Photo

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
8533 replies to this topic

#8521 Sabio

Sabio
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

I took the figure to be Moridin, I don't remember reading Moridin sending Isam to kill her.  I might be wrong.

#8522 Barid Bel Medar

Barid Bel Medar

WoT Discussion Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

I'm not aware of any statement about slayer, do you remember where it was? 

As it is, I use this: 

INTERVIEW: Oct 9th, 1996 ERICA SADUN
What was going on in Aelfland when Mat went round and round and round the same location? Were they traveling in time?
ROBERT JORDAN
Not traveling in time. The physical laws of nature differ. Mentioning the Dark One [in Randland] is bad luck. In Aelfland, it is *REALLY* bad. You cannot go to Aelfland in Tel'aran'rhiod (similar to stedding).
The applicable in bold. 
There are also signs in aMoL, but this topic is reserved for non-aMoL spoiler questions. 

what in the bloody flaming Light is Barm?!?! -wotfan4472

#8523 BFG

BFG

Wheel of Time Discussion Board Mod

• DM - Staff
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

To get Lanfear out of there, I think that the Dark One sent Morridin to the land of the Finns to kill her. Since the Dark One is Lord of the Grave he could then take her soul and give her a new body. I think this would also be, in the eyes of the DO, a good punishment for her failure to convert Rand, she loses her beauty.

Almost. Luc/Isam was sent.

It most likely was Moridin, not Slayer. Despite what it looks like, you can't enter the TG from T'A'R as per RJ, so Slayer didn't really go in there - he just jumped away from Perrin in tSR.

I know Slayer didn't go into the Tower, but didn't Hopper get all anxious when Perrin was near the Tower? I thought that entering in TAR was a really, really bad idea but still possible?

Banded to AJ

Hello to Jason Isaacs

#8524 Barid Bel Medar

Barid Bel Medar

WoT Discussion Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

It was certainly strange. Both Birgitte and Hopper seemed to act as if it were possible, however, it may be anxiety of the Tower in general. I doubt Hopper would know if it were possible to enter the Tower via TAR, I don't think wolves go near it, nor go through it (admittedly, I don't know, but I find it hard to believe wolves going through to the Finns and getting answers/wishes). 

Birgitte's caution is also justified. She remembers going through and how dangerous it is in general. She may have just been warning him not to explore the Tower any further (which may lead him to enter in the real world). 

At least, that's what I suppose in any case. Unless RJ had made a mistake or the transcription of the interview is wrong, it does seem strange. 

what in the bloody flaming Light is Barm?!?! -wotfan4472

#8525 BFG

BFG

Wheel of Time Discussion Board Mod

• DM - Staff
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

Makes sense, I still don't know the interviews very well.

Banded to AJ

Hello to Jason Isaacs

#8526 damandred

damandred
  • Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

Does anyone know who Silvie is, the crone Egwene meets in the heart of the stone in tDR.
Is it Lanfear?

Edited by damandred, 11 February 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#8527 Suttree

Suttree
  • Members
  • 9,734 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

Does anyone know who Silvie is, the crone Egwene meets in the heart of the stone in tDR.
Is it Lanfear?

Correct.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge, exists without my consent" - Judge Holden

#8528 damandred

damandred
  • Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

Is it Lanfear?

Correct.

Ah thought so, wasnt sure though. Thanks.

#8529 Durinax

Durinax
  • DM - Staff
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

is Bayle Domon a simple base born sailor? or does he have a hidden past. My allegations are based on the fact that he is completely comfortable with talking to nobility (especially Seanchan whom he had no idea who they where), is an able speaking coach (to Shipless), can identify cuenduellar with a short look at it NOT to mention that he identified it (accurately) as a seal. Just a bit of idle speculation while I was at work
Has discovered the true name of Shai'tan, his true name is. . . Eric Cartman

it is not titles that honour men, its men that honour titles

Posted Image

#8530 Mat's Spare Hat

Mat's Spare Hat
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

Bayle Domon just a simple man who grew up an orphan, on the mean streets, until taken in, and raised further in the company of other like individuals, playing upon the masquerade of being in the service of a particular deity, while in reality, becoming a quirky troupe of highly skilled thieves under the tutelage of er uh...ahem  *cough

Because, er..smugglers gotta smugg..le?

Go Light?

#8531 Suttree

Suttree
  • Members
  • 9,734 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

:laugh:

"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge, exists without my consent" - Judge Holden

#8532 mb

mb
  • Members
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

At the Black Tower, a number of Aes Sedia and Ashamen were forced to the Shadow.

the Aes Sedia, which happened?

-they still bound to the 3 Oaths

-they bound to different oaths

-they not bound to any oaths

the Ashamen, was taint-caused madness removed or did the madness remain?

Matthew 28:19-20
I Kings 18:21
Romans 1:16
Philippians 4:6-7

#8533 Durinax

Durinax
  • DM - Staff
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

At the Black Tower, a number of Aes Sedia and Ashamen were forced to the Shadow.

the Aes Sedia, which happened?
-they still bound to the 3 Oaths
-they bound to different oaths
-they not bound to any oaths

the Ashamen, was taint-caused madness removed or did the madness remain?

Taint madness was probably still there, Nyn is the only one who can remove it among mortals (along with whoever she teaches).

The AS would have to remove old oaths. New oaths unknown if their the binding type, since we don't know the methods for channellers to pledge to the DO
Has discovered the true name of Shai'tan, his true name is. . . Eric Cartman

it is not titles that honour men, its men that honour titles

Posted Image

#8534 Sabio

Sabio
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

Guess depending on how forcing someone to the DO affects the person, its possible those forced to the DO had no need to take any oaths since being forced to the DO there is no chance of them betraying the DO like there wuld be if you willingly went to the DO.  But its possible they might og had to take the oaths the Black Ajah takes.