DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Team Jordan Q&A and Interviews

Luckers

• 3 weeks later...

rands connection to the andoran throne is a little bit tighter than rhea from the aiel history... but we already know he is lord lucs brother/nephew, cant remember the exact tie, and the son of tigraine who fled from the palace on the command of her mothers aes sedai advisor who then became the amyrlin who foretold rands birth on dragonmount as it happened.

Gitara used to be the counselor to Queen Mordrellen, the mother of Tigraine and grandmother of Rand. She later became Keeper of the Chronicles to Tamra she was never amyrlin

• 4 weeks later...

I am also keeping up with the Q&A on Twitter.  Lots of good stuff on there (including a few questions by Luckers and some others that I'm sure are Dragonmounters).  I'm working on a few new categories: Parallels and Influences, Themes, The Fandom, RJ On Writing, RJ On Life, and Future Books is mostly complete, barring some RJ quotes I need to dig up and the future stuff from Brandon (which I will be adding regularly).  The other categories will be up hopefully within a month, or two at most; they are less urgent IMO.

Terez, is there any way to keep updated with the changes you make to the database? I mean, I went over most of it a year ago, but I don't want to do that all over again.

You know, I would absolutely love an RSS feed for new (and old) quotes added to the database! Have no earthly idea if that's possible.

Terez, is there any way to keep updated with the changes you make to the database? I mean, I went over most of it a year ago, but I don't want to do that all over again.

You know, I would absolutely love an RSS feed for new (and old) quotes added to the database! Have no earthly idea if that's possible.

I haven't really been using Twitter for anything yet other than following Brandon, but you can follow me there if you like (Terez27), and I'll post when I make updates.

If I could ask Team Jordan one thing, right now it would be...

In TGS Rands eyes were described on one occasion only as holding caverns of ice for a moment. Instantly I thought of "Ba'alzamon" with the caverns of fire and whatnot. If I could, I would ask Team Jordan if that was actually a supernatural thing or just a mundane description. The wording has stuck in my head since I read it, I cant remember the page number. Caverns of ice. It happens after the True Power incedent Im sure, after Rand decides to be cuendillar. Where he acts cold all the time, in contrast with Ishamael the nihilist and his fiery eyes and mouth... I'd be surprised if it was coincedence. very surprised.

Where are you Randzamon?!?!

• 1 year later...

It's not much of an answer, but here you go:

HBFFerreira - 20 July 2010 2:35 pm

The Gathering Storm: Rand's dark aura was an effect of channeling the True Power, right? Winter's Heart prologue: didn't Taim cast a similar aura?

Brandon - 21 July 12:18 am

You're the first to notice that that I've seen.

• 8 months later...

Hmmmm, I'm new here so not sure were to post this but I'm desperately trying to find all The Wheel of Time books in Hardcover and yet when I do find them I'm not sure wether I'm being ripped off or not as some are going for £20 and some are going for £160 but don't seem that different... Some are from America and some from UK but I don't know the difference, I even saw a signed limited edition one "leather bound" for £500 but have no idea if it is real or not and wether that is a good price or not... Can anyone help.. :/

Thanks for the effort but that isn't much help to me I'm afraid...

They should all sell for around 10-20 USD, if you're looking for new hardcovers. The ones that cost substantially more are first editions or leather-bound, collectors' special editions and such, and you'd know if you were looking for one of those.

Of course, you can get the entire series for much less if you're willing to buy it in paperback; look for the boxsets (three books each), it's cheaper still. And, naturally, you can get it all in ebook now, too (though they're noticeably more expensive, somewhere in the middle between hardcover and paperback).

• 3 months later...

Is channeling carried from one life to the next reincarnation? I know this is the case with the Dragon and the Dragon Reborn but he may be a specail case.

Apparently, the ability to channel is connected to the soul, so I guess so. What I want to know is if the amount a channeler can channel is the same in each life.... if that's the case, a lot of speculation about certain things could be cleared up.

• 4 months later...

It's both an attribute of the soul and a genetic trigger. There are, for example, entire Ages where no one can channel at all.

I was thinking about this the other day at random and what if no one being able to channel has nothing to do with the people themselves but a product of the entire world being one great Steading that slowly recedes through the ages only to come full again?

Random thoughts.

• 4 years later...

Is channeling carried from one life to the next reincarnation? I know this is the case with the Dragon and the Dragon Reborn but he may be a specail case.

Apparently, the ability to channel is connected to the soul, so I guess so. What I want to know is if the amount a channeler can channel is the same in each life.... if that's the case, a lot of speculation about certain things could be cleared up.

If we use Rand and Ishamael (Moridin) as case studies, then I guess the answer would be yes, since they are the only cases we know of where we exactly who they were in past lives. They are both as strong as is humanly possible, and were also in their past lives.

Archived