• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jenniferl

jenniferl

Balrog of Love

• Administrators
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:05 AM

The next WorldCon will be held in Reno, Nevada. Brandon confirmed last night on Twitter that he plans to attend.

WorldCon is one of the bigger conventions, but it's not as big as Dragon*Con or San Diego Comic Con. It focuses primarily on science fiction and fantasy literature. There will be quite a few authors there, some of which will be big names like Brandon Sanderson. Others might be lesser known, but still worth getting to know. Pre-registered members also get to participate in the selection of the 2011 Hugo Awards. Details on the website.

http://www.renovationsf.org/

I'd really like to attend this one. My ideal scenario is that I can be there for all five days, do some panels about WoT and other things I'm interested in and hold a room party to promote JordanCon. It depends on whether or not I can afford to travel next summer. I checked the attending list a couple weeks ago and I saw plenty of WoT fans already registered. This could be hella fun.

I also Chair JordanCon, blog at Northside Food and am the President of the Southern Fandom Confederation.

I've disabled my PM box. You'll need to email me if you have an issue. jennifer@dragonmount.com

#2 Al Jenn Mael

Al Jenn Mael

Lord of Capricarious Effervescence

• Members
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:17 AM

I'll be living about 2 hours away so probably something I'll be attending. Will just have to get with people at work. I'll know more closer to the date.
Posted Image

#3 jenniferl

jenniferl

Balrog of Love

• Administrators
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

If there's a European interested in attending WorldCon next year, the Transatlantic Fan Fund needs more candidates. http://taff.org.uk/

I also Chair JordanCon, blog at Northside Food and am the President of the Southern Fandom Confederation.

I've disabled my PM box. You'll need to email me if you have an issue. jennifer@dragonmount.com

#4 jenniferl

jenniferl

Balrog of Love

• Administrators
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

I am pretty certain I'll be able to attend. I booked a room for me and Jimmy at the Atlantis before they sold out. However, there is still plenty of room at the Peppermill. If you are planning to attend, go ahead and buy your badge now so you can participate in the Hugos. (And think of Dragonmount when nominating for "Best Fanzine".)

#5 jenniferl

jenniferl

Balrog of Love

• Administrators
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

American Airlines has pretty good prices to Reno right now. If you're still thinking about attending, here's the link. http://www.aa.com/ne...&skw=&tc=KAYK,3

Also, if you didn't see on Twitter, I'm on the website as a program participant. http://www.renovatio...nniferliang.php Linda Taglieri is also up there. So there should be at least one WoT panel this year. We're also going to throw a room party to promote JordanCon, so if you'd like to help with that, let me know.

#6 jenniferl

jenniferl

Balrog of Love

• Administrators
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:13 AM

Alright, it looks like Linda and I will be on a panel with Brandon and some book reviewer guy about the legacy of the Wheel of Time. We are tentatively planning to throw a room party to promote JordanCon on Friday night.

I've heard from a handful of folks who are coming and plan to help with the party. Anyone else?

#7 Naked~Frog

Naked~Frog

I am the Unconquerable, Caped, Crusader of Spam!

• Members
  • 14,965 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

I want to but it's just too far :(

band_of_the_red_hand_by_minniearts-d4hv1

I have not read the last WoT book. Please have mercy on my soul.

Souvra Bonded to Ahmoondah Sedai / Cour'Souvra Bonded to dapianoplay3r

#8 Liathiana

Liathiana

+1

• Members
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

I live about 40 minutes away, if that...so I am definitely coming!
Posted Image
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off Posted Image

#9 jenniferl

jenniferl

Balrog of Love

• Administrators
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

Great! It'll be good to see you again!