DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Really? WTF?

I haet global climate change!  It is October 18th!!!  Why do I have to run the air conditioning in my car on the way home from work?  WHY did the air conditioning in my house just come on?

I want to be wearing sweaters and eating hearty stews with warm crusty bread!!!  Not sweating!  In October!!!

And some rain would be nice... we're about to go on water rationing!

We have been in a drought for 13 years now, maybe 14, can't quite remember. Anyway, it is also hotter then usual most days. Yes, global warming is a factor I am sure. Once enough of the polar ice caps melt and the jet stream gets too much fresh water it should cool down nicely here. Of course we are talking ice age cold. Where I am in Arizona I am lucky to have a week when I can wear my sweaters.

I know, the weather is crazy lately. They're talking water rationing here in Georgia.

Incidentally, I found this awesome site on google just a minute ago.  You can buy carbon offsets to reduce the amount of overall carbon being emitted each year. I wanted to do it to offset our plane trip to Texas for Thanksgiving. It's WAY cheaper than I thought! Less than twenty bucks for both of us to purchase 6,000 miles worth of carbon. That'll offset every trip we've taken in the past three years, i think.

http://www.carbonfund.org/

Thank you for posting that Mother. That is a neat site.

We switched to those light bulbs years ago and you know we love them. It is nice to know that we can make small changes that over the amount of time can make a big change. I just wish our town recycled.

Since I get on a lot of planes too, I feel the pull of that website Kat.

Global warming does indeed suck. We are always on water rationing here. This year amazingly, we aren't as bad as over in the eastern states. Woah! That's a first from what I can remember anyway.

It's water restrictions all 'round, though!

Heat in October is nothing new around here :P Where do you live? The only change I've noticed so far is that this past summer seemed wetter than usual, but it's not like I've done any statistical analysis on it or anything. It may just be my perception.

well i hate to break the news to everyone, but global warming is not caused by humans, it is a cycle that the earth goes through all on its own. Don't believe me, that's fine. all i ask of you is to google  global warming hoax  and you will see what i am talking about

well i hate to break the news to everyone, but global warming is not caused by humans, it is a cycle that the earth goes through all on its own. Don't believe me, that's fine. all i ask of you is to google  global warming hoax  and you will see what i am talking about

I think it's a bit of both... but you are right on that - the earth does go through cycles, and us little insects scrambling on the surface don't have nearly the damage as we think we do ::weg::

To quote one of my friends in west Texas this winter - "Global warming, my ass."  Texas has recieved unusually high levels of both snow and rainfall this year, and she wasn't happy with getting snowed on so much :D  So yeah... it's a bit hotter here, and bit colder there.. and regardless, I'm in England in the 50s and freezing :D

It has started to turn chilly here in the UK, especially in the last few days. We're probably goning to have a cold and horrible winter, just to follow on from our wet and miserable summer - I happened to live on the edge of the area affected by the terrible floods in July.

Just brilliant.

Stupid weather.

Samewise, Corki - I live in Bedford.... and thankfully despite the river running through town, we're pretty low-risk for floods.

If it snows this year in the UK (which it probably will do), it will be interesting to see if it snows here in London like it did last year. I never ever thought I would see snow here while I studied in London. I'm used to it back home in Wales, but London!?!? And it also showed how we couldn't cope with extreme weather!

Sometimes I wonder why I'm so into global warming and that stuff. We will get French climate here eventually, just recently a few brave soulds started to grow grapes, so there are now locally produced wine here, which was impossible just five years ago.

But then, as the sea level rises, we will lose a good chunk of our coastline, especially since most of that coast is sand. And that kinda sucks. And the floodings we got this summer was quite nasty.

So I would rather get my French climate by moving to France. Unfortunatly, it's a bit too late to turn the climate change around, all we can hope to achieve is slowing it down. But even that is an important goal to strive for.

The summer this year was a bad one. Cold and rainy, except for when I was at work of course, then it was sunny and hot. This autumn has been a good one so far, but now I want winter. A real winter, not like last year when the snow didn't come until sometime in December. As a comparison, some ten years ago the snow would come in late October or something like that, and not melt away after a few days.

I live in the northern parts of Sweden.

Archived