DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

100 companions

Vermillion

I have always had the impression that the 100 companions did some work together with the seals. But really they couldn't have because they couldn't link. I don't think we have see cooperative weaves where more than one person make a weave better.

So, what you have is a bunch of male channlers going to SG while 7 of them place the seals and the rest maybe shield the Forsaken and kill whats around. 100 seems like over kill though.

It was 113 at the time or something, the exact number is in "Strike at Shayol Ghul". (assuming I didn't mess up spelling again :( ).

They did work together, it is possible without a link, but rather each individual had to direct the flows themselves, making it a much much harder task to be precise with it.

Well, I imagine heading into Shayol Ghul itself wouldnt be easy, with probably a crapton of Shadowspawn around the place. Could have been more Forsaken then just those 13 as well. And who knows what sort of weirdness the DO is able to throw around. In any case, out of the 113 only 68 survived, so there was something definetly killing them.

Well the strike was actually a military action. There were ten thousand normal troops as well so I imagine many of the companions were involved in fighting the shadowspawn and other defenses/defenders on the way. It may well be that the seal was put in place by Lews Therin alone using a sa'angreal.

we know of one other weave where there are different channelers not linked working together. the 13X13. thirteen channelers weave through thirteen mydraal. seems to me that it isnt the only weave that requires that.

What makes you think the channelers aren't linked? They are: it's explicitly called a "circle" in the Big Book Of Bad Art.

Archived