Various Issues

• Please log in to reply
603 replies to this topic

#601 Sabio

Sabio
  • Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:47 PM

Fain either walked or used a waygate  that would of been located nearby.  We have seen Fain could travel the ways freely without fear of the black wind.  But pretty much it seems Fain walked/rode horses everywhere we have no pov's or anything to show he ever used a traveling gate.  He just entered Far Madding since the guards would have no reason to ban the guy with him or Fain from entering.  The yalso would freely let him leave since they would have no reason to guess he was involved in any of the deaths in town.  Land nad Rand pretty much took the blame for all of that since they were captured escaping.

#602 Durinax

Durinax
  • DM - Staff
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:18 AM

Pretty good bet that he learned it when he learned the sword.
One has to remember that Tam was no ordinary soldier, he was a Blademaster who was freakin second in command of the famed Illianer Companions. He fought in 4 different wars (Whitecloak, 2 x Tear and the Aiel war) that was presented with the sword that ended up on Rand's hip by King Mattin Stepaneos himself.

Indeed. Although he still lucked out by meeting someone who knew the trick since, as I mentioned, it's not a trick every soldier seems to know. He got himself into some pretty exclusive company somehow.

I think Tam's bow/quarterstaff skill gave him an edge that pushed him higher in ranks quickly. I don't think its far fetched for a man with two sets of combat skills to be given special consideration and military education. The real thing I want to know about Tam is why Illian?
Has discovered the true name of Shai'tan, his true name is. . . Eric Cartman

it is not titles that honour men, its men that honour titles

Posted Image

#603 mb

mb
  • Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

The real thing I want to know about Tam is why Illian?

do you mean "Why Tam went to Illian"

I recall several threads that speculated the reason.

The upcoming Companion might tell.

Matthew 28:19-20
I Kings 18:21
Romans 1:16
Philippians 4:6-7

#604 Barid Bel Medar

Barid Bel Medar

WoT Discussion Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,752 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:22 PM

Illian fought a war against Whitecloaks around that time. As a solider, Tam would likely go where the fighting was. 

CAGEMATCHROTATION_zpsc7e4c1c6.gif?t=1403