DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

To be Aes Sedai [ Attn Jehaine ]

Arie

Maegan Ryanne was just returning from the White Ajah halls and a visit to one of her closer friends Lillian Sedai. A newly raised white, Maegan found an odd affinity for the woman when she wrote a significant essay on the state of the White Tower. It was not long ago that she had returned from her time in the  Acadamy in Cairhien only to stumble upon this essay which then showed her a stronger purpose in the Tower. Since reading Lillian's essay, Maegan's focus in the Tower changed from being as far away as possible to becoming more involved in the various aspects that existed behind the beautiful white walls. Instead of limiting her connections to just the Red Ajah, she instead frequented friends in other Ajahs, taught a variety of classes to willing novices and solicited the help of the younger generations in some of her research. Doing what she could to involve the Tower in a more unified capacity instead of a limited view that so many of her other sisters claimed to enjoy more. It wasn't much, and not entirely what she wanted, but it was enough and for that Maegan felt useful and needed.

Holding a few books under her arms, she entered one of the connecting hallways that separated the various Ajah Halls. The day was still quite early and the early breakfast with Lillian had started the day off right. She was in a good mood, which was made even better with the thought of a new study waiting in her quarters.

"She's just awful!"

The Red Sister turned her head towards the voices that were complaining down the corridor. Nearly blind in both eyes, Maegan had a very keen sense of hearing yet the voices that floated down the hallway could have been heard by even the deafest of old men. Scowling, she was of half a mind to walk over and demand some form of retribution for saying such things aloud and publicly. Then again, this wasn't the Academy and Maegan did not yet have the prestige of rank despite her strength in the One Power. Her heart ached at the thought.

Instead of stomping her way over, Maegan casually walked past, with a turn of her head in slight surprise. Showing emotion in the Tower was becoming more and more rare for her, the surprised expression was more for their benefit then for hers. "Who is, Sisters?"

The two Aes Sedai exchanged a look, before the one in the Yellow Shawl spoke. "The Accepted, Jerinia. She should never have been raised to the Ring with the way she carries herself." The Yellow was old, much older than Maegan. Weaker in the One Power, however. But many were weaker than her.

"The Mistress of Novices seems to think otherwise, else she would not have been raised." Maegan commented, knowing she had not yet met the Accepted personally. Not in classes or in the Hall.

"Well," Started the younger brown. If Maegan could guess, she would say that one was mentor to the other before achieving the shawl. The Brown was very young. "Her heart is in the right place, but she has yet to curb her enthusiasm. Chores, Penances, many things have been done to help her and still she tries the patience of even the more patient."

"Hmph." The Yellow disapproved, but said nothing more.

"Perhaps it is all in the method." Maegan stated, a simply hypothesis forming in her mind. "Where can I find her?"

"Kitchens, last I heard. I've lot track of what she has been up to since I was raised."

"Understandable. Thank you, Pamela Sedai." Maegan said with a warm smile. "And welcome to the Shawl, Sister. The Brown Ajah is quite fortunate to have you."

The two Aes Sedai shared a smile. "Thank you, Maegan Sedai." Spoke Pamela. "Lights blessings."

"And the Light shine on you both."

Maegan left them and headed to the Kitchens. Pulling out a piece of paper, she wrote a small list of things upon it. She turned left and turned right as she thought on the possibilities she could take with the girl. If she was so much trouble why was she then raised at all. And now that she is raised, had none tried to curb the girls personality in a more fruitful being instead of simple trouble? What more, what could Maegan offer an Accepted that not only stood outside of the usual requirements of the Tower but in turn teach why an Aes Sedai is what she is. A theory started to form.

Entering the Kitchens, Maegan inquired from Mistress Laras as to who was Jerinia. The legendary Mistress of the Kitchens pointed the girl out. Keeping her face serious and of stone, she spoke firmly to the Accepted.

"Accepted Jerinia. You will set aside your task as I have one of more importance for you. Gather these items, then fetch your cloak and meet me by the stables in the Warders Yard. No dawdling, you have one hour to complete your task."

Confirming the girl had heard the instructions and would follow through, Maegan left and went straight to the Stables to saddle two horses, choosing to leave her Shawl behind in her quarters. Her shawl would not be needed for this journey.

Maegan Ryanne

Retro Red Sister

Ooc: dont' mind the length.. i'm attempting a new storytelling style and it's melding with my usual style... makes for clumsy long writing. :)

Jerinia sighed as she saw the near infinite stack of dishes next to her. Though she knew the dishes still needed to be done, it still appeared to her as if the stack was only getting larger no matter how much work she put into cleaning them, something she hoped Laras would be seeing as well. The Novices that had been caught chattering some five minutes ago were still walking funny after all.

As the Aes Sedai suddenly spoke up behind her, she jumped out of her thoughts, almost dropping the plate she had been holding. Due to a feat of agility she had managed to catch the plate in time, though it came close to shattering on the tiles. Had she been less meticulous about scrubbing the fat off, she doubted whether she would have been so fortunate.

After recieving her task, she looked around at the others working in the kitchens, not really sure what to do next. She let the plate slide back into the water, her eyes scanning the items that were written on the note. There were several things, but fortunately she knew where to get most of them. The others, well... Either the people she needed to see would know, or she'd have to improvise. With an apologetic curtsy to the Mistress of the Kitchens she darted into the hallway, already making a plan of who to visit first. Well... after changing clothes, that was.

-----

Slightly over an hour later, Jerinia came running into the Yards, wearing what appeared to be a dark blue fur-lined cloak that was a size or two too wide for her, the shoulder guards that were sewn into it ending up somewhere on her upper arms. Still, her height of six feet appeared to compensate for it, as the end didn't brush the ground.

- "Ah, Aes Sedai! Sorry i'm a bit late, i had to explain i was on an errand for you before they'd let me on the Yards... Still, i managed to get everything."

Putting the baskets down, she put an apple that had fallen out back in before settling the cloak around her shoulders again. It felt... good to finally be able to wear her father's cloak again, even though the smell of it was enough to make her feel slightly homesick.

Jerinia

Ready! Now what?

With the help of a few trainee's Maegan had two mares saddled and ready to go. Please by her timing Maegan still had enough time to retrieve her saddle bags and a generic brown cloak lined in soft rabbit fur from her quarters. Returning, she did not have to wait too long for Jerinia. The girl was late, apologizing profusely with an excuse, Maegan gave her a firm look.

"An Aes Sedai does not apologize for being late. If you are late, next time instead of an excuse simply pretend that you were there all along. You will earn more respect that way." Her voice a scold turned into a smile. "A hard lesson to learn, but I think you will get understand over time. My name is Maegan Ryanne, you may call me Maegan Sedai until we have gotten to know each other. I do hope that you know how to ride. Today we will be visiting a family outside of Tar Valon today and aiding them however they need. Basic medical needs and food.

"Tell me, Jerinia, why do you think we help with simple things?" Maegan paused, moving into her saddle, "You can tell me as we ride out. How about your time as an Accepted. What has been the hardest thing for you so far?"

Jerinia felt a bit confused at Maegan's advice, enough to make her stop rearranging the items in the two baskets so that there was no danger that anything would be falling out again. Why wouldn't she need to apologise if she was late, but pretend everyone else was just early? How could being arrogant gather people's respect better than good old fashioned honesty? She was careful not to mention that little thought to the Aes Sedai though. Instead, she just gave a hesitant nod, the pensive frown on her face giving away that she remained clueless of the reason Maegan had hinted at.

"Tell me, Jehaine, why do you think we help with simple things?" Maegan paused, moving into her saddle, "You can tell me as we ride out. How about your time as an Accepted. What has been the hardest thing for you so far?"

- "Well, just because we can, i guess? I mean, we have plenty of food and medical supplies here, and to not share them with people that are less fortunate... It just wouldn't feel right."

As she spoke, she mounted the mare, though she had turned to face Maegan again before she finished talking. When she spoke the word 'right' however, she absently brushed her fingers over her heart, leaving no doubts as to what she meant even if she couldn't quite find the best way to describe her feelings. As for the Aes Sedai's second question...

- "The hardest part of being Accepted, Aes Sedai? I'm not sure... Almost burned myself out during a Darkfriend raid once, but if you mean in the Tower itself it'd be trying to... Umm..."

She winced slightly, letting her words trail off as she shot nervous glances at Maegan. Though the Aes Sedai's intentions sounded genuine enough, she didn't want to end up accidentally offending her this close to the start of their trip. Or at all, for that matter.

Jerinia

Starting to choose her words a bit more carefully.

Maegan nearly dropped her reigns at the mention of the darkfriend raid. Memories of darkness, death and absolute mayhem echoed in the depths of her heart and stirred the accepted that had nearly lost everything from a similar experience. Perhaps a part of her had not yet completely forgiven Siny for it all, but then not knowing that happened to the woman after her raising left little room to ponder such thoughts. It was very discomforting to her knowing that it was still a problem for young novices and accepteds. Maegan didn't voice this thought. Instead she nodded her head.

"It is okay, Jerinia. You need not be afraid of saying the wrong things to me. We may share more in common than you might think. At least in getting on the nerve of someone of higher rank. When I was a novice I scolded an Accepted for being unfair to another novice. Even as an Accepted I would but heads with a lot of Aes Sedai, Blue's and Browns mostly. They were not very happy about an Accepted that tried to be smarter than them." There was a chuckle behind her smile. They rode for a little before Maegan broke the silence.

"Aes Sedai is Old Tongue for Servant of All. Back in the Age of Legends Aes Sedai were not rulers, they were not men and women that held power over nobles or any of rank. They were simply very skilled healers and scholars of their time. With that in mind, why, Jarinia, would you want to become an Aes Sedai?" They started to approach a farm in the close distance. A single father with 4 children, all too young just yet to work outside the farm but only just old enough to be out of swaddling cloths. "When we get arrive what I want you to do is make sure that food gets to the children, saving enough to the father, Master Tammer, to eat. The food should last them a few days if you got everything on the list. I'll be with Master Tammer to make sure all things are well. Also, think on what it means, to be Servant of All and why an Aes Sedai was once called that and how we can be one now. After I'll answer any question you have. Maybe by then you can guess my Ajah." There was a tease in her voice, a smile and a look of confidence towards the Accepted. "Do not be afraid to be yourself. There is no need to stand on ceremony with them, or with me, while we are here."

Maegan Ryanne

A sympathetic soul

Ooc: you can make it up as you go, pick the names of the kids, which ever you want. :)

Jerinia hesitated for a moment more, before deciding she should just risk it and state out loud what she believed the hardest part of being an Accepted was. Though to be honest, it wasn't about being an Accepted, but rather realising something about the Aes Sedai that she had some difficulty trying to place.

- "Well... It's not really anything that has to do with being Accepted, but rather... being closer to what you will one day become. As a Novice, you see Aes Sedai being calm and composed all day and look up to them. As an Accepted, i have Novices looking up to me and i have to admit it feels nice, but then i look around. People that were Novices no two months ago pretending the Novices are all beneath them all of a sudden. I have a Mentee, have taught classes to Novices and i treat them the same way i did when i was still a Novice, but... I'm starting to feel i'm the exception."

She paused, frowning a little as she started talking less to Maegan and more thinking out loud. She fidgeted with the reins a bit as she sought the words to describe how she felt, but from her stance it was clear that it had been something that had been starting to bother her for a while now.

- "And when i look at the Aes Sedai, all i see are serene faces with barely any emotion on them, like showing emotion is wrong or something. Some, like Larindhra Sedai and Loraine Sedai are different, but it's like most of them don't think of themselves as human anymore. That they've forgotten to smile every once in a while, or that they've been Novices once as well. The Accepted are starting to look and act that way too, and i'm... afraid that i'll be like that one day as well."

She bit her lip, gasping as she realised just where she was at that moment. Frantically, she tried to explain what she meant, making wild movements to show that she had no intentions of leaving. And come to think of it, there was a chance Maegan might feel she was included in her view of 'average' Aes Sedai.

- "GAH! No offense, of course. Also, i love channeling, and really want to be an Aes Sedai, it's just... Well, a feeling a can't seem to shake off."

She grabbed her reins again when her horse started protesting against the way its rider was moving around in her saddle. When she turned back to Maegan, the look on her face was a very defensive one indeed, almost expecting to be berated again for being foolish.

Jerinia

Thinks she did it again

• 4 weeks later...

Maegan could not help but frown a little at the child's comments. It was not that what she said was necessary wrong, but there was a lack of information that did not seem to be passed on. Silently she wondered who the girls mentor in the Tower was and about approaching her in how she taught the young girl. The basic essentials appeared to be there in spirit yet somehow she was innately flawed in character. How much strength did this girl possess? Would she even be able to handle the world outside the Tower if she was able to pass the test to reach the Shawl? Maegan certainly wouldn't allow her into the Red without some serious developmental instruction from a variety of chosen characters. At the very least a little culture shock would do her a world of justice; and not the good kind. Aes Sedai were not loved, and she should not believe they could be. Not in most cases that was for certain.

"Just because a face shows a mask of serenity does not mean there are no emotions beneath." Maegan stated as she flicked the reigns of her horse. The darn thing was getting lazy and falling behind in it's steps if even by a few fractions of a second. "Perception is everything, Jerinia, and an Aes Sedai knows this all too well. Should an Aes Sedai be viewed as weak persay, then she is less likely to be trusted with important tasks, while an Aes Sedai that is too friendly may be seen as to soft and unable to follow through with more difficult decisions. Each Ajah has a specific role that they play in the Tower, and together they form a sense of unity," ::Even if at times they are too divided to see it...:: She mused ruefully. "It is completely up to the Aes Sedai, or Accepted how they treat another, but do you not think that you will gain more respect by respecting the Novice under you or by treating them harshly like the other Accepted? Sometimes you get better results with honey instead of a stick. Sometimes."

"Why would anyone wish to hide their feelings from someone, Jerinia? What if a dress did not look good, or maybe someone said something hurtful? What if someone did a favor for one and not another? What if someone was treated unfairly? Perhaps it was a fair punishment but so harsh that it hurt even you? What then, Jerinia? What would you do? How would you feel?" Maegan paused as she brought out worse scenarios, "What if you were being punished for Aes Sedai? What if you knew a secret that someone hurt you to get? What if you walked through a town to save one person yet everyone hated you for it, trying to kill you? What if the life of another was at stake and all you had to do was not smile, not laugh, not tell a word lest that person died? What if that person was a Novice, an Accepted? A Sister, a friend? Or even the Amyrlin Seat herself?"

"What if that serenity you see on an Aes Sedai's face was from years of knowing that even a smile could have someone else killed? You see, Jerinia, it is not all what it may seem. There are times where that serenity saves lives. You should be under no illusion that the same will happen to you. If that is too much, then you are not fit to wear the Shawl, any shawl."

Jerinia was starting to feel uncomfortable under the scenarios Maegan was bringing up. To be honest, she felt the Aes Sedai was thinking far too negatively about the world as a whole. Sure, there were Darkfriends and Trollocs and Myrddraal and the Light knows what else out there, but in the Tower they were safe. Why would they continue keeping up that mask in there as well, among their own Sisters?

- "Yeah, i know what you mean, it's just that they seem so... detached at times, like they don't even think of themselves as human. I believe showing genuine concern and kindness will cause people to treat others the same way, better than 'looking down their noses at people' can, anyway. The times i've been outside of the Tower, that's the complaint i've heard the most often."

She sent Maegan an apologetic smile. She knew it sounded like an odd thing, had been told that often enough as well, but it was one of those ideas that just didn't intend to leave her head, and she had promised herself she'd give it a try once she had the Shawl. So far, just being friendly to people made her feel nice as well, so there had to be a core of truth in it, right?

Jerinia

Still being her :P

Maegan looked over at the girl and partially scolded herself. The innocent eyes staring back at her actually made her feel more uncomfortable than the girl had been in her presence. At least Maegan did not show it as she cleared her throat. "Perspective, my dear. Everything is all about perspective. Aes Sedai will always see the world differently as we live much longer and learn a great deal more because of it. People need something to complain about, and what better thing to complain about than something that does not change. The Wheel Weaves as it Wills, Jerinia. Kindness goes a long way, truth. But be careful that someone does not use you for your kindness or innocence. That I believe will be the hardest lesson I hope you never have to learn."

They rode in silence for a bit before Maegan brought out the more obvious question every Aes Sedai has asked of an Accepted, "What are your thoughts on the Ajah's? Have you started to think where you may aspire when the time is right?"

• 2 weeks later...

Jerinia nodded at Maegan's words, thinking over the advice of the Aes Sedai. There had been people before that had taken advantage of her in such a way, but she always felt even if they would not repay the favor right then, they would possibly and eventually do so at some point or another in the future. And if not... Well, she enjoyed helping them out anyway, and it made her feel like a better person for helping someone in need. Then again, growing up in a border fortress was like growing up in a small village, everyone knew each other and there weren't any real problems on a social level save for the occasional drunk husband getting home late. While she was thinking, Maegan brought up if she had decided on her Ajah yet.

- "Well, i don't really know. There are a couple that i'll be unlikely to join, like the Whites, but i'm keeping my sights open. I'm still trying to learn about all of them at this point, and i feel there's still so much to learn..."

She took a deep breath as she thought of the various Ajahs. All of them had their good and bad points, and she was aware of the major differences between them, but she didn't want to actually start discarding Ajahs until the very last moment. Except for the Whites, that was. But that made sense.

Jerinia

Discarding the White for logical reasons.

Maegan smiled, there were a few Whites that she knew that were not very white at all. She thought back to those months and months of interviews with all the different Ajah's when she was first raised. Some sitters and others newly raised Aes Sedai. She went all up and down the scale asking question after question. The only two Ajah's that were ruled out rather quickly were the Yellows, she had no talent for the healing touch and that didn't take an astute observer to figure that one out, and the Blues, her views on Cause and Effect completely different than theirs.

"Well, what do you know of the different Ajah's? And do not' hold back on my own account, please. Even I have misconceptions of my own at times or things that I prefer of others. It is only normal to weigh your choices carefully. However the only poor choice is the uneducated one."

Jerinia was quick to answer Maegan's next question for the simple reason that she had just been thinking of the Ajahs. Not knowing what Ajah the Aes Sedai belonged to, she simply decided to sum up the Ajahs as she thought of them.

- "Well, the Greens are all about going to the Blight and actively fighting the Shadowspawn there, that's easy. The Yellow Ajah centers around Healing, it's a memory aid to Accepted that the Greens fight and the Yellows patch them up again."

She giggled softly before realising Maegan might very well have been of one of those two Ajahs, and might have found that aid... a lot less funny. Hiding her embarrasment in a small cough, she continued.

- "Anyway, there's the Brown Ajah, they're focusing on knowledge and books... Reds hunt for men that can channel. The Whites go for logic and common sense, though i find they tend to see everything too black and white. Oh yes, and the Greys are the ones negotiating and setting up treaties and such. Lastly there's the Blue Ajah, but i haven't really gotten the chance of speaking to one of them. They just spend a lot of time out of the Tower doing stuff i guess, but according to what i've heard they follow their own agendas..."

She took a deep breath, looking at the Aes Sedai to see if her answer had been sufficient. Sufficiently right that was, as she was still a bit unsure when it came to her own ability to understand what the Aes Sedai often said took some fifty years at least to fully comprehend. That, and a few of those Blues had to return to the Tower long enough for her to talk to them in between chores...

Jerinia

Thinks it's kind of like that

Ooc: I hate to break it to you, but when Jerinia was an Accepted, there were no such thing as 'Asha'men' or the 'dragon reborn' Still a myth and none of them even born yet. Care to edit?

Ooc: sorry if this is a bit short. Its been a day and I didn't want to leave too many RPs waiting...

IC:

Maegan tsked with a smile as she looked over at Jerinia. "Well, if you were not a member of the White Tower, or an Accepted, I might have expected such an answer, however because you are I am a little disappointed. Of all the years you have spent in the Novice Whites that is all you have deduced of the different Ajah's? You have a long way to go before attaining the shawl if that is all you know of what you will one day become." Maegan paused and looked to the girl once again, her eyes reading every aspect of the girls face through the spectacles on her nose. "Come, Jerinia, you must know more then that. Or at least be a little more curious about the Ajah's then just the assumed basics any pauper on the street could give. I know more trainees in the Yard that can answer better than that."

She paused as she saw the girls shoulders droop. Sighing softly to herself, Maegan's voice gentled and she spoke again, "Try again, child. This time try not to be afraid to ask a question or two. You may be surprised to know what this Aes Sedai knows."

• 4 weeks later...

OOC: Whoops, looks like i forgot about this...

IC:

Jerinia winced as Maegan told her she had not been looking for the concise version she had given her. While she was a bit doubtful if a pauper would be able to tell the difference, it was true any Novice would be aware of it, let alone an Accepted. Thus, that left asnswering by summing up everything she knew about the Ajahs, or as much as she could remember sitting on the back of a horse anyway.

- "Sorry, i thought you wanted the short version... Anyway, the Green Ajah is the Battle Ajah, and they see it as their duty to train channeling and practise weaves to fight the Dark One's hordes during the Last Battle. The Brown Ajah is the Knowledge Ajah, they spend a lot of time in libraries, or out in the countryside, or anywhere else they think might be a shred of knowledge they didn't know yet. I think they're trying to prevent a massive loss of knowledge like what happened between the Age of Legends and now, but i'm not sure about that part."

She took a deep breath before carrying on.

- "The Yellow Ajah is all about Healing, and researching new and better ways to Heal, or cure a disease that used to be fatal. Then there's the Gray Ajah, they're usually the ones that do the negotiating for two coutries at war or other major disputes. I mean, all Aes Sedai can handle negotiations of course, it's just that the Grays have specialised in it."

She frowned in thought as she moved on to the next two, trying to recall more information about the Yellow Ajah but failing. They really did seem to be all about Healing at that. Still, four down, three to go.

- "The Red Ajah has a goal of gentling men who can channel before they go mad, or proclaim themselves as a False Dragon, and get quite a few people killed before an Aes Sedai or two can get to them. The White Ajah is all about logic, and sees emotions as something that only distract from the heart of the matter. They can be a bit cold at times, but that's just who they are i guess..."

She remained silent for a few seconds longer, trying to recall anything about the Blue Ajah that hadn't been covered in her lessons, but her mind only came up blank. As she had mentioned before, there were preciously few Blue Ajah members in the Tower, and hearing one of them out about what their Ajah stood for had proven to be next to impossible with the chores factored into her busy schedule.

- "As for the Blue Ajah... I don't really know much about them. According to what i heard, they like playing the Game of Houses -- whatever that is -- but other than that they seem to be pretty much cover every other Ajah rather than specialise. They're doing something right though, most Amyrlins were from the Blue."

She tilted her head a little in Maegan's direction, trying to guess her reaction to what she had just told her, hoping it would be enough. Apart from giving a long list of who and what, she wouldn't know what else to add...

Jerinia

Was less concise this time.

Ooc: No worries. :)

IC:

Maegan smiled as they continued their ride. "Very good. That is what the Ajah's are about, but what have you seen as their flaws?" There was a look in the girls eyes that could not seem to be anything short of horror. Maegan giggled in the way that younger, carefree women did. "Come now, the only way to achieve beyond ones faults is to know what they are and to accept them as a part of you. Just as you have faults in your character so do the Ajah's. For example, you mentioned that the Blue Ajah have placed the most sisters on the Amyrlin Seat indicating that they were doing something right. Would it be fair to say that all the Aes Sedai that did not reach the stole were wrong? Instead, I would think that their path was merely different. I doubt that the biggest flaw with the Red Ajah is not placing a Red Sister on the Amyrlin Seat since Bonwhin. Do you not think so?"

Leaning back a little Maegan, continued as the girl thought for a moment. "What of you? You seem to understand the concepts of the Ajahs, where would you see yourself? Why would you not see yourself in another? What questions could you ask, if you feel the freedom to ask any question you wished? I am sure there are many things you would like to ask and get a truthful honest answer."

Jerinia blinked at what Maegan was saying, and quite honestly... didn't know what to think of it. Saying an Ajah had faults was like saying the Aes Sedai in it had faults too, and Aes Sedai... didn't like to hear they had any, much less from an Accepted. Though it had never happened to her, not all of the Accepted had been as fortunate. She even heard rumors of a Novice telling off several Aes Sedai in the gardens the other day... She gulped at the thought of what would have happened to the poor girl.

- "Umm... Sorry for not being too elaborate on this, it's not a way of thought most Aes Sedai encourage in Novices and Accepted. Anyway, i'll try. The White Ajah tends to think too much in black and white, leaving little room for compromises. The Gray Ajah on the other hand compromises too much, losing track of their own opinions in what they do. The Green Ajah seem to... well, pardon the expression... 'fight for peace'. They exist to fight, but fight to negate their own reason to exist. The Brown Ajah spend too much time in the Tower, whereas the Blue Ajah... well, they really should spend more time in the Tower. The Red Ajah... i don't know, but since i can get along with Larindhra Sedai well, and Shevara Sedai is my Mentor i might be a little biased on that. Same with the Yellow Ajah, i can't really think of anything bad about Healing people."

Then came the next question, about what Ajah she would like to be in herself. She thought on this for about a minute before replying.

- "As for what Ajah i'd pick... ... ... So far, i'm stuck between Red and Green. Red because i believe that the World should at least make it to the Last Battle relatively whole, and Green.. because i've heard a number of people say i have a talent for destruction, or whatever they mean by that. And Blue of course, since i know too little about them to say i won't choose them."

Jerinia

Made sense?

...A relative talent for destruction? Maegan's mind instantly associated the thought with the Blue Sister, Estel. No amount of ill wishing on the opposing Ajah would want Maegan to steer a woman into the politically volatile hands of the Blues. That being said, Maegan was pleasantly surprised to learn how the girl spoke of the Reds. Perhaps there was hope for the child in spite of her lack of discipline. It is possible that she may not entirely slow down enough to reach the Shawl within the next few years, but her heart seemed in the right place. Right enough to believe that the 'the would should at least make it to the Last Battle relatively whole'. It was those words that caught her, impressed her, and Maegan was pleased.

"The Blue Ajah are as much a close knit Sisterhood as the next Ajah. They believe in following Causes to their fruition. Often they take on a task and plunge themselves needlessly into it without regard for the consequences at times. 'The Ends justifies the Means' was often what I have associated to the Blue Ajah. It was much for this reason that I did not choose  Blue although I do follow my own Causes." Maegan turned her horse along another path that would take them back to the Tower. "The Greens are a very noble Ajah, as are the Reds who are also very prideful. Amazing women who have done feats like that you may have never seen. History dictates that it is quite possible that the Green and the Red Ajah are very similar despite their apparent differences. Do you know why?"

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Gah, keep forgetting about this one. That, and my LoA got in the way too...

IC:

Jerinia thought on the information Maegan had given her. The Blue Ajah was something she found intriguing, with one Aes Sedai saying they were all about plots and others like Maegan coming close to calling them reckless at times. It was making her curious as to what exactly they were, if even other Aes Sedai were left in the dark of what their Ajah was about. Sure, there had been differences of opinion between Aes Sedai of different Ajahs she had asked, yet none to the extent of how they saw the Blue Ajah. It was making her curious.

Another thing that made her curious was this apparent similarity between the Reds and the Greens. Where the Greens actively fought in the Blight against Trollocs and Shadowspawn, she knew the Reds to be in a fair share of battles as well, only against different opponents. While she, as a Borderlander, couldn't really compare men -- channeling or not -- with Shadowspawn, she suspected this was the similarity Maegan was touching on.

- "Umm... Because they both fight a lot? The Greens in the Blight, and the Reds against false Dragons south of it?"

Jerinia

Has a feeling she is correct.

Ooc: Thats alright. :) I think you've met your Req by now and that was the point of the thread. :)

Ic:

"Close, Jerinia, quite close." She spoke with a note of approval to her tone. The child seemed to always second guess her answers, or she was not very forthcoming with them as if afraid to get them wrong. The fact that she answered at all was no doubt from her status as an Aes Sedai and little else. Maegan felt a little torn. Should she instruct the child as an Aes Sedai to Novice, or from an instructor to a student, or a Sister to one much younger. It was a fine line that she didn't want to cross without it taking the negative effect of the action. Cause and Effect. Maegan sighed to herself. There were enough Aes Sedai in the Tower to be Aes Sedai enough for this child. For now, Maegan will just challenge her to think.

"What you say is true, it is what they do that, although different entities, they are similar that they fight. However, in the grand scheme of things, they wish to protect the world from the evils within it. They desire to make the world safe from the Shadow's influence and Blessed with the Creators Light. How they achieve this is similar, and yet that is the goal of their Ajahs."

Jerinia beamed a smile at Maegan for the praise, resulting in a small boost of confidence on her behalf. The work in the kitchens hadn't been the only thing she had gotten herself 'sentenced' to for her latest series of accidents. Not like she had meant to trip and slam into an Aes Sedai, getting the elderly woman's arm broken in the fall, but Cormindhra Sedai had wanted to have a word with her at the time and she figured that if she ran the way there she wouldn't be late for class!

But that was neither here nor now, and she listened to the information Maegan offered her, storing it in a corner of her mind along with the other stuff she had heard about the Ajahs. Still, one thing bothered her about that explanation, that of putting male channelers on the same level as Darkfriends and Trollocs. Unlike them, male channelers hadn't chosen to be evil, it was because of the taint, right? Soo...

- "So why does the Red Ajah gentle men who can channel, instead of getting together and removing the taint from the male half? It sounds like... fighting the symptons rather than the core of the disease itself, doesn't it? Wouldn't it be simpler that way, removing the reason why they end up going mad in the first place?"

That was the one thing she didn't understand about the Reds, or any other Ajah for that matter. Aes Sedai were strong, it was said, and she was taught that a circle could have up to thirteen Aes Sedai in it. If one was amazingly strong, the power of thirteen of the strongest channelers combined would be able to do it... right?

Jerinia

Let's cleanse saidin!

• 1 month later...

Ooc: sorry, I had a 'major' Writers Block. :/

Ic:

Maegan pursed her lips carefully in thought. The breeze started to pick up and it would be wise of them to start heading to the Tower soon but Maegan did not want to leave what has passed to be left undone. Breathing in a deep sigh she started to answer the childs questions. "If it were only so simple. Although it is a pretty thought and a wish of many both in and out of the Red Ajah -I'm afraid that it can not be done. According to our histories even the men and the woman together after the breaking -before the men went mad- tried desperately to unto the Dark One's Taint on Saidin. Remember, these are men and women that knew of power greater than even we could imagine. Power that they knew how to wield together before the Tower was split into Ajah's and the men were hunted like animals." There was a little scorn in her voice, but not for the history but for the present that still saw men like unwanted dogs. "We are mere mortals to their immortal knowledge of the One Power. We can no hope to fathom what they knew. To say that we can not unto the Taint is a mere understatement -yet there are some that still seek out a solution. A cure to their madness."

"Sadly, the only cure has been to Gentle them, and none do it better then the Red Ajah. It is a Mercy that they take this away from them. Not a punishment."

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: No probs, it happens. :)

IC:

Jerinia nodded as Maegan gave her answer, not really understanding the amount of power that would be required. It was understandable, in a way, as she had heard about the amazing things that could be done with the One Power, and trying to imagine something trumpiung that was a little hard to imagine for her. Though she supposed that if an Aes Sedai said it couldn't be done it likely couldn't, given that they were unable to lie and everything...

- "I see..."

She decided then that she would try and find a cure for it. She had no inclination -- or talent, for that matter -- to join the Yellows, nor did she have the patience of a Brown, but there were a lot of artifacts still hidden somewhere outside of Tower grounds. Perhaps with the right sa'angreal, perhaps a ter'angreal existed somewhere that would enable a circle past thirteen to aid the process along. And who knows, it might just work. Now if she only could get herself decided on an Ajah...

- "Maegan Sedai... Do the Reds leave the Tower often?"

Jerinia

Inquiring