Team Jordan Q&A and Interviews

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Shades11

Shades11
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Thanks for the effort but that isn't much help to me I'm afraid...

#42 yoniy0

yoniy0
  • DM - Staff
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

Thanks for the effort but that isn't much help to me I'm afraid...

They should all sell for around 10-20 USD, if you're looking for new hardcovers. The ones that cost substantially more are first editions or leather-bound, collectors' special editions and such, and you'd know if you were looking for one of those.
Of course, you can get the entire series for much less if you're willing to buy it in paperback; look for the boxsets (three books each), it's cheaper still. And, naturally, you can get it all in ebook now, too (though they're noticeably more expensive, somewhere in the middle between hardcover and paperback).
If you rather not use PM, you can always email me to yoniy0 at dragonmount dot com for moderation questions.

you are worse than Hitler! I heard that you eat babies!

#43 Chaoticorg

Chaoticorg
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

Is channeling carried from one life to the next reincarnation? I know this is the case with the Dragon and the Dragon Reborn but he may be a specail case.

#44 thisguy

thisguy
  • Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

Is channeling carried from one life to the next reincarnation? I know this is the case with the Dragon and the Dragon Reborn but he may be a specail case.

Apparently, the ability to channel is connected to the soul, so I guess so. What I want to know is if the amount a channeler can channel is the same in each life.... if that's the case, a lot of speculation about certain things could be cleared up.
"Al'Thor. She had to face the truth: she had bungled her handling of him." Cadsuane; Pg 474, The Gathering Storm

"By the Three Oaths, no Aes Sedai could speak a vow she did not mean. Except for the Black Ajah, of course; it seemed obvious they must have found a way to lie. Whether either of these women was Black was a problem for a different time, though." Egwene; A Crown of Swords, Pg 245

#45 yoniy0

yoniy0
  • DM - Staff
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

It's both an attribute of the soul and a genetic trigger. There are, for example, entire Ages where no one can channel at all.
If you rather not use PM, you can always email me to yoniy0 at dragonmount dot com for moderation questions.

you are worse than Hitler! I heard that you eat babies!

#46 KinslayerSedai

KinslayerSedai

Kinslayer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

It's both an attribute of the soul and a genetic trigger. There are, for example, entire Ages where no one can channel at all.

i.e our age....  :mellow:

:aessedai: EGWENE AL'VERE, THE FLAME OF TAR VALON, THE AMYRLIN SEAT :aessedai:

#47 Finnssss

Finnssss
  • Members
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

I was thinking about this the other day at random and what if no one being able to channel has nothing to do with the people themselves but a product of the entire world being one great Steading that slowly recedes through the ages only to come full again?

Random thoughts.

Edited by Finnssss, 28 January 2013 - 07:45 PM.

"Also, you can all go rot in a flaming pit of fire and ashes, you unwashed lumps on a pig's backside. Have a grand bloody day."
-First Prince of the Ravens

"I know too much now, but too little then. You could say I was hanged for knowledge."
- Mat "I am no bloody Lord" Cauthon