DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

the exact words were these::

"Mesaana has fallen," Shaidar Haran whispered. "Three Chosen, destroyed by your actions. The design builds, a lattice of failure, a framework of incompetence."

emphasis mine.

Mesaana I take still lives.  if death, "died" & "killed" I take would have replaced "fallen" & "destroyed"; respectively.  and if death, I take it would have been revealed in Egwene's & Gawyn's discussion right after the fight.

• 1 year later...

Why take chances, for one its intimidating and another is there is no way to betray the others.  Verin did say darkfriends can betray each other and even turn against the chosen if they can justify it.  Moggy simply took no chances and also is there a circle of silence weave?  With that there is a risk of the circle being off and someone hearing.  Moghy way there is no way any of the BA there could betray anyone if captured, another forsaken grabs them, or they decide to grab power.  I think she was just being extra cautious. 

I m sure you miss one fact in this case!  The BA can see, how Moggy speaked with their sisters, and it s possible that 1 or more of waiting BA have the skill-reading by lips. If Moggy "extra cautious", she must take it into consideration and to realize more defense than gagged mouths and ears of Lia&co

Edited by 0rion2

When speaking with Galad (Towers of Midnight Prologue), Asunawa claimed that Galad "drew on the powers of the Shadow" in the fight against Valda.  what exactly did Asunawa mean by that comment?

and in the same sentence, Asunawa claimed that Galad stood "in darkness despite the daylight" and that the Dragon's Fang sprouted from Galad's forehead.  did Asunawa really see those things or were those comments Asunawa convincing himself?

obviously Asunawa hated Galad.  what brought about that hatred?

Becuase the theory was if you won you are the one in the light.  So for Asuawa then has to mean Galad cheated.  My guess is Asuawa didn't really see those things, but were lies to try and get others that were around on his side.  I think there were a few reasons why he hated Galad so much.  Galad's mom was a Tar Valon witch, he killed Valda, and took a large  portion of the children with him.  I am pretty positive when Valda died Asuawa was going to try and assume command of the children. 

Edited by Sabio

some chance of Tigraine being an exception.  she fled to the Waste.

unrelated::

since Mesaana's mind that of a child, does she remember/know anything from before/during the telaranrhiod fight?

how is it that Mat and his companions survived Hinderstamp?

gotten an email of the original state of your post.

What are those thunderclouds that appear at the beginning of a gathering storm? Who/what controls them, and what do they do? Yes, I need to get spoiled on that one.

those questions seem ok in this thread.  the staff of this forum seem to consider Gathering Storm before Memory of Light.

what are they?  not entirely sure, but they seem to relate to the odd weather throughout this series.

who/what controls them?  I would say the Dark One.

what do they do?  for sure darken the sky; and maybe also the mood of various characters.

gotten an email of the original state of your post.

What are those thunderclouds that appear at the beginning of a gathering storm? Who/what controls them, and what do they do? Yes, I need to get spoiled on that one.

those questions seem ok in this thread.  the staff of this forum seem to consider Gathering Storm before Memory of Light.

what are they?  not entirely sure, but they seem to relate to the odd weather throughout this series.

who/what controls them?  I would say the Dark One.

what do they do?  for sure darken the sky; and maybe also the mood of various characters.

Pretty much this.  It darkens the mood, aids the DO in messing with the weather and preventing crops from growing.  Overall it is a physical representation of everything coming to a head, blackest of black clouds tangling with white/silver.  Close one moment, distant the next, and back again.  The tottering scales with Light on one side, and the Shadow on the other.

my last questions repeated::

since Mesaana's mind that of a child, does she remember/know anything from before/during the telaranrhiod fight?

another question::

the dreamspike at Perrin's camp; was it destroyed or did it return to waking world?  if return, where?

the dreamspike at Perrin's camp; was it destroyed or did it return to waking world?  if return, where?

The dreamspike-

As Slayer advanced on him, Perrin gritted his teeth and hurled the ter’angreal into the river of lava.

“No!” Slayer screamed, reality returning around him. The nightmare burst, its last vestiges vanishing. Perrin was left kneeling on the cold tiled floor of a small hallway.

A short distance to his right, a melted lump of metal lay on the ground. Perrin smiled.

Like Slayer, the ter’angreal was here from the real world. And like a person, it could be broken and destroyed here. Above them, the violet dome had vanished.

From this passage in the book, it was destroyed and ended up in Tar Valon as a useless lump of metal. That is how I read that.

As for Mat surviving Hinderstamp, I am not sure that I understand just what you are asking here?

They just basically fought there way out of there, with of course Mat's luck being a major factor in it.

my last questions repeated::

Mesaana's mind has been traumatized to the point of breaking, like that of the Ogier that survived Machin Shin in the Ways.  The body lives, but no one is home any longer.  You can't even really compare it to a child as they have the capacity to learn, she doesn't.  She was drooling and cooing, and soiling herself last we saw.  Maybe not that last part, but it was a comparison from the Aiel Wiseone.  

Mat and his companions managed to escape Hinderstap.  They went back in the morning after the servants they took captive vanished and learned that the town was caught in some sort of pattern loop.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/23/2009 at 5:08 PM, Luckers said:

We don't know. My guess is that he didn't, and that the Finns executed her--the snakes, at least, have a recorded aversion to things relating to the Shadow--but that is just conjecture.

It is highly unlikely that either got wishes, but if you want to discuss that you should create a thread in the General Wheel of Time Board. It's not really a simple question/simple answer scenario.

Cadsuane's extended life is due to her strength in the Power.

She says that she feels her determination extended her life, but thats codswallop. Her strength is what did it.

Yep  Lanfear is a belt.  Possibly with a matching purse and  moon shaped buckle attached.

Lanfear Vuitton if you will ?

To quote Australian comedic song writer Rolf Harris 

"They Tanned her hide when she died, Clyde,  And that's it hanging on the fence"  ?

Edited by Rhettles