DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Wheel of Time' vs 'Song of Ice and Fire' (release dates)

mb

This thread is to speculate the release dates the remaining books of both series.

Wheel of Time has these books left:

-Towers of Midnight (book 13)

-Memory of Light (book 14)

-maybe the 2nd & 3rd prequels

-maybe 3 Outriggers

Song of Ice and Fire has these books left::

-Dance with Dragons (book 5)

-Winds of Winter (book 6)

-Dream of Spring (book 7)

-Mystery Knight (3rd of Tales of Dunk and Egg)

Not sure if there are other planned books for that series.

It seems certain to me that Sanderson would finish the main Wheel of Time books before George Martin finishes the main books of Song of Ice and Fire.

If the prequels or the outriggers will be done, Song of Ice and Fire might be done first.  If both sets will be done (with one set being written after the other set), Song of Ice and Fire being done first would be more probable than if only one of the sets is done.

If Dance with Dragons is released before Towers of Midnight, there might be a chance of Winds of Winter being released between Towers of Midnight & Memory of Light.

Each of the 3 might be released might be released before the prequels or outriggers are even started; regardless of when Dance with Dragons is released.

Those things I am not entirely certain.

Wikipedia tells that Mystery Knight would be revealed in 2010.

Don't forget ... A Time For Wolves ...we know that ones definitely back on the agenda.

Did not find that book in the planned list.

Looked in these sites::

-Tower of the Hand

-Wikipedia (song of ice and fire pages)

-author's site

May I ask what are the current books released for Song of Ice and Fire?

Main books::

-Game of Thrones (book 1)

-Clash of Kings (book 2)

-Storm of Swords (book 3)

-Feast for Crows (book 4)

Supplemental books::

-Blood of Dragon (about Daenerys, chronologically in period of Game of Thrones)

-Path of Dragon (about Daenerys, chronologically in period of Storm of Swords)

-Arms of Kraken (about Iron Islands, chronologically in period of Feast for Crows)

Tales of Dunk and Egg (supplemental series)::

-Hedge Knight (1st)

-Sworn Sword (2nd)

I read only the main books.  They seem fairly good.

Don't forget ... A Time For Wolves ...we know that ones definitely back on the agenda.

Did not find that book in the planned list.

Looked in these sites::

-Tower of the Hand

-Wikipedia (song of ice and fire pages)

-author's site

Umm...I think this thread might get locked as it is on the wrong board, but re: A Time For Wolves, I'm pretty sure that that was the old working title for the final book. Wikipedia gives Book 7 the title "A Dream of Spring", which I've heard before from other sources.

"I have been calling the final volume A Time For Wolves, but I am not happy with that title and will probably change it if I can come up with one that I like better." - http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/nonfiction/intgrrm.htm

So, the book series will be titled something like this: 1) Game of Thrones, 2) Clash of Kings, 3) A Storm of Swords, 4) A Feast of Crows, 5) A Dance of Dragons (pending), 6) The Winds of Winter (pending) 7) A Dream of Spring (pending).

(Note that A Feast of Crows was originally supposed to be twice as big, so A Dance of Dragons is in fact just volume 2 of the same novel ....That's why you get early references to the series being 6 books long, but now it's said to be 7....IF GRRM doesn't mess up again)

Archived