DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Book 10, Crossroads.

chris777

Hope I'm not annoying anyone by posting about each book i'm reading.  I did skip about 3books tho...anyways.  Just into the prologue so far, finished Book9 2days ago.

Lots happening though.  War with Seanchan, war within the Black AND White towers.  War with the forsaken, altho they haven't yet mentioned their status after the clensing of saiden.  Nor did Logain or anyone mention the clean Saidin now, so the prologue's diologue was maybe prior to the clensing, or much after when it wasn't such a big deal?  Anyways, I like Logain...i hate Taim.  I hope they battle eachother for the right to be Rand's 2nd. =)

More to come.

I recall several sites that give a timeline of the events in the books.

I am not sure if any of them are 'spoiler free'.

We'll I'm not just quoting events that happen.  I'm posting my comments on such events.  To get a rise or reply from various people here.  As well as to come back later and read to see if any of my predictions were correct, or how silly my thoughts were.

I said this before and I'll say it again.  The end of Book8, Egwene and her whole army went through a gateway into Tar Valon.  And in book9 there was absolutely no mention of it.  And book10 so far the Tower isn't even aware of it, nor are they aware that the rebels can Travel.  I'm confused as to how the tower wouldn't immediately know a huge army stood outside their door?  And whether they knew or not, why that army wouldn't begin the assault or at least send an emissary to give an ultimatum to war.

Did i miss something?

The last chapter of PoD where Egwene leads her army through the gateway to Tar Valon takes place when Cadsuane and Alanna go to meet Rand in Far Madding in WH. During WH there's that whole chapter where Elayne is talking with Egwene in T'A'R and Egwene mentions they're still getting ready for their move on Tar Valon. So WH ends well into the seige of Tar Valon.

CoT picks up back about half way through WH. Egwene has only JUST appeared, out of the blue, in front of Tar Valon. About HALF this book, CoT, takes place before and during the Cleansing of Saidin. Which you'll realize very soon. Basically you're about to find out what everyone else was doing during that event.

WH and COT seriously messes up the timeline. The siege of Tar Valon is one of the trickiest parts, as TPOD can give the impression that Egwene takes the army to Tar Valon almost immidiatly after the declaration of war, where in reality it took a month.

Well, Stephen Coopers timeline is pretty much accepted as correct, but it would be extremely difficult to read it without stumbling upon at least a few spoilers.

Exactly why I post threads like this, instead of researching my own thoughts.  I've done that with other books, and been spoiled by simply looking at the name of forum threads...so i just post my own.  I'll look through the other topics once i'm caught up! =)

So Mat finally meets his future wife, who sounds like a B****!  Wonder why he has to marry her?  I always kind of thought that the Daughter of the Nine moons was a term for the position, heir to the Throne.  So if she 'died', and someone else became Heir to the throne, they would hold that position, and Mat would marry them.  Doesn't seem likely now. =/  Hopefully some character change happenswith her, or we learn that she's not a stuckup noble B after all!

I'm assuming we find out soon, but this thing the wolves are so scared of.  Probably that Luc guy?  Forget what they call him? WolfKiller!  Or was it the darkhounds?  I hope Perrin or Elays kicks the crap out of that wolfkiller guy.  He is Lan's brother right?  Has some weird adaptibility to dreamworld...

**EDIT:  It is darkhounds, as they are killed and captured souls of wolves**

I just wanna know what it's like channeling Saidin now w/out the taint!  When do we start hearing about that?  I'm almost half way through the book now, i assume soon.

Logain going to War, but war w/who they didn't say.  My guess is the other half of the black tower.  And he's going to recruit Aes Sedai to help him?  I dunno.

I love these DeathGaurd fellows.  So loyal.  And Seekers..pretty much the same as Whiteclock inquisitors.  I wanna see these guys matchup.  1on1  

Not sure if you got to the following part yet, but I am covering it with a block so that you would not get accidentally spoiled.

[glow=red,2,300]Cleansing of saidin, it was mentioned in this book in some POVs of the Aes Sedia that participated.[/glow]

Here is the link to the mentioned timeline:

http://www.stevenac.net/wot/wotchron.htm

I wouldn't say thats covered with a block=)  Just blurry red text.  Anyways not really a spoiler, I figured as much.  Thanks for the link though.  I glanced at it, but afraid to read anything because i might see a spoiler.

One thing I wonder.  Why don't the Asha`man group just go WRECK the seanchan.  They could just go fullforce at the seanchan and destroy them utterly.  I can kind of understand why they don't...too many of their own casualities, too many other enemies to worry about etc...but still.  Stupid Seanchan.

Ashaman vs Seanchan, that was in Path of Daggers (book 8).

The wolf killer, the wolves call him Slayer.  He has two parts:: Luc (Rand's/Galad's uncle) and Isam (Lan's cousin).

His main scenes were back in Shadow Rising (book 4).  If I remember correctly, he was last seen in Winter's Heart.

About the timeline, focusing on the column with the chapter numbers might help prevent spoilers.  Abbreviations of book titles would appear in that column whenever the events are outside of their main chronology.

So Mat finally meets his future wife, who sounds like a B****!  Wonder why he has to marry her?

Major arc in the story.  Still hasn't been completely answered

I always kind of thought that the Daughter of the Nine moons was a term for the position, heir to the Throne.  So if she 'died', and someone else became Heir to the throne, they would hold that position, and Mat would marry them.  Doesn't seem likely now. =/  Hopefully some character change happenswith her, or we learn that she's not a stuckup noble B after all!
Have you considered where Tuon is from and who she's related to.  If not, keep going and it'll all come clear

And Seekers..pretty much the same as Whiteclock inquisitors.  I wanna see these guys matchup.

Seekers may be best described as clandestine or secret service.  Inquisitor's are simply heretical and radical torturers.
One thing I wonder.  Why don't the Asha`man group just go WRECK the seanchan.  They could just go fullforce at the seanchan and destroy them utterly.  I can kind of understand why they don't...too many of their own casualities, too many other enemies to worry about etc...but still.  Stupid Seanchan.
I don't think these feelings are uncommon at this point in the story.  I know I wanted Rand & Co to just KICK SOME...  However, with the details provided so far you should consider the discipline, organization and long long experience of the Seanchan Military and don't forget that the Damane are also very experienced and are focused solely on killing & battle.  The Ashaman are relatively new to this game!!

Have you considered where Tuon is from and who she's related to.  If not, keep going and it'll all come clear

I don't know where she's from, other then Seanchan?  She is the daughter of the current Queen of the Seanchan?  Is that what you mean?  Or the fact that all of the 'blood' or related to Hawkwing?

I don't think these feelings are uncommon at this point in the story.  I know I wanted Rand & Co to just KICK SOME...  However, with the details provided so far you should consider the discipline, organization and long long experience of the Seanchan Military and don't forget that the Damane are also very experienced and are focused solely on killing & battle.  The Ashaman are relatively new to this game!!

Difference is men are much stronger in the power then women.  So an army of inexperienced men vs experienced women, even so i see Men having the advantage.  And that's because the women are just TOOLS of destruction.  Women are better at the more meticulous things then Men, but that doesn't included blowing shit up and wartime etc...Men are just inherently better.  Doesn't mean there aren't some women who kick ass(Lanfear!), but on average, men>women at battle.

Archived