Stranger

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Andrew

Andrew
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:14 AM

"I don't know if anyone is every ready," he said to Cari as she sat across from him with a smile. The wheel weaved as it willed and he guessed that pleasurable night years ago between them was not just for immediate satisifaction. Having their kids certainly had changed Matalina into the woman Cari and he wondered if it would have the same affect on him as well. "The issue of whether to tell them or not is not something I think that only concerns me, as would not having their natural father around affect your life or theirs?" He left the question floating there between them, as he did not know if Cari or the children had other men in her life that might not take to kindly to his presence.

He could not tell if Cari had a man in her life, at least not the way she had hugged him and kissed him, but then he did not really know Cari as he had Matalina. She had changed enough in her appearance that it could be quite possible that other changes were present, just not as easily apparent. "I can not say whether or not I'll be able to stay, as who knows what the Wheel has planned, but I'll be involved in their life as much as possible."

#22 Matalina

Matalina
  • Members
  • 6,535 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:47 AM

Cari smiled at his reguard for her current life. "Stay as long as you like and return just the same. Anyone knowing you are their father is going to change things, but they need to know who their father is. I can deal with everyone else in my life who would take you in the wrong light." Cari grinned as she stood up and walked behind him again wrapping her arms around his shoulders and laying her head on it to speak in his ear. "The only relationship that will affect others is the relationship we have, friends, lovers, a couple. Those decisions we can make later. But a father should never come into play with any of the men in my life." Cari nibbled on his ear and whispered. "And there are other men in my life."

Cari then wondered if he'd heard of Alex's death. She would not bring the topic up and there wasn't time anyway. Glen interrupted them. "Sam, it is Sam right?" Sam nodded and looked up at Glen. "I'm Glen Triad, Nathan says you will be working with us." Glen indicated Cari and himself. "Don't mind the lass too much, she flirts with everyone here." He grinnd, "Well except Liam and Franc."

Cari giggled. "No my flirting would do no good there." She smiled at Glen and moved into his arms. Glen had chosen an oppurtune time to show up, Cari really didn't want Sam thinking she wanted more than a father to mother relationship with him. She'd take more, but she wouldn't expect it.

Cari hugged Glen and sat back down in her chair. "So where are you staying tonight Sam, there are several options? The inn has lovely rooms but I wouldn't suggest there beds for long. On the Ranch we've spare rooms in the main house, or you can have a house of your own." Cari smiled playfully, "Or you can stay with your children. We can manage arrangements easy enough. But the choice is yours." Cari would wait for an answer she was eager to be back home and with her children. Tomorrow would be a bright new day for them.

Cari

#23 Andrew

Andrew
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:49 AM

Reikan mulled over the choices he had ahead of him. It would probably be too presumptions of him to think about staying with Cari and their children, as he had enough troubles dealing with his own household messes. "I'll probably stay at one of the houses," he said to Glenn and Cari then added quickly, "if that is alright with Nathan and everyone else."

"Good, good." Glenn added then asked, "so what brings you to Rashad Ranch?"

Reikan answered Glenn immediately as he did not want it to look like he was searching for an answer. "I'm just a wonderer looking for some steady work, though I do have hopes of settling down here as the town seems quite nice and looks like it will provide lots of work." He didn't want to add much more then that, though he figured it might not be a good thing to expand on the idea that Cari and he had children together. At least not yet, as he wanted the kids to get used to the idea before they let anyone else know. Knowing that Matalina was alive and had assumed a new role was giving him hope for the future. He had spent so much time escaping his responsibilities the last few years that he thought the Creator was telling him something by letting him return to some semblance of a family. It was odd to know that he had kids and suddenly realise that he had more to think about then just himself.

Taking a seat besides Cari, he politely shoved her over with his rear to make room for him. She in turn wrapped an arm around his waist and pinched him which made Glenn laughed when he jumped out of his seat somewhat.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to her pinches soon enough." Glenn said with a smiled and shook his head. "It appears our Cari has taken a shine to you!" He said and started to laugh again. "Maybe she might even calm down a little especially when her two kids look up to her so much. We wouldn't want them to be shameless flirts too!" He gave Cari a wink and smile and then turned to start talking to one of the waitresses.

Reikan shook his head and felt Cari give him a hug before she started to whisper into his ear, "Sam..."

#24 Matalina

Matalina
  • Members
  • 6,535 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:25 AM

Glen had stuck around and sat with Cari and Sam, it was odd having Glen around with the Master at Arms sitting next to her, but then the irony wasn't lost on her either. Glen had after all helped Matalina become Cari, and fake her death to the man sitting next to her. Glen also had a few likes in common with Reikan Souvan. Cari only shared Glen's bed once, and that was out of a moments weakness on Glen's part. Cari smiled at Glen knowingly. Though, Glen prefered to dish out pain instead of sleeping with a woman. Both had the same affect and Glen and Cari enjoyed the sessions, probably a bit too much.

Cari hugged Sam, it was time to tell him to be careful around Glen, for more than one reason. Cari started to whisper in Sam's ear, "Glen knows of my former life." She kissed him full on the lips before he could say something. Cari pulled back slightly and stared Sam in the eyes. "He knows nothing about me beside being a former warder. He helped me send my death notices home." Cari moved over into Sam's lap. "He won't be a bother to you or the children."

Cari

#25 Andrew

Andrew
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:55 AM

Sam nodded at Cari after she pulled her lips away from his. He tried not to smile at her too much as he was enjoying this a little too much for his own good, after all he had only just found out she was alive and was raising their children. Still that thought did not stop him from placing a hand on her hip and slowly caress it under the table. "Good," he said in response to Cari and their children's welfare. It was strange to feel himself becoming slightly protect of them when he had only just found out about their existence.

The conversation moved back and forth a few times about nothing much in particular. Cari never moved far from him though and he guessed she still felt a close connection to him after all these years apart. Glen excused himself after about an hour of conversation saying something about having a errand to run for Nathan before bed. Cari nodded at that with a smile and itched even closer to Sam.

Once Glen was out of earshot she said, "I thought he would never leave." Cari leaned into to nibble on his neck for a moment then just leaned her head on his shoulder, using it as a pillow of sorts. "Sam I never thought I'd admit this, but it's nice to have someone else around who knows who I was before this town."

He wrapped an arm around her waist and said, "I'm glad you feel that way, as I've always felt close to you even back to our early days hanging around together. Though the last few years we spent together were dark times for us both," he said trying not to reference to much to their past. Cari had always been fairly quite and distant back then. When he looked back on it and their last few years in the Warder's Yard together, he could not help but feel that this new life of hers had changed her for the better. She had a very dark edge to her character then and it had always worried him, as the only people he had ever connected that streak with were Darkfriends. Thankfully Cari's bonding to Raeyn Sedai had removed that possibility from his mind. While he had never been bonded he knew enough to understand that you could keep no secrets from an Aes Sedai, so a darkfriend could never hide themselves from an Aes Sedai. That was at least one advantage Aes Sedai had in keeping their secrets hidden from the Dark Ones minions.

"You definitely look a lot lightier of heart," he said with a smile.

#26 Matalina

Matalina
  • Members
  • 6,535 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 10:04 AM

Cari smiled at the comment. "Appearances can be deceiving."

Cari let the words hang in the air with out explanation. She wondered if he'd bring it up more, but she wouldn't give him the chance right now. Flirting with Sam had been fun, but she hoped it would be fruitful as well, in more ways than one. Cari wanted him to be there when the children woke up the next morning. That was her ultimate goal, and she hoped to bring Sam home, for whatever reason he would come.

Cari moved around and sat facing Sam in his laps, her arms dangling over his back and she squirmed in his lap before finding a comfortable spot to rest, then leaned in to lay her head on his shoulder and nibble at his neck. "Come home with me, stay the night and be there first thing in the morning when I tell Aiden and Kate." Cari leaned back and looked him in the eyes again and licked her lips. "I can make it worth your while if you are interested." She turned her bright smile into a frown, "There is a couch available if you'd like as well."

Cari

#27 Andrew

Andrew
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 10:19 AM

His first instinct was to be taken aback by Cari's proposition, though the more he thought about it the less he was shocked at all. The way both of them had been flirting with one another spoke volumns. Right now he did not know if it was anything beyond the happiness of realising one of his friends was alive and well or something more, but he figure he'd go with it. After all, what harm could it do? He leaned in and answer her question with a kiss on the lips and after a long moment or two pulled away to say, "your bed will be fine." Her bed would be more then fine, he realised, as all the friction between them was arrousing old feelings for her.

They paid their tab and were soon heading back to the ranch, though this time they both road the same horse with the other horse trailing. In the darkness of the night could not keep their hands off one another. It felt strange when they road into the Rashad ranch, as only a few hours ago they had not known who the other person was and now they were all over one another. The Wheel weaves...

#28 Matalina

Matalina
  • Members
  • 6,535 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 10:29 AM

The ride from Fairhaven had been fun. It had been a while since she'd been with a man for merely the joy of it. Cari always had alterior motives, and tonight was the same, but the situation was different. This man she'd had a past with, bore the fruit of his loins and left his room covered in both their blood. The memories rattle Cari awake as she opened the door to her house. She backed in holding Sam's hand in one of hers, as she indicated to be quiet. "The twins are sleeping."

Cari lead the way to her room in the dark. There was no reason to light a candle, she knew the house just as well in the dark. Her bed wasn't overly large but it would do for the night. Cari reached up behind her hair and undid the clasp that held her dress on and let the dress fall off of her. If there was light present he'd see the last tattoo, but the darkness cloaked what only few men, or women were ever able to see. Cari pulled Sam into her arms and let the night take on a life of it's own.

Cari