DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Building a Relationship

Eqwina

Not twelve hours after she’d last left him, a note smelling of flowers was delivered to her rooms by a starry eyed young novice. Sending the girl off with a few sharp words Eqwina lightly fingered the dark lump of wax before cracking the seal.

This young man was the son of one of the greatest swordsmen of their time; intrigue and rumor surround his entire life. That was a given, what Eqwina could not decide was if it made him the pawn in some plot to expose her true allegiance or if he was simply what he seemed; A young man smitten with an Aes Sedai. Allowing him the kiss and giving him another had been a mistake; but one she did not regret. As much as she had been taught to control her most primitive womanly desires, it had been too long since she’d felt the kiss of someone so innocent.

Nevin’s strong jaw and sad eyes flashed into her mind; but she banished it with anger. He’d left her, he had abandoned her to her fate in the Tower; leaving her broken and scared. Yet, as much as she hated him she knew that he still had the key to her heart.

Glancing down at the note in her hand a small smile spread on Eqwina’s lips.

Dearest and Most Honored Eqwina Aes Sedai:

I very much enjoyed the chance to get to know such a great woman as you. I would welcome your company again this evening.

With all the Honor I possess:

Kastor

Perhaps the young man was simply just that, a young man. Sitting down at her writing desk Eqwina scrawled out a short reply and sealed it with a lump of yellow wax; impressing it with her Great Serpent ring.

Young Kastor:

I thank you for your company last evening, but it is not possible for me to see you tonight. My duties will keep me busy for a fortnight, but I would welcome your company at another time. I will expect your presence at the North gate on the evening of the Firelight Festival.

Blessings,

Eqwina al’Caupthn

Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah

It might rile Kastor to be called young, but she'd allowed herself to be a little to free last night and now she had to regain lost ground.

ooc: Sorry for not posting yesterday, Eqwi dear - I've dozed off and the laptop has shut down automatically

Young Kastor:

I thank you for your company last evening, but it is not possible for me to see you tonight. My duties will keep me busy for a fortnight, but I would welcome your company at another time. I will expect your presence at the North gate on the evening of the Firelight Festival.

Blessings,

Eqwina al’Caupthn

Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah

Young Kastor? He smiled at that. True he was young, especially when compared to an Aes Sedai. However the note did give Kastor a few tips. For one, that Eqwina Sedai was feeling a bit on edge of what happened last night. And two - he was moving too fast. Well then, slow it would be. The Firelight Festival was not too far away. And chances were that Kastor would be too busy with training and knowing his father - too busy recovering from injuries, for time to pass slowly. And so it happened. The next several days passed quite quickly, partly because at one point Kastor was unconcious from a bokuto strike to the head he proved a part of the second too slow to parry. By the time of the Firelight Festival, Kastor was at the North Gate, limping slightly but in a good mood and smiling as usual. As Eqwina Sedai came, he bowed respectfully.

"It is a pleasure to see you again, Eqwina Sedai. I hope you're feeling well tonight?"