DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which Ajah are you and why?

Reile

I have found over the years that anything you say about any Ajah can be said about all Ajahs...however, what one Ajah takes on as its main point, perhaps another Ajah just has a streak of. Still...the lines are blurry. Well, maybe not for Kat or Jade... *g*

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, time to counter this flood of bbg's :p

IRL: I'm most definately a mix between Blue, Green and Red. The Blue part being that once I have my mind set on a cause I don't let off till I get there and the Green part being that I'll fight like a madwoman against anything standing in my way while the Red side gives me the strength to do what must be done despite vast numbers of opposition or the thing needing to be done being unpopular.

on DM: I'm a Red because it was the Ajah I felt most at home at, with the people I felt most affiliated with as equal minded on things that I hold dear myself. Independence, strange (sometimes ironical/morbid) sense of humor, strong willed, open to others' opinions while still standing firm behind one's own.

In Randland: I'd prolly be a Green with a strong Blue streak, though too hotheaded to be a Blue completely. My big idol in the books on the AS side is Cadsuane, with Moiraine being a close second.

I have skills at hurting people and healing people^^

since less legal issues these days with healing people I went with being a nurse/doctor myself as well^^

mind I said less, not none :P

...does it scare anyone else that my favorite forsaken is Semirhage or just me?

And I'm yellow/black irl^^ but definantly a warder here^^

When I first came to DM, I was befriended by a Blue, and my mentor was Blue (I think I was infected by a Niabite sometime around my second month here :P). I tried to visit the other Ajahs, being mostly interested in not only the Blue, but the Brown, White, and Green as well. But I had it all wrong. I was still under the impression that it was based on the book perception of the Ajahs, and those are the parts I have in real life. I took a long LOA just after being raised Accepted, and when I came back I went straight to the Blue offsite boards. So after being poked and prodded by Nia into at least giving the other Ajahs a chance, I still felt I belonged best with my diverse, online, blueberry family, and officially declared for BLUE!

I have RPed as a Blue, though not much, and am developing a Brown. She’s still in the works.

Blue for my love of secrets. I love to be the hub of information (maybe why I’m so good as a receptionist?). Knowing the behind the scenes info, and how all things come out connected in the end is like a big puzzle for me. I can sympathize with Siuan there.

Brown for my love of learning and trying to catalogue things in my head. Also, I have extreme “Ohh, shiny!!” disease.

White for my love of mathematics and all things logical. I think that’s why I suck at spelling and am great at math...English spelling has absolutely NO logic.

Green for my love of men. I love men, and I was THE flirter in my day. I can still flirt with the best, just not as enthusiastically as in the past, and I would have to be a Green to marry my Warder, right?

Well I think I should resist this topic till i'm raised Accepted but I can't help it. LOL Mother funny you should mention you teach history, that's my major in school *laughs* Anyway

IRL I am VERY Green just ask Jade LOL The only drawback is I have some kind of disorder that makes me afraid of people. So to walk out my door every morning is a major fight. School thank god offers classes online so I only have to be on campus for a bit everyday and i'm okay with that. LOL

Let's see here well i'm not allowed to declare yet but i'm sure you can guess which way i'll go. *laughs* I've been Rping and doing the community thing for a long time now and i'm always Green, i've played the Ammy, the Keeper and the MoN (the MoN being my fav job. I know most people want to be the Amrylin but I've never wanted to do that job LOL the members of my site MADE me do it. *laughs* how very Aes Sedai of them.) i'm always raised from the Green Ajah *laughs* My sister is tired of making me siggys that say Green Ajah LOL I rped as a Blue once and she ended up being stilled and then healed and switching Ajahs *laughs*

Sometimes you just can't help yourself *G* I had a character once who I wanted to make a Brown...she never made it past Accepted. She wasn't boring really, I just didn't have the heart.

I have played a Red though and she was very cool. But then again she didn't last long either. ;) It was at a time when I wasn't really RPing much anyway though (which was still way more than I am RPing right now *S*).

I've always been a Green for the most part, too - since 2000!

On DM, I always played a Green. Almost made Laddy a White.. but she's too emotional. I played a White on another site LONG ago.. and um.. a Yellow on an email group. But those never lasted long.

And I'd be a Red.

I'm a huge feminist. I don't hate men. I hate gender roles and societal standards for women. This could (literally) go on for many paragraphs. I'll spare you.

I'm a huge feminist. I don't hate men. I hate gender roles and societal standards for women. This could (literally) go on for many paragraphs. I'll spare you.

As could I.  Gender is all a performative and simulacra.  Thank you Judith Butler and Jacques Derrida!

Knew those English theory courses would pay off someday. ;)

As could I.  Gender is all a performative and simulacra.  Thank you Judith Butler and Jacques Derrida!

Knew those English theory courses would pay off someday. ;)

Okay, okay. I tried. Can't contain... *splodes*

*stands up and applauds* Exactly.. Gender is all really fluid anyway, so setting a defined list of tasks per one's biological gender is ridiculous. What sense does it make to really try and stuff anyone into a given category based on what gender they were born into?

Yes, we've made progress on women's roles. But, a lot of antiquated beliefs still run rampant. My gender doesn't make me any less intelligent or any less able to run an show.. I hope Hillary gets a fair shot of being president. I hope more women invade places of power. They rule by emotion and logic. A healthy combination. Now I want to read some feminist prose, drink some Vermouth, smoke a clove, beat some bongos and rant about a male driven world. Oh wait.. I'm half-way there.

And now I'll stop. I didn't mean to hijack this into a PSA for feminism.

I'm a huge feminist. I don't hate men. I hate gender roles and societal standards for women
... Amen ! My sentiments exactly.

That's one the major reasons I chose Red here on DM.

I'm adding another question here: Why did I choose to be an Aes Sedai ?

I love men, love flirting and playing with them, but they are for "play time", ie when there is NOT:

a) Work to be done

b) A good book to be read or an interesting program about nature, animals, history, the mating rituals of the 3 toed fruit bat of Outer Mongolia, etc on TV

RP: I was going to go Green. Honest. I got shoved into being a Red HoA.  Didn't want it. If anyone tries to take it away from me, she'll be squealing for mercy down a dark hole.  ;D

IRL: Difficult.  Like most people who have posted here, I have a bit of everything in me. I will concentrate on what I actually DO, as opposed to where my interests lie:

I used to be an archivist (with the Library as my main task) - so no brainer there: BROWN  :D

Now I'm a rental administrator: I do all the Admin work (BROWN) but I also hunt down tenants who don't pay (darkfriends, all !) - I have to be a tough cookie, and I actually have a bodyguard LOL - so: either GREEN or RED.

If I was living in Randland:  I love history, philosophy, mathematics, logic games, etc. If people argue, I'm the first to step in to mediate, but I have no patience - I'll tell you once - if you don't listen, I'll smack you upside the ear.  I don't have time for fools. I am a "seeker after causes": I'm passionate about nature and animals, and the role politicians are playing in ruining our planet. I purely HATE darkfriends ! I would have no problem whatsoever about blasting them to little pieces.

I think, in the end, it would sway towards GREEN (if pre book 10), or maybe RED (if book 10 onwards).

ps: sorry about the long post, but this one of the things I love about DM - it makes me re-evaluate myself.

Guest Arie Ronshor

*coughs... glances around*

*breaths in*

MEN MAKE GREAT PETS!!

*ggls*

*runs out*

Green moment. :) :D

Gender roles are teh sux0r.

Though honestly, I think the men have it just as bad as the women.  I see the flack my husband gets for not "putting me in my place".  Apparently, I'm running wild.  ;D

::ties Loreina up, drags her to the Brown boards, sits on her, and commands her to make with the social::

Just sayin' ;)

::pulls thread back on course::

Lesse... in real life?  My mother told me from the second I picked up the books I was a Brown.  I denied her and tried to claim Blue... upon finding Dragonmount, I sort of had to own up to my Brown ways.  As I've aged, I've found that my White streak is almost as wide as my Brown - I love to know everything I can, and find it only logical for that to be the case... how can you make a decision about anything unless you're fully informed?  I'd also say that I have noticable Yellow, Gray, and Blue streaks - I mentor to heal, and it's sort of my personal Cause in life.

At Dragonmount?  Brown.. very Brown.  As Ihsara said earlier in the thread - we've all got some sort of weird mind-meld going, and as others have said?  It's totally my family (and am honored to get to be the step-matriarch!).  When I joined as a wee little newblette in 2001, I sort of forced Sabine (the then-MoNster) to have me listed as a Brown Novice 'cause I was that fervent about my Brownie ways (one can't do that now, but I think that 6 and a half years shows that I picked correctly for me!).  I do have some minor White Sister characters in development on the RP side, but I still have my first and most-loved Brownie character :)

In Randland?  It's such a hard call.  I could see myself going either Brown, White, or Blue, and I don't think I could tell you which way I'd truly end up.

The muffled sounds coming from behind the duct tape over her mouth are weak, but clear. "But I want to be with Jhae and Jade and Cleo and Tay and Elgee and Nae and Tig and Mystica and Vemy and Barm and Calyn and Min and Bes and DSage and and and, Light! I know I'm leaving someone out, but I can't think straight... ". Exhausted from the effort to speak with such a weight upon her, Lorei, Accepted of the WT, begins to slip in and out of consciousness. In one of her more lucid moments she whimpers pitifully, "I'm social!" But alas, no one hears. Is this the end of Lorei? Will the Brown Ajah succeed in its nefarious attempt? Or will her Blue Mentor arrive in time to save the day? Tune in next week, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel, for the exciting conclusion to "Brown Bear Boogie" or "On Blueberry Hill".   :D

:D

;D ;D

*huggles her mentor* Thanks Jhae! Thanks Andrea! Whew! That was ... interesting. I shall have to catalog that experience for my encyclopedia.

MMmmm blueberry muffin ... yummy ...

*sighs*

*limps over to the Brown Ajah board*

:)

Archived