DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's Going on at the Black Tower? (Full Spoilers)

Luckers

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it would b e coo to see how things work there... did he ever say if we would see Shara?

I know for a fact RJ said we would NOT see Shara. But he did say in regards to the continent of Seanchan, we wouldn't have a full plotline out of the continent, and that it would only have bits and pieces happen there(i.e. Aviendha traveling there to run away from Rand).

it would b e coo to see how things work there... did he ever say if we would see Shara?

I know for a fact RJ said we would NOT see Shara. But he did say in regards to the continent of Seanchan, we wouldn't have a full plotline out of the continent, and that it would only have bits and pieces happen there(i.e. Aviendha traveling there to run away from Rand).

What I think is closer to what he said is that "We will not see seanchan again" or something like that.

Here is what Robert Jordan said::

I have no plans to send Rand to Shara at present

http://13depository.blogspot.com/2009/03/rjs-blog-posts-pre-knife-of-dreams.html

Do you know the quote about Seanchan?

Found it some other day.

Here it is::

There are no plans to visit Seanchan in any greater extent than it already has been visited, and there are not going to be any visits to Shara either.

http://13depository.blogspot.com/2009/03/plots-characters-and-wheel-of-time.html

http://13depository.blogspot.com/2009/03/rjs-blog-posts-pre-knife-of-dreams.html

Found it some other day.

There are no plans to visit Seanchan in any greater extent than it already has been visited, and there are not going to be any visits to Shara either.

http://13depository.blogspot.com/2009/03/plots-characters-and-wheel-of-time.html

So if we Seanchan again, it will only be in flashes, and not in a solid plotline. So we may get to actually see the Towers of Midnight, but nothing more that a visit, and that probably brief.

Found it some other day.

So if we Seanchan again, it will only be in flashes, and not in a solid plotline. So we may get to actually see the Towers of Midnight, but nothing more that a visit, and that probably brief.

That was pretty much what I thought. Thanks for the clarification MB and folks.

• 4 months later...

How long was Egwene captive & how many days was it since she won the WT.  I thought it was only about 2 weeks total.  The rebal AS only went to the BT a few days before the Seanchan attack.  I think that it was about the same for Perva's group.

It takes time to meet hundreds of men and learn about them.  Not only that it would take time to convince those men to let the AS bond them - unless the AS want to go against WT custom. On top of that the two groups getting to the WT at about the same time will probably cause a couple days delay while they hash out their differences.  What about the Bonded AS that they find there?  I think that in the beggining of ToM we will be getting a view of some of the goings on.  I am really anxious to see Perva's group again and it ticks me off that she did not use the OR to test everyone that went first!

Egwene spent close to two months in captivity and TGS ends on Day 2 after she's freed.

As to the BT timeline, this is the sequence.

The bonded AS (Toveine's lot) were moved out by Logain when Egwene had been about a week in captivity. 

The rebel AS received the offer to bond Ashaman from Narisha-Rand the day after the trolloc attack on Rand.

They left for the BT about 50-odd days before Egwene was released.

Pevara and Co. left for the BT around 45-50-odd days before Egwene was released.

(the rebel AS arrived before the Red delegation.)

Both sets of As have been in the BT for over 40 days - more than long enough for people to wonder what is going on since they both sets can Travel.

Egwene spent close to two months in captivity and TGS ends on Day 2 after she's freed.

As to the BT timeline, this is the sequence.

The bonded AS (Toveine's lot) were moved out by Logain when Egwene had been about a week in captivity. 

The rebel AS received the offer to bond Ashaman from Narisha-Rand the day after the trolloc attack on Rand.

They left for the BT about 50-odd days before Egwene was released.

Pevara and Co. left for the BT around 45-50-odd days before Egwene was released.

(the rebel AS arrived before the Red delegation.)

Both sets of As have been in the BT for over 40 days - more than long enough for people to wonder what is going on since they both sets can Travel.

I dont think that the tower AS could travel, that was still a closely held secret

Deffo the sisters gone to the Black Tower have been turned. It's been foreshadowed since Eggy's trip through the rings for Accepted, and this is the best possible spot for it.Imagine the chapter!! Ooooh!! What's the bets Lan goes a bit berserk when Myrelle's turned? It'd have to have some kind of an effect on him.

just a comment on something from near the very beginning of this thread. Someone bought up taim being demi again. I think this is very unlikely as the forsaken never seem to work together in a close proximity to each other. Thus  the fact that osan'gar was at the BT as Darshiva rules out demi being taim.

also  in regards to the AS being turned by taim and his boys    thats not possible UNLESS Alviarin and the other BA are there....men cant link together and it takes 13 channelers  going thru 13 mydraal to turn one person    and i would expect it would be exhausting just to do one. so at best it would take a fair amount of time.

I know that it was over two months since the Asha'men visited the Rebal camp & gave them permission to bond Asha'man Warders.    But do we have any clear timeline on how long it took the Rebals to agree on who would go & when they actually left.

The same for the WT Reds, Did they leave before or after Egwene's first dinner appearance or after?  How long total have they been gone?

Is there anything that shows both timelines?  It seems to me that the Rebal group would have gotten there first, but since the guards at the front did not mention the previous group, it is odd.  The BT guards are not part of Taim's group, so I would think that if the Rebal group had already arrived, those guards would mentioned "Another group of AS, we haven't even finished with the last group" or something like that.   

I know that it was over two months since the Asha'men visited the Rebal camp & gave them permission to bond Asha'man Warders.    But do we have any clear timeline on how long it took the Rebals to agree on who would go & when they actually left.

The same for the WT Reds, Did they leave before or after Egwene's first dinner appearance or after?  How long total have they been gone?

Is there anything that shows both timelines?  It seems to me that the Rebal group would have gotten there first, but since the guards at the front did not mention the previous group, it is odd.  The BT guards are not part of Taim's group, so I would think that if the Rebal group had already arrived, those guards would mentioned "Another group of AS, we haven't even finished with the last group" or something like that.   

could just be the waryness why they didnt say that. a quick question didnt elaida get tarna to swear not to reveal traveling to anyone except who she said she could, and tarna wouldnt have gone and told elaida about this so she couldnt have gotten permission

The same for the WT Reds, Did they leave before or after Egwene's first dinner appearance or after?   How long total have they been gone?

Is there anything that shows both timelines?   It seems to me that the Rebal group would have gotten there first, but since the guards at the front did not mention the previous group, it is odd.   The BT guards are not part of Taim's group, so I would think that if the Rebal group had already arrived, those guards would mentioned "Another group of AS, we haven't even finished with the last group" or something like that.     

Taim clobbered one of his favourites who almost revealed that the Rebels had already arriv ed.

So the Rebels had indeed arrived.

The guards at the gate may not even know that another lot of AS have arrived, and they were not very friendly anyway. For some reason Ashaman don't trust AS. I wonder why?

could just be the waryness why they didnt say that. a quick question didnt elaida get tarna to swear not to reveal traveling to anyone except who she said she could, and tarna wouldnt have gone and told elaida about this so she couldnt have gotten permission

Actually, Elida made Bowien (sp) swear not to teach anyone.      She did no put any restriction on Tarna (that we saw)

Taim clobbered one of his favourites who almost revealed that the Rebels had already arriv ed.

So the Rebels had indeed arrived.

The guards at the gate may not even know that another lot of AS have arrived, and they were not very friendly anyway. For some reason Ashaman don't trust AS. I wonder why?

Mishrialle was clobbered because of his smart mouth - saying something like "Why should an Asha'man let an AS bond him?"  Not the first time Mishrealle was mouthy and got clobbered for it - I think.    Of course I may be confusing him with a different mouthy Asha'man.

From what we see of the BT it does not appear that Taim's group pulls the Main BT guard duty.    This duty appears to be dumped on Logain's Group and the Neutrals.    So surely the current guards would have known about the Rebal AS already arriving.    They did not seem to know anything in that realm.  And they were mostly friendly with the Red's before they started about "No children or insane Asha'men"

Archived