DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You're about to be executed...

JenniferL

I'm with you Sham!  Deep Fry me up!!!!!

I'd take the chicken fried steak with gravy, fried yellow squash, fried okra and fresh green beans cooked with onions, and cheesey green beans with onions, mushrooms and bacon.

Crap!  Now I'm hungry for all of this!

One drink won’t, but a friend of mine learned the hard way that “less alcohol” does not mean NO alcohol. I recommended Bailey’s and Butterscotch schnapps to this friend saying, “Oh, you can drink this all night. It doesn’t really have much alcohol in it” This guy usually has 3 drinks over 4 hours. Nobody’s getting drunk off even moonshine in that time. What I didn’t count on was he drank the two BOTTLES while watching a football game, and got hammered! I felt so bad, but I never imagined he would put that much away!! :o

Well butter  my buns and call me a buscuit!!

Never heard of fried pickles, but sounds heavenly. Have had fried oreos, and they are awesome!

Men, liking the sound of the cheesey green beans!! Maybe there is a recipe??

There is a recipe and I'll have to hunt it down.  My sister is making the dish for Turkey day, so if I don't find it before I head out to her place tomorrow, I'll snag it from her and post it.  It's Goooood!

And for the fried pickles, the batter is a mixture of cornmeal and flour (I eyeball it, but I think I do half and half) with some Tony Chacheries cajun seasoning mixed in (or if you can't find it, garlic salt, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper).  Mix all that up together.  Dredge the pickles in a milk and beaten egg mixture then dredge in the batter and deep fry until browned.  You'll have to do some test pickles to figure out how  hot the oil needs to be because I have no idea what the correct temp is.  I just throw em in and test one pickle from every batch, adjusting temp as I go if need be. 

I'd go for anything and everything dairy that I can't actually eat because I'm allergic to it...but I crave it!  So, I'd take some ice cream, a fewl large glasses of milk, tons and tons of cottage cheese (with pineapples), and just because I adore it, a bowl of chicken alfredo.  Oh, and to wash it down, a nice glass of mountain dew...perhaps even the livewire version!

I am feeling your pain, though I’m allergic to the milk itself, so Lactaid is no friend of mine. But I LOVE milk/dairy, I just hate the way I feel later.

What is totally unfair? I have a friend that hates milk, but has no physical problems with it. She looks at it with disgust (doesn't even want any with her cookies :o), and I look at with with longing akin to what an Aes Sedai feels in the stedding. Super unfair!!

People like that aggravate me SO much!  I sit there and long for it, wishing I could have it because I try to eat as little as possible despite the fact that I can handle it with a few lactaids.  *sighs*  I miss the days when I could eat dairy products without worrying...I can still have cheese and yogurt, but thats only because they still have the bacteria...isn't that lovely?

DSage, maybe you should join me for Christmas dinner this year. When I get together with my parents and sister, we always have steak, and if my dad got the chance to go to the Keys, we’ll have lobster (losber, I’ve always called it :P). And my preferred won’t-get-too-drunk drink is a screwdriver.

Jean: at least those don’t bother you. I have to balance mine out. If I have a bowl of cereal in the morning, I can’t have yogurt for desert later. If I have macaroni and cheese for lunch, I better not have any milk with my cookies. If I limit myself to one (or less) “serving” of dairy/day I’m fine. I can even get away with drinking one glass of milk 2 days in a row, but that 3rd day....look out! :o

I have yet to discover a limit as to how much of those two things I can eat...but those are the two things I never craved!  I miss ice cream, milk and cottage cheese....we have cottage cheese in the fridge right now and I swear it is calling my name, lol!

A slow-roasted duck and some dirty rice.

And some deep fried oreos. Never had that, or heard of it before, but it sounds delicious.

Breaded and deepfried cauliflower and brocolli? Now there's a way of cooking vegetables I can get on board with.

I go with soy juice. I find it good. Better than skim milk, but not close to being as good as two percent. And with cereal it adds just the right amount of flavor to complement most cereals.

Soy juice does taste very different brand to brand though. Silk is disgusting, but West Soy is very good, if you just get the regular kind.

I can eat all other kinds of dairy products, oddly enough. It's just milk I can't handle.

Zachary, I'm pretty sure the State Faire of Texas has deep fried Oreos.  We deep fry Coke, for cryin' out loud.  I will say, though, the deep fried twinkies aren't all they're cracked up to be.

And breaded and deep fried broccoli is Good.  I have it at an Indian buffet from time to time. 

So see, y'all, Southerners didn't decide to fry everything.  We just perfected the art alongside the asians.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived