Photo

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
8570 replies to this topic

#8561 Sabio

Sabio
  • Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

But to the whitecloaks, she went to the tower.  Hence she was a witch, they don't care about channeling ability.  They have no idea if Morgase is a strong or weak channeler. 

Edited by Sabio, 11 October 2015 - 04:11 PM.

#8562 DemandredFO

DemandredFO
  • Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:40 PM

All daughter-heirs train in the tower so whether her or Morgase, they're both witches

come visit my blog anunseenstory.blogspot.com.  I hope you like it.

#8563 jack of shadows

jack of shadows
  • Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:17 PM

you two have got a point here.

#8564 mb

mb
  • Members
  • 5,536 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:32 PM

some chance of Tigraine being an exception.  she fled to the Waste.

unrelated::

since Mesaana's mind that of a child, does she remember/know anything from before/during the telaranrhiod fight?

how is it that Mat and his companions survived Hinderstamp?

Matthew 28:19-20
I Kings 18:21
Romans 1:16
Philippians 4:6-7

#8565 daimonion

daimonion
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:55 AM

Strike that. Just saw the "no amol spoilers"

Edited by daimonion, 14 October 2015 - 03:06 AM.

#8566 mb

mb
  • Members
  • 5,536 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:06 PM

gotten an email of the original state of your post.

What are those thunderclouds that appear at the beginning of a gathering storm? Who/what controls them, and what do they do? Yes, I need to get spoiled on that one.

those questions seem ok in this thread.  the staff of this forum seem to consider Gathering Storm before Memory of Light.

what are they?  not entirely sure, but they seem to relate to the odd weather throughout this series.

who/what controls them?  I would say the Dark One.

what do they do?  for sure darken the sky; and maybe also the mood of various characters.

#8567 Orderofolde

Orderofolde
  • Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:32 PM

gotten an email of the original state of your post.

What are those thunderclouds that appear at the beginning of a gathering storm? Who/what controls them, and what do they do? Yes, I need to get spoiled on that one.

those questions seem ok in this thread.  the staff of this forum seem to consider Gathering Storm before Memory of Light.

what are they?  not entirely sure, but they seem to relate to the odd weather throughout this series.

who/what controls them?  I would say the Dark One.

what do they do?  for sure darken the sky; and maybe also the mood of various characters.

Pretty much this.  It darkens the mood, aids the DO in messing with the weather and preventing crops from growing.  Overall it is a physical representation of everything coming to a head, blackest of black clouds tangling with white/silver.  Close one moment, distant the next, and back again.  The tottering scales with Light on one side, and the Shadow on the other.

Sun is gone, Leaves are gone, Grass is gone, memory fades.

#8568 mb

mb
  • Members
  • 5,536 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:40 PM

my last questions repeated::

since Mesaana's mind that of a child, does she remember/know anything from before/during the telaranrhiod fight?

another question::

the dreamspike at Perrin's camp; was it destroyed or did it return to waking world?  if return, where?

#8569 Cosmic Champion

Cosmic Champion

The Dragon Reborn's Bannerman

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

the dreamspike at Perrin's camp; was it destroyed or did it return to waking world?  if return, where?

The dreamspike-

As Slayer advanced on him, Perrin gritted his teeth and hurled the ter’angreal into the river of lava.

“No!” Slayer screamed, reality returning around him. The nightmare burst, its last vestiges vanishing. Perrin was left kneeling on the cold tiled floor of a small hallway.

A short distance to his right, a melted lump of metal lay on the ground. Perrin smiled.

Like Slayer, the ter’angreal was here from the real world. And like a person, it could be broken and destroyed here. Above them, the violet dome had vanished.

From this passage in the book, it was destroyed and ended up in Tar Valon as a useless lump of metal. That is how I read that.

As for Mat surviving Hinderstamp, I am not sure that I understand just what you are asking here?

They just basically fought there way out of there, with of course Mat's luck being a major factor in it.

You are here too strongly! You will die, Young Bull!

If I do not find the falcon, I do not care, brother.

Then we hunt, brother.

Noses to the wind, the two wolves ran across the plain, seeking the falcon.

#8570 mb

mb
  • Members
  • 5,536 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:54 PM

rephrased::  how come they did not end up as new residents?

Hinderstamp visitors that do not survive seem to end up as new residents.

#8571 Orderofolde

Orderofolde
  • Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:31 PM

my last questions repeated::

Mesaana's mind has been traumatized to the point of breaking, like that of the Ogier that survived Machin Shin in the Ways.  The body lives, but no one is home any longer.  You can't even really compare it to a child as they have the capacity to learn, she doesn't.  She was drooling and cooing, and soiling herself last we saw.  Maybe not that last part, but it was a comparison from the Aiel Wiseone.  

Mat and his companions managed to escape Hinderstap.  They went back in the morning after the servants they took captive vanished and learned that the town was caught in some sort of pattern loop.

Sun is gone, Leaves are gone, Grass is gone, memory fades.