DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Luckers List of (WoT Related) Frequently Asked Questions and Theories

Luckers

• 3 weeks later...

I like this idea, but I would recommend adjusting the format.  Maybe make a locked board as was done in the early days of TGS.  Allow people to submit their theories to the mods and if they are well argued then create a new thread in the locked board for their theory.  Possibly create a table of contents that is stickied.

I would also recommend cleaning it when ToM comes out.  Maybe split the board into three sets.  One set that was disproved, one that was confirmed and one for theories that are still valid.  Put the first two into separate boards particularly the confirmed theories and leave the still plausible theories on the board.

I'm considering all of those points--the submit through mod is definately going to happen, and I sort of like the idea of a locked board. I'm confused by the table of stickied contents thing--is that not what is above?

Your thoughts for ToM are solid. I'll remember them. For the short term I plan to first finish populating this with my stuff, then the old DM FAQ stuff, then I'll open it. Hopefully this won't take too long. Currently though I'm working on a seperate project. I'll get back to this by next week at the latest.

I'm confused by the table of stickied contents thing--is that not what is above?

I was just making sure that would be permanent.

Perhaps this is a silly question, but what's a "mod"? What does submitting by one mean?

A mod is a moderator, and submitting by one means that to publish your theory in the "official" theory area you must send it to a moderator and they must approve it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So totally disappointed that my Aiel Traitor theory disappeared; going to have to rewrite it. Is there a guideline for submissions available yet, Luckers?

Nope. Sorry kids, I made the mistake of taking charge of the Tower Guard Program and it's owning my WoT time.

That being said, throw me a line if you think you have someting good. In general my requirements are--be as concise as you can be, don't blugeon with quote, use them only when you're interpreting them specifically and otherwise simply reference them.

I don't make promises here--you'll have noticed I'm not even adding my own stuff. Turns our being the Wheel admin around a release involves work. Who'd have thunk it.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

New to the mount were can a WoT nut get some up to date WoT debate

Right here, on this board. Choose a topic you like or open a new one (just make sure what you have in mind wasn't discussed in another thread before you do so).

wait, when did that become a rule? cause... seriously, yoni, noone'd be saying nothin bout nothin...

It's always been a rule--the idea is to prevent duplicate threads on the same subject--and is listed in the forum rules section. That being said, we're not too strict on it--if theres another active thread on the same subject on the first page we'll usually lock one of them.

• 6 months later...
Guest Cynthia Cruz Georgian

I have a question, in the 12th book ending Rand meets with Tam, and Tam tells him that the Queen of Andror,Morgase, lives, but we dont see Perrin discover this information until he meets with Galad in the 13th book. Am I missing something??? I'm feeling very confused.

I have a question, in the 12th book ending Rand meets with Tam, and Tam tells him that the Queen of Andror,Morgase, lives, but we dont see Perrin discover this information until he meets with Galad in the 13th book. Am I missing something??? I'm feeling very confused.

The timeline is skewed. Tam at the end of tGS is Tam from about half way through Tofm in Perrin's timeline.

You weren't the only one confused by this.

Archived