DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Recent Album/Singles/Song Purchases

Corki

A curious thread to see what people's latest albums or songs they have bought.

Personally, I have bought Epica's The Classical Conspiracy and Lunatica's New Shores in the last couple of weeks.

I am not really a person who buys individual songs...I much prefer owning albums and actual CDs (and probably one of the few people keeping that part of the music industry afloat).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neat thread idea, Corki! :D  Personally, I'm more of an individual song person. I usually only buy a whole album if I like almost all the songs on it. Most recently (within the past 2 weeks), I bought: Daylight by Remedy Drive, Something Beautiful by Newsboys, I Wanna Know You and He Could Be the One by Hannah Montana, and Here We Go Again by Demi Lovato. That's the most recent purchase made on my iTunes account.

Hm. Well, my music purchases are few and far between, but I did recently buy the 50th anniversary re-release of Dave Brubeck's Take 5, and just yesterday got Red's End of Silence. I'd been listening to a lot of Red via YouTube (they're a good band for Anime Music Videos), and realized I basically had the entire album on my playlist, so I might as well buy it so I can listen in the car if I want to.

And Brubeck's just classic. Good stuff, right there . . .

Like Zoph, I don't often buy music as I can't afford it. Though someone recently gave me a gift voucher, so I made a run on the CDs. I end up with 3 A State of Trance albums (two yearmixes and ASoT 2009) and Oceanlab's Sirens of the Sea Remixed. I'm well on my way to wearing them and the CD player out. :D

I shall be browsing Amazon and HMV over the next couple of days to see what CDs I want to buy myself at the end of the month on top of the book I want. You'll find out about my purchases here first! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Friday and Saturday I bought a few songs....

I bought Remedy Drive's Daylight is Coming album (well, I completed it, actually, because I already owned the single "Daylight.").

I bought/completed Demi Lovato's new album Here We Go Again (I already had the single "Here We Go Again").

I purchased "Fly Away" by the Cheetah Girls.

I purchased "Kiss the Girl" by Colbie Caillat.

I purchased "Gitchee Gitchee Goo" by Phineas and the Ferbtones

I would've bought more stuff, but I'm saving my money as much as I can, and I also ran out of time to be on the computer. :D

Well, I bought 2 albums from Amazon last week.

Firstly, I got Twilight by Erben der Schöpfung, an electro-metal group from the tiny European country of Liechtenstein. There is a hint of a dance feel to some of the songs, but I think it is a good album.

And the second alum was Angels Fall First by Nightwish.

dont really buy music, or cd's. I usually just have my wife burn me cd's, (mostly cuz I can't figure out how to do it). The last cd i bought was last november, and it was Between Raising Hell and Saving Grace from Big and Rich

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cairos

I'm a guy that likes to buy individual songs. Recently I have purchased "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey because of the new series that's coming out on tv which is "Glee."

I've been quite busy with my recent purchases. They are:

- Nemo by Nightwish, which includes several of my favourite songs)

- Nova by Atargatis

- In Control by Nemesea

Also, my mum recently bought be The Barber of Seville by Gioachino Rossini, as I am seeing the opera with Northie when we are in Prague.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just the other day I purchased 8 songs on iTunes:

-"Defying Gravity" by Idina Menzel (Defying Gravity-single)

-"Believe" by Josh Groban (from The Polar Express Soundtrack)

-"Your Guardian Angel" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (Don't You Fake It)

-"Be My Escape", "High of 75", "Let It All Out", and "Who I Am Hates Who I've Been" by Relient k (Mmhmm)

-"Heaven (Little by Little)" by Theory of a Deadman

Had a bit of a splurge at the weekend! lol! I bought the following albums/EPs:

- Tales for Bad Girls by Forever Slave

- My Destiny by Leaves' Eyes

- Lucidity by Delain (I probably paid more for this than was necessary, but it has been a nightmare to find!)

- U.F.O.s at the Zoo by The Flaming Lips (this is actually a DVD of their gig at Oklahoma City Zoo)

- End of an Era by Nightwish

EDIT: ORG points for October for this thread done up to here. Corki

EDIT: ORG points for November for this thread done up to here. Corki

• 1 month later...

Bought "Saviour" by LIGHTS last night on iTunes.  I'm pretty sure that's all I've gotten recently..

Oh, right. Day after Thanksgiving, I bought the album Coco by Colbie Caillat for $5 on Amazon.com.  Also downloaded "Beautiful Ending" by BarlowGirl and "The Lost Get Found" by Britt Nicole at the same time.

They're pretty awesome. :D

Bought "Taking Chances" and "True Colors" from the Glee soundtrack-thing, bought "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson, and I think that's all.

All from iTunes.

EDIT: ORG points for December for this thread done up to here. Corki

• 4 weeks later...

The following albums/CDs were presents received this Christmas:

- An Acoustic Night at the Theatre by Within Temptation

- Forgiven by Within Temptation

- Design Your Own Universe by Epica

I also bought myself some tango music as well for a possible mad idea for 2010!

Archived