DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You're about to be executed...

JenniferL

I saw this posted in a blog yesterday and thought it was an awesome question.  I've got to think about mine before I post it though.

You're about to be executed in three hours. What's your last meal? Let's throw the following criteria in place, given that this is a prison on a budget:

1) You cannot order out, unless it's someplace that's everywhere like McDonald's or Pizza Hut. The prison isn't going to pay FedEx to have those White Castle burgers flown in, sorry.

2) The food will be prepared by a competent, if uninspired, cafeteria staff. I am told that the cooks in prison pride themselves in getting their last meals right, so anticipate a good effort, but if you can't tolerate a Beef Wellington where the crust is soggy you might want to try again.

3) There is a reasonable budget cap. I'm sure you're all clever asking for diced panda in black truffle sauce, but that just means your last meal will consist of an empty plate. They'll try to be nice, but come on. You're a convicted felon.

4) If you're deadly allergic to something, they'll probably know. Sadly, you can't cheat the prison reaper.

So. With that in mind, what will you order?

No joke, I went to a small college in central Georgia for a few years. We're talkin' DEEP south here. The cafeteria breaded  and deep fried the califlower and brocoli. It was horrifying, even for me.

That smiley really does sum it up well........ blegh!

Hmm, last meal. Stir fried chicken with cashew nuts/etc., peanut sauce...whatevah. For dessert I'd have some really nice (I would hope) chocolate ice cream with chopped peanuts and Bailey's on it. And a really nice cup of tea at the end. One of those thirst-quenching cups of tea. mMm now I want a cup of tea.

Of course, the cup of tea might be crappy in prison..........

I would never order a meal that I truly loved. A wonderful meal perhaps, but not any favourite of mine. Why? I'd hate for my last memory of my favourite dish to be spoiled by prison cooks who don't know how to do it right.

Chicken Fried Steak, Red Beans and Rice, Cornbread, Greens, Sweet Iced Tea, and a Pecan Pie

Strike the Red Beans and Rice, Cornbread, & Greens.

Replace with Rice & brown gravy, Green Beans and buscuits.

You people just don't know good viddles!

Mother, I happen to be from further south than "deep south", so where can I find the deep fried brocoli?? Sounds yummy!

Guest Far Dareis Mai

Grilled Roast Beef, Corn on the Cob, a loaded baked potato and some sweet sun tea. Dessert would be a nice strawberry cheesecake.

-OR-

My family's classic Thanksgiving Dinner: Turkey, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Stuffing, Candied Yams, Green Bean Casserole, pumpkin pie, etc.

Hmmm, I'd go with some chicken, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, corn on the cob, and a Mountain Dew.  With that I'd die with a smile on my face.  That is if dieing with a smile on your face is in fact possible.  You see it a lot in movies and stuff but I don't know if I've ever heard of it actually happening.  Has there ever been a record of this?  Ah well, that’s another question…

No joke, I went to a small college in central Georgia for a few years. We're talkin' DEEP south here. The cafeteria breaded  and deep fried the califlower and brocoli. It was horrifying, even for me.

So Deep Fried Pickles are out for you Mother?

I forgot the Fried Okra. Slap me and call me late for dinner..

Actually, I LOVE fried pickles. There's a sandwich shop here called "The Fickle Pickle". It's in the historic part of Roswell, in an old Victorian house. They do a fried pickle chip basket with a spicy mayo dip that's to die for. It's one of my favorite places to go grab lunch when I'm out shopping.

Archived