DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Want to role play at the White Tower, but have questions? Ask here :)

Elgee

Various topics that should answer some of your questions:

Biographies Board - Just about everything you need to know to make a Bio:

ALL READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

Some handy info right here on this board:

Information about the WT - please read this first :)

A few tips on RPing, grammar and punctuation

You have read all those, but still have questions? Fire away here - the Staff are always eager and willing to help out. ;D

Edited by Elgee

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Can you roleplay in threads at the same time? Say you are RPing something (a tea) with one person, and you want to RP something else (a prank) with someone else, but say they both happen at the same time (say 2pm on Saturday) Can you do both, if the two stories don't interfere with each other (ie, the prank is not at the tea or done to anyone involved in the tea).

Lol ... interesting question, Kathleen  :D

Well, that's never occurred as far as I know. People don't generally specify so closely what time the event they're RPing about occurs. I suppose because WoT weeks are 10 days long, and aren't named Monday to Friday. The times are also called differently (1 candle mark, instead of an hour; first bell instead of 6am, or whatever). We don't even know how many "hours" there are in a WoT day. All of that makes it sort of difficult to be specific about times  ;)

About the best answer I can give is: don't make a point of the fact (ie deliberately set it up so it's clear) that your character is in two places at the same time - that would just be silly.

Hello Kathleen.

Here at the DM RP side, your novice will be shifted into retro time (ie.  before mainplot timeline.)

Thus the time at which you will be rping your novice in whatever particular thread will be up to the concensus of the people participating.  Most of the time we don't bother specifying.

You can have two threads going on at the same time OOCly, because it does not affect the time ICly.

• 2 months later...

Can we have a list of ajah heads and contact info listed somplace on the message boards?  The website is a good place but I think it's a bit out of date.

I specifically need contact info for green and yellow ooc heads.  Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I'm a little confused as to how the whole RP in retro thing works. For example, lets say that while you're a novice/accepted you have your character RP with someone else's character, and establish a friendship of some kind. Then when the two of you become AS one of you decides to be a newly raised AS and the other decides to be 200 or so. How could the two of you have been novices/accepted together?

That is a *very* good question. I was wondering the same thing last night.

Which is why Bennu is going to be 120 years old too, right? :unsure:

I was thinking about that last night too... we planned things together with Elin and Bennu, but I put Elin's age without talking to you.:blush:

Sorry about that. :blush:

Which is why I put up a post about Retro in the N&A board, but I'll repost here:

Time line. All Novice and Accepted RPs are done in Retro. That means that all your RPs take place long before the current Time Line of the PSW. Please bear this in mind when planning RPs, especially with full ranking characters (Aes Sedai) or members of other Divisions (who mostly do NOT RP in Retro). Certain things will not be known about or have happened yet in Retro, like Forkroot, the Dragon being reborn, the Black Tower, etc.

I know that's incredibly confusing since 1 novice might make her character 200 years old once she's raised to AS in character, and another might make hers only 60, even though they RPed pranks and classes together as N&A. To simplify things, just act like Retro is Vegas. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas :wink:

It's preferable to work these things out beforehand so your characters are roughly the same age, but it's almost impossible to always do that, hence the Vegas Effect.

Usually it's not that big a deal, since you tend to go your own ways once raised. However, in a situation like Chucky and Phelix's, where you are planning your path as AS together, you will have to talk to each other and compromise on an age that is acceptable to both of you.

That is a *very* good question. I was wondering the same thing last night.

Which is why Bennu is going to be 120 years old too, right? :unsure:

I was thinking about that last night too... we planned things together with Elin and Bennu, but I put Elin's age without talking to you.:blush:

Sorry about that. :blush:

No, no, that's *exactly* why I was asking that. Bennu and Elin will be around the same age, yes, but I was wondering where that put us encountering, say, Nanna (who is Salidaran) in the libraries 'way back when'. Do we say that was *another* novice we worked with, or...? Do we know her after we're raised, or....

I now have Doctor Who in my head muttering about 'timey-wimey' things.

Edited by Chikara