DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Yes, the White Tower Div site is down

Sirayn

You have a tech person? with the proper info?

I can tell you how to fix it temporarily but someone has to have access to the vdeck/cpanel and I don't remember the password to get in myself.

Mat

Our DL is away on holiday and to the best of my knowledge, our tech admin has resigned. Hence why we were thrown by the situation. Luckily, the site has either spontaneously recovered, our arcane sacrifices appeased the spirits, or an angel is looking out for us somewhere. :D

That particular error when it comes up means that there are too many "people" requesting access to the database. So when it clears up (usually with in an hour or so) when ppl stop checking regularly and/or the spammers stop spamming whatever they were doing, it'll come back up.

Most ISP set a limit on the mysql quieries by one specific user. As the main site wasn't down (I don't think), that means there was nothing wrong with the DB. Just the message board "user" that access the database.

The easiest way for someone to make that problem go away if you can't wait for it to come back up is to change database users. But if the problem existed say because a spam bot was creating accounts excessivly in a row, it won't stop that.

I don't know what caused that particular down time, but if you've not reached it before on the site, my biggest guess is someone is spamming something.

Mat

Guest Sandrilene fa Toren

It seems to be down again I think... At least it won't let me sign in to check my messages or look at the board or anything.