DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

SWF Seeks Novice Roomate for Fun & Friendship

Miya

Assuming Miya is approved I'd like to have a roomate.  If anyone out there is playing a novice or accepted and would like a friendly, somewhat mischievous (not maliciously so... normally) roomate; I may be your gal!

Right now I should have a couple days a week free for posting so I should prove to be a fairly responsive rp partner.

Please reply and ... if you have a link to your biography or a post or two you've done I'd love to read a bit of your writing before we hook up.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Heya Miya,

As promised, I'm posting here. :) I've been considering whether or not to get Tirzah(my Novice) a new roommate, as the people she was interacting with previously have gone somewhat MIA-ish. :) She's still got an incredible Mentor though! (MMM, you better be reading this. :P)

Anyhow, a little about Tirzah. :) Would you mind if we did a short RP first seeing how the characters get along? I'm asking this because Tirzah already has a roomie, namely her twin, Lucrecia.

As for posts, here are a few examples:

Tirzah's arrival.

Tirzah being moved temporarily to the Warders Yard, to break her block.

Let me know if you're interested. :)

-Tirzah

Sure!

I figured if I had more than one reply to this that I'd ask all those who asked to be my roomie if they wanted to be a part of my arrival rp before I got to the MON. 

If you're up for that I'll let you know when I am able to start rp'ing.  ;D

Here's a peak at my bio (not yet approved though so changes may occur) ... I kept it simple so I know it doesn't include a great deal of intimate details but it should give you a generalized picture of a simple & kind farm girl from the borderlands.

---

Character Information

Name:  Miya Kiyoshi    [ MY-ya  KEY-YO-she ]

Nationality:  Arafellin

Appearance

Hair:  Blonde, kept in a multitude of braids a few of which have copper bells at their ends.

Eyes:  Large brown eyes.

Skin:  Caucasian

Height:  Short (1 span, 2 feet, 1 hand)

Voice:  A melodious voice when singing and storytelling, might have made a good gleeman actually, but as she gets excitable her voice increases in volume sometimes without her even noticing she's doing so. 

Optional

Special Skills:  A talented singer and fabricator of stories, known to entertain local children with fantastic stories she created on the spot.  Also, very experienced in basic "women's duties" ... housework, mending, laundry, cooking etc.  Able to ride horses and enjoys doing so very much. 

Knowledge Weakness:  Despite her love of stories she's actually unable to read or do more than the very basic mathmatics due to a focus on her farm and family life rather than higher education (which was unavailable in her area of the country.)   

Physical Weakness:  Miya is shorter than some of her peers and so is forced to make up for her lack of stature in sometimes "colorful" acts of personality.  (read: mischief)

Personality Weakness :  When asked to share her opinions she, like many of her country, will do so freely often ending in hard feelings instead of the desired response of pleasure over her blunt honesty.

Personality

Miya is generally a very friendly person, reaching out to others often before they do her.  Quick to laugh and share a story but also to seek adventures great and small, a habit that has landed her in trouble a few times and danger at least once.  Miya has a big heart and is easily wounded by those she brings close to her.  She has a hard time understanding the desire to hurt others and so even her mischief is rarely mean-spirited.  When she is hurt though, she seldom lashes back and instead pulls inward seeking quiet and solitude to heal.  A true Arafellin she most definately holds true to what Southerners spitefully call "Blasted Arafellin Honor" a sense of honor which dictates one always speak their mind freely when asked and to repay debts and obligations as quickly as possible.

History

Miya was born on a small farm in the village of Tifan's Well in the nation of Arafel.  She is the only daughter of Kyril and his wife Samitsu.  Miya also has a younger brother named Paitar.  Miya's life was a fairly typical life of a farmer's daughter.  Most of her days were spent with her mother learning the "womanly arts" and those that weren't were spent with children from neighboring farms exploring the vast plains in which they lived, just past the shadows of the mountains and near the great river's edge... a river that would one day take her to her destiny in Tar Valon. 

Two retired Aes Sedai happen to come into the village shortly after her fifteenth name day and detected her potential.  That same night they were at her home when she returned from play, after a long private talk with her parents, they left.  The following week her parents arranged for her to travel with a merchant caravan to the river where a boat would take her down the river and back up another branch of it to the White Tower. 

While Miya's past seems plain and largely uneventful, she is certain her future holds something far more exciting and worthy of great epic gleeman's tales.  After all, not every girl gets to travel to the White Tower and learn the "wonderous secrets of the legendary Aes Sedai." 

Guest Arie Ronshor

It's a very pretty Bio! Looks like you know what you are doing. Have you RP'd before?

Welcome to Dragonmount! I added you to the WT Usergroup so you should be able to see a few more boards and the N&A Quarters. Be sure to hint at a few Raising Req's that might interest you. (We are in the middle of a little 'leeway' on the Req's but it is only until January 1st.)

If you need anything, my contact information is in my profile.

Andrea

WT DL

Yea I've RP'd before both offline (table-top gaming) and here at DM.  Now before everyone asks who I am I'd like to simply state that I'm coming in with this new character to try and rp with some of you I've never met before and some old friends who I've missed. 

Since finding out I'm expecting and clearing out some old hobbies from my list of distractions from my online rp experience, I'm hoping to slip quietly back into this hobby and find it fits as well as it once did.

So often it's hard to break out of circles of friends on an rp site and get new experiences; sometimes it seems only a clean slate will help you do that.  So that's what I'm shooting for here. 

Ideally, if I'm able to stay faithful to posting (crosses fingers) and find my RP mojo again then I'll pull back the curtain on my previous identities, but for now I'm asking that everyone treat me like all other new novices and just have fun with me.  Maybe in time I'll get back into playing old characters but for now I'd like to just focus on this new project without old bagage and expectations of rp stylings etc.

BTW, thank you for the welcome, Arie!  I'm already feeling at home.

Guest Arie Ronshor

We all break away from from hobbies and habits when there is a need. Light knows I've done it over the years. :)

Your Welcome. Congrats on the Baby (btw).