DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

This thread is for new posters to ask specific questions about issues they are confused about. There is a thread like this in the General Board, but it seems worthwhile to have a tGS version.

The example raised in the request for this thread was:  I have been wanting to ask whether Rand is aware that Galad is his half brother? I mean I know Rand knows Rand's backstory but not sure if Rand knows Galads. Not really worth a thread though.

Go.

Did Rand ever tell anyone specifically that he used the True Power, or just 'i killed them' and then go about banishing caddy to the far reaches of his peripheral?

As far as is stated, no, he never told anyone. And I doubt he ever would.

Min might know if she was conscious and processed Semi's reaction.

AS in general will wonder how he got loose from the Domination Band.

But he didn't explicitly discuss it onscreen.

Rand also asked Dyelin and other Andor noblewomen carefully about his genealogy and Andor family trees because he was scared of cosanguinity to Elayne. He's shooting to give Elayne the Sun Throne because of the Damondred connection.

So, he knows about Galad, I think, unless he's failed to put it together, which is very unlikely.

Galad doesn't know about Rand. Apart from his half-aunt and a few other AS and Aiel WO (who don't know who Shael was), nobody does.

Rand also asked Dyelin and other Andor noblewomen carefully about his genealogy and Andor family trees because he was scared of cosanguinity to Elayne. He's shooting to give Elayne the Sun Throne because of the Damondred connection.

So, he knows about Galad, I think, unless he's failed to put it together, which is very unlikely.

Galad doesn't know about Rand. Apart from his half-aunt and a few other AS and Aiel WO (who don't know who Shael was), nobody does.

I agree that he likely knows about Galad, but he really couldn't care less. Galad has been nothing more than an inconsequential name in his universe thus far, though that might certainly change in ToM or MoL.

I'm curious if Rand actually KNOWS he channelled the TP and whether or not he knows what that signifies. In the books, he seemed to simply recognize it as this 'other' power source, and never really seemed to explore or even consider after the fact the ramifications of that.

Hi you Dragonmount Guru's!

nice thread this, so i'll ask away. (My second post, although i've read lots on these forums)

First question that comes to my mind is this: How did the Dark One get Lanfear of the 'Land of the Finns'?

Sure, he is the Lord of the Grave, but we kinda know Moraine isn't dead, so i think it is safe to assume Lanfear/Cyndane wasn't killed by the ter'angreal either. Does he have some power in 'Finnland'?

Anyone can shed some Light here? (I am aware i made some assumptions here: Moraine=alive and Lanfear=Cyndane, but they seem pretty safe)

Thanks,

Tom

Well, AS been wonderin' how the hell Rand al'Thor has done half the crap he's done, so I wouldn't be too worried about him being found out.

Also- in regards to Rand using the TP, does HE even know he used it??

nice thread this, so i'll ask away. (My second post, although i've read lots on these forums)

First question that comes to my mind is this: How did the Dark One get Lanfear of the 'Land of the Finns'?

Sure, he is the Lord of the Grave, but we kinda know Moraine isn't dead, so i think it is safe to assume Lanfear/Cyndane wasn't killed by the ter'angreal either. Does he have some power in 'Finnland'?

Anyone can shed some Light here? (I am aware i made some assumptions here: Moraine=alive and Lanfear=Cyndane, but they seem pretty safe)

Thanks,

Tom

Tom-

I've often wondered this, myself. My own theory on it is that Moiraine (who we all know is an evil genius when it comes to cleverly out-manipulating others) actually used the Finn's game of wishes and such to kill Lanfear. It's also possible that Lanfear tried to channel too much and that/the Finns killed her for it. Remember- no channeling in Finnland.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom-

I've often wondered this, myself. My own theory on it is that Moiraine (who we all know is an evil genius when it comes to cleverly out-manipulating others) actually used the Finn's game of wishes and such to kill Lanfear. It's also possible that Lanfear tried to channel too much and that/the Finns killed her for it. Remember- no channeling in Finnland.

I agree with this and expand,  I think the Finns had held her soul captive, and the DO took it from them, which is what caused a tear since he stole it from someone who already had it but it wasn't destroyed. (Mashadar)  Which is why she is weaker in Cyndane from, although not a lot.

Did Rand ever tell anyone specifically that he used the True Power, or just 'i killed them' and then go about banishing caddy to the far reaches of his peripheral?

LTT obviously knew what the True Power was, and mentioned it a bit amongst the ramblings when Rand used it against Semi and Elza, as well as a few other times I believe when Rand was wrestling between it and the CK.

So Rand should have been able to guess that it was -something- other than the One Power from LTT's ramblings, but if he didn't, depending on the extent of what he knows of LTT's memories after his 'love is the answer' epiphany on the Dragonmount, he should know from that.  But aside from that, I doubt that anyone's sat down with him and told him "What you used is the TP, this is what it does", since the only people who would know are the Forsaken.

Rand is very self-aware even as RaT as Nynaeve is surprised to discover. He must know that it's the "so-called True Power" - he even refers to it when he sees the face of Moridin. Plus LTT's horror was very clearly expressed - death, betrayal, HIM. So Rand knows it's the TP, he knows that LTT was willing to be tortured viciously and to murder Min, rather than use TP. He must suspect that it has a downside since he's never drawn it again.

According to the prophecy, Rand will be marked twice to live, and twice to die.  Since getting his hand cut off removed one of the marks, can this indicate that Rand is no longer marked to die?

No. Marking is an indicator that it will happen, not a direct cause or anything in anyway like it. And it is only partially gone anyway.

Still would like to know how many sisters are nameable in the WT at present, out of the hundreds that are there. But here is another question which must have been answered before -

Is it possible Caddy has lived longer as she somehow took less oaths than the other AS?

For what it's worth, Egwene has a string of overlapping lists of AS in the tower, outside, captured by the Seanchan, run away, executed by her, etc.

With Cadsuane, her PoV etc, suggests that she has taken the three oaths, but she is also far stronger in the power than any other woman in the tower until the Supergirls landed up. Maybe her extra strength gives her a longer life? 

Still would like to know how many sisters are nameable in the WT at present, out of the hundreds that are there. But here is another question which must have been answered before -

Is it possible Caddy has lived longer as she somehow took less oaths than the other AS?

For what it's worth, Egwene has a string of overlapping lists of AS in the tower, outside, captured by the Seanchan, run away, executed by her, etc.

With Cadsuane, her PoV etc, suggests that she has taken the three oaths, but she is also far stronger in the power than any other woman in the tower until the Supergirls landed up. Maybe her extra strength gives her a longer life?   

Maybe its one of her ter'angreal?  ;)

Maybe its one of her ter'angreal?  ;)

Could well be - there are several she doesn't know the use of.

When Tam is talking to Rand, he mentions that Morgase is alive and with Perrin.  I don't recall reading about Perrin finding this out.  Am I missing something or was there just absolutely no set up for that particular revelation?  I was really curious to find out what would happen if/when Perrin found out about Morgase and it was treated in a very cavalier fashion.  I think that disappointed me more than anything else.  Except maybe Rand's little mountaintop love-fest.