DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

When Jade was an ickle Accepted....

claireducky

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hee, all this looking back amuses me, but for the most random person - Muirkins! 

Muirkins, remind me why it was always womyn, humynity, etc.  I'm sure you've told me in the past, but like heck I can remember now. :)

Ha! That's a goldmine!

The womyn/humyn thing was something I did in college when I had time to keep up with it.  I was very into Women's studies, and during that time there was a big push for alternate spellings for those words since English has no gender neutral pronoun.  It's something that has pretty much died out now.  While I applaud the effort, and rather wish it had taken off, I stopped using it myself because I didn't have enough time to keep up with all the questions I would get over e-mail/PM. :P

*nods*  I figured it had something to do with feminism or women's (womyn's) studies, but I never found it a big enough deal to ask at the time.  Thank you for sating my curiosity about it in the here and now. :D

Quibbs - I think Nyn is with you on that about her old posts.  Alas, one at least shall live on in infamy, considering that I was in that RP as well... and so it's archived to my blag for that purpose.  *grins*

*nods*  I figured it had something to do with feminism or women's (womyn's) studies, but I never found it a big enough deal to ask at the time.  Thank you for sating my curiosity about it in the here and now. :D

Quibbs - I think Nyn is with you on that about her old posts.  Alas, one at least shall live on in infamy, considering that I was in that RP as well... and so it's archived to my blag for that purpose.  *grins*

What's a blag?  *grin*

I have Photoshop CS2.  But I find Fireworks MX a lot easier.  That's how I managed to do my siggs, using Fireworks MX.

Fireworks MX I think is better for sigs because it is web orientated.

Fireworks is good for dynamic web graphics that are slice based such as rollover buttons, etc.  But it doesn't do the best interlacing on photographic quality images, which results in fuzzies in the pictures.  I would definitely recommend you check out what your PS 2 has to offer (I have some tutorial PDFs if you would like them), and then use Imageready for the tweening of the graphics for your animation.

You're just going to keep following me around asking that question ad nauseum, aren't you Claire? :p

*blags on Claire's shoes and grins*

I'd say she's desperate. Best take advantage of her while she is still willing. :lol

*grins*  I've already happily let her go mad on a couple of tasks for the PSW, and for the Browns on the comm side. ;)  But that doesn't mean she's around when I want to talk to her about something, noo... silly needing to paint the house!

*ignores own need to touch up painting*