DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm exhausted...

JenniferL

I teach, right? Ya'll know that. One thing you may not know is that I teach special needs students. Nothing crazy, just mild to moderate learning disabilities.  Lots of dyslexia, ADD/HD, a couple with Tourette's or OCD. 

Anyways, the majority of the students earned a BIG, fat, honking reward this week, so we took them to the Georgia National Fair, which is about three hours away. I had to be on campus at the time I'm normally rolling out of bed, that's how big this was. 

So I've spent my day shepherding around a group of very hyperactive, impulsive boys, in a place with MANY bright lights and pretty colors.  There was a point where my group was literally running around in circles on the Midway, unable to decide what to do next.

Also, two of them won goldfish by playing those creepy rigged carny games. Guess who got to hold the fish while they rode the roller coasters?

Did I mention it was a three hour bus ride, both ways? Luckily I had two decks of "Star Wars" playing cards for them to muck about with.

So yes, if you need anything from me tonight, it's not happening. I barely have the mental resources to type this out right now, much less sort mod rights or anything complicated.

*dies*

I'm just glad I wasn't sitting next to my Tourette's kid on the bus. It's not like in the media, where the cute kid randomly screams unspeakable filth. No, that would be wacky good fun.  His tic is to hock up a loogie and then swallow it. Repeatedly. And if anyone draw attention to it, it gets worse.

So uh, yeah.

Guest nephitess

*sets up a hot tub and a massuse*

*orders the massuse to take care of mother*

There you go Mummsie...enjoy and relax ;)

At least today was quiet.  All my classes were testing today. But I got saddled with an shadow from Kennesaw State who thinks she wants to be a middle school social studies teacher so I didn't get much planning.  I'll have another one next week.

Ah well. I suppose they wouldn't put these people in my classroom if they didn't think I was worth watching.

You all will be happy to know that the poor fishies survived the night.  The kids seemed surprised that I'd ask.  I can't believe they managed after being carried around in plastic baggies by excited teenagers in 80 degree weather all day, but I guess gold fish are hardier than I thought.

They live through anything. i suspect that if you flush them live, they would live ;D

Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt...with a prize-winning goldfish as well!

And if you look after goldfish well, they are fairly hardy...they can even live for more than 10 years.

Archived