recorder. Someone get a tape recorder." And I think Maria, like, went to the store to get one and came back with... But then, that was the session where he started for the first time dictating what was to happen and things like this. I do know that story. It's great for you to share it with everyone. I would not have shared that story because I have to be extra careful not to cross any lines. And so…you will get hints about whatever that was in the next book [Towers of Midnight].

Yeah, the WOT wiki agrees with you on that, I didn't know. Do you know if that info was given in one of the books? Or the White Book? I had just sort of assumed they were humans.

Lord of Chaos, Prologue, Demandred's POV.

It's either a City of Darkfriends, or some crazy monster. Possibly a monster that can channel,or is like the Golom and is resistant to the Power, because otherwise no matter how cool/scary the monster is, it'll be fairly easy to kill. Maybe it's whatever the worms grow into. But I do like the City of Darkfriends idea.

I am saying a city of Darkfriends. And unlikely they would rebel since they are so far into the blight they most likely have the DO's protection, the loss of such protection would most likely result in a large number of trollocs showing up and putting them in cookpots. And the occasional appearence of Ishy to look in on them every so often.

Doubt they are channelers since they could of then just blasted Barriga and not pulled out a knife.

Party, maybe? A party in the Blight that RJ was going to that Harriet didn't know about?

Hmm... really though, I'm not sure. Could be a city, it's intriguing certainly. Randomly, and I think he was confirmed as dead, but didn't Rand's father wonder off into the Blight alone to kill stuff? Certianly other Aiel have done the same, so it's possible. If it is a city, could even be an Age of Legends city (although badly beaten up), like the resort town that Shayol Ghul was supposed to be next to. Maybe the Aiel are just corrupted Jenn Aiel, who have been acting as servants to the Forsaken, etc. since the Age of Legends, working away at the Dark Ones plans... if that's the case, maybe they're bad singing is what keeps the Blight all blighty but still alive... who knows? Looking forward to finding out, though.

Wouldn't be surprised to discover those "red-veiled Aiel" are actually their male channelers who went into the Blight to spit in the Sightblinder's eye. Whether they're still alive or simply gone completely into madness remains to be seen.

PLEASE tell me Amys was NOT misinformed, and Janduin DID die in the Blight.. :madmyrddraal: (TSR 34)

Wouldn't be surprised to discover those "red-veiled Aiel" are actually their male channelers who went into the Blight to spit in the Sightblinder's eye. Whether they're still alive or simply gone completely into madness remains to be seen.

PLEASE tell me Amys was NOT misinformed, and Janduin DID die in the Blight.. :madmyrddraal: (TSR 34)

I don't think Janduin could channel. Didn't he just wander off into the Blight seeking death after Shaiel died?

Archived