DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A New Life (closed) {An SG RP}

Matalina

Matalina stayed in the inn the first night after meeting Glen Triad. He was a nice man, attractive and she wondered what lead him to the Great Lord. Her own story was a unique one she was sure of it. Glen felt it best if he spoke to his employer, one Nathan Rashad, before Cari Namere announced herself. Which Matalina also thought was a good idea. The Rashad name rang familiar and she wanted time to remember why it did.

Aiden and Kate lay asleep on the bed as Matalina sat thinking about her new life. A servant of sorts, a woman working with horses and healing minor injuries. Matalina wondered if she could live that sort of life for the rest of her life. But she knew she would have to, to the Tower she was dead. She’d left everything she had known to become something else. Something that Alex could love, she hoped.

It always boiled down to Alex and Fawne and Jeffery Kincaid, but mostly Alex. She loved the man more than she should have as a Warder and now that she was no longer one, she had a nagging feeling he loved another. She didn’t have proof, nor did she care, he was entitled to a happy life, but she wanted Alex to be hers more than anything. She’d live with out him if she must, maybe she’d find another love. The chances were doubtful though, she was truly in love with Alexander Namere.

The night went slowly as Matalina drifted to sleep on the chair by the window. She dreamed of leaving Alex again, of her time with Carmen and what things her new life would bring. A dark terror struck and Matalina’s dreams took a new form. A memory of herself and Yveva Sedai in Cairhein. A dark cold alley. The images were a blur as a man grabbed at Matalina’s throat. Wetness trickled down her fingers. Looking down blood was everywhere. A name rang in her head – Rashad… Dylan Rashad.

Matalina woke with a start, she had killed a relative of these Rashad’s, she truly hoped not. Surely there were more Rashad’s than that around. Matalina didn’t believe in coincidence, things were bound to be happening for a reason. Only the Great Lord knew.

Matalina woke the next morning early. The habits of the Tower Yard still thrived in her heart. It would be a tough to break the habit and it was unlikely she ever would. Aiden and Kate slept peacefully, they’d slept through the night and Matalina was thankful for that. A knock came at the door. “Cari, it’s Glen.â€

Matalina wondered why he made such an early call. When she opened the door an older man stood with Glen. Matalina let both men in. The older man introduced himself as Nathan Rashad. “I’ve also been informed by Glen that you are hiding from a former life and are seeking employement.â€

Matalina nodded. “Yes, Sir I am.â€

“And what can you do for us that I don’t already have.â€

Matalina shrugged. “Sir, I’m merely looking for friends to help me find myself.†She emphasized friends. “I have been a Warder or training to be one most of my given life time and I know little more than a few important herbs that my caretaker taught me when I was young and how to use weapons. I have worked with my warhorse Tain Cor since I bought him when I finished my training. He only listens to me so I think I’ve done a good job of it.â€

Nathan smiled, “Well at least you are honest. I think we can find a place for you in our house. And your children?â€

Matalina nodded, “Yes. They are mine. I will be bringing them along.â€

He nodded and thought a while. “And they don’t know of the Great Lord?â€

“No, I have no intentions of teaching them the ways unless they feel they wish to join it themselves later in life.â€

Again Nathan nodded. “Very well, we will abide by your wishes. The other children will have to be careful, Taylor and Talyn are both true to their heritage.â€

It was Matalina’s turn to nod.

“You can start work tomorrow, I’ll have a house ready for you when you arrive. I must leave now and tend to the horses. I look forward to seeing you at dinner.†And with the last Nathan left the room.

Glen smiled at Matalina, “That means you’d better be there by then. You need help moving stuff?â€

Matalina shook her head. “No I’ve everything we own in saddle bags. Though you could show me the way.â€

And Glen showed Matalina the way to the Ranch and talked her ear off. He was a nice fellow and Matalina found out he practiced in her own trades. Assassination was a big thing for Nathan apparently. Matalina hoped she’d come in handy for the older man.

Mat

Matalina made her way to the Ranch with Glen and they were given a house to live in and decorate as they wished for as long as they lived there. Aiden and Kate were put into a single room for the time being, it was easier to tend to them in one room. It was difficult getting into the story of Cari Namere, but she managed and with in a month, Cari had taken over.

Sara and Petra worked with Cari giving her lessons in many things, from sewing to cooking. Cari had also taken in a puppy to care for. The mother had pushed it aside and Cari took pity on it.

Cari over the years changed becoming more feminine and delicate. She still practiced her sword on a daily basis and had taken up the Quarterstaff as an easily concealable weapon to carry around with her. Aiden and Kate were growing up and Taylor was becoming fast friends with Aiden. Talyn on the other hand had taken to Cari like a moth to a flame. He followed her everywhere and insisted on being taught weapons. Talyn was a good kid and needed the lessons to keep his brother and his friends from running him over.

The boys were raised darkfriends, they knew nothing else, but Cari was thankful they didn't push their views onto Kate and Aiden.

Cari had become a fixture in town. Helping the towns folk out when their healer was too busy or unavailable at the time. She became fast friends with Achet Lyack and his daughter Seira. His wife had died in child labor and they'd connected on the single parent hood. After years of friendship it was apparent to Cari that Achet was falling in love, but she didn't feel the same. Her fires still burned for her one true love, Alex Namere. The thoughts of her former lover convinced her to send him a letter.

Cari had convinced Talyn to go to Raeyn Sedai and see if there was a potential connection there. Talyn was becoming a good fighter and she trusted him with her Sedai's life. He agreed to go and deleiver the letters as well.

It had been six years since she'd seen Alex and Fawne, she wondered how they were doing.