DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which Ajah are you and why?

Reile

Hi all :)  I am a quasi-new/oldbie.  Nice to meet those of you I haven't met and hello again to those of you I know ;)

Anyway, this question was asked (in a MUCH different way) at another board I frequent.  So I thought I would change it to WOT style and see what kind of answers I get. 

In the orgs, which Ajah are you and why?  If you RP, why did you put your character in a particular ajah or are aspiring to one?  And in life (if life was in Randland) which Ajah would you be in or are aspiring to?  Why did you choose it?  And are you happy with your choice?

Before, my character was a Gray because I got suckered into it by a friend.  It was kind of a reach for me, but I enjoyed RPing a gray.  In life, I ended up in Yellow.  I am an RN.  I never thought I would be there.  I originally did it for the money and am now totally loving it.  I really have a great feeling about myself at the end of the day.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Reile! I've heard a lot about you. Welcome back  :D

Well I went Blue because it's where I felt most at home. Those smutty, friendly, crazy folk I call my ajah give me a fuzzy cosy feeling. I feel like I belong there. I like a lot of people in the other ajahs but the Blues are where I slotted in best. They're my family. I felt the most welcome there when I joined and still do three and a half years on :)

In RL though, I'd probably be gray. I tend to be the Mediator within my friendship circle and I'm always looking for a compromise. :)

I'm honestly not sure what I would be in real life. I mean, for one thing I always fight for what I believe in, but that doesn't necessarily mean being out on the literal battle field. In fact, I'd sooner die than join the military. It's just my morals that get in the way, you see. On the other hand, I have certain ethics and morals that I will defend to the death, at least verbally. So I dunno, in some ways I am very Greenie, and in other ways not.

I am partly Yellowy, but also Grey-y, in that I try to fix stuff. I do this less than I used to, because I found I couldn't handle failing all the time. :P I tried to make everybody love everybody, but it just didn't work. *g*

I am obviously partly Brown, since I'm a librarian and love reading and all that. I don't really know how the Browns define themselves these days, but the idea I have of Browns does suit me quite a bit. Still, I think I have more of a vehemently defined ideal that I try to defend every day, even if I'm just defending it in my own mind. *g*

This probably wasn't a good answer...

I've answered this question many times in the past at DM, so this is just my latest version.

Well, fighting for what you believe in (their Causes - and not on a battlefield) is a Blue thing, Taya...  :D   So maybe you'd fit there. 

Hiya Reile... I remember you...  welcome back...  :)

Well, when I RPed, I was going to go Brown or maybe Yellow, but Lasir and Joram both said I was a Blue.  In the RP I was very involved with the Dragon at the time (in more ways than one *cough*), so it fit.

In real life, I'm not so sure.  I tend to be the mediator with friends a lot too (like Nia said about herself)... so maybe Gray?  I love to travel, which is sort of a Blue thing.  I like to read and sometimes research if I'm passionate about the subject, so that's Brown.

I stayed Blue when I came back (and the Blue Ajah I knew was all Community now) and it's a good fit.  We're not exactly like the books, but that's fine.  They're all wonderful, crazy, smutty and I'm glad to be there...   :D

I don't RP but if I did, I'd either be Blue or Brown.

On the community side, I went Blue because I just belonged there.  It's a good fit for me, though I certainly enjoyed (and still do) interacting with other Ajahs. 

Guest Far Dareis Mai

In real life, at this stage in my life, I'm very much a Blue/Brown. But I also think that it changes as a a person changes. Five years ago I would say that I was Green to the core, and a few years before that I would have been 100% Brown.

Here, I'm a Greenie. I like the people, I like what we do, and as a Novice and Accepted it was the first place I would check when I logged in. :D

In RL, I'm mostly Brown. I love to read and such. I'm so lazy. lol

On here, I'm a Yellow. Why? Because the yellows have a special kind of crazy(since we are all crazy heer) that I just love. It's like home. *snuggles Momma Nyn)

In RP, I'm just a novice because I just started this week. But according to what my character is like, I predict she will be Brown, Gray, or White.

You're posting on the White Tower board! YAY! =)

When I first joined DM I went Gray for the roleplay because that's what I felt was most me. *snuggles former mentor and fellow Ajah-member* *g* Then after the split I went Blue, not necessarily because I'm such a Blue irl (though there are definitely some traits) but because those were the people I felt I fit in with the most.

And now, of course, I'm supposed to be un-affiliated, but my heart is still quite a bit with the Blues. But that's what happens when you're best friend is the Head, I suppose :P

Guest nephitess

IRL i'm totally a brown. I love to read, learn and do quite things. Though my attitude is very much reddie. LOL...*whips the Boys* LOL

In RP my main Char is undecided....i think i may wait on a certian RP approval before i have her choose.

In real life, I think I'm a mix between Brown and White, possibly with a streak of Yellow.  Brown because of my love of books and knowledge, White because I tend to be logical, and Yellow because I do plan on working in healthcare as a medical physicist.

Org-wise, I'm Brown because... well, because it felt like home.  :)

In Real Life, I've been most of them at some time or other in my actions. I was always the mediator in my family, the balance scales (grey). At the tender age of 13 I came under the influence of a Vulcan mind-meld and was ever after most logical (white). I served in the military for 20 years (green). As the Matriarch of my family, I am nurse, doctor, diagnotician, and Healer (Yellow), and I have in times past championed many causes (blue). I have been going to school off and on all of my life (I have enough grade slips to paper a small wall) (brown). The only one left is red, and for a while I did consider trying to join the FBI crime lab to hunt male serial killers, but decided not to. But as for personality wise, I am so Brown it is pathetic. My favorite parts of Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Rogers were the videos on how things were made/manufactured. I wished Mr. Wizard was my father. I <3 Bill Nye the Science Guy. When I die, I shall be studying the whole process and taking notes....

In Rand Land, I would have gone green.   

In the Org, I haven't yet decided on an Ajah. Maybe next month.  ;D

I am just a White. My friends laugh and point and say "Del, that was so White / You're such a White." So I shrugged my shoulders and applied to the Whites. I figured it was the logical thing to do. :P

I also really love Philosophy, Religions, and a good debate. ;)

Guest Arie Ronshor

I am of all Ajahs and yet of none.. :|

No, i don't have a stole.. (on this site. :P)

I've RPd in every Ajah, mostly by for the challenge to my writing skills. My favorites being Arie - Green, Maegan & Eriya - Red, Juliana - Blue, Suan - Yellow. Each with different qualities that not only define the natural definition of the Ajah, but also enough aspect to them to rise above it.

I fit in nearly any Ajah. Green was the one place I felt the most home with (as my two Souvra's are Green) and Taya finally dragged me back to the COMM side Via the Green Offsite board. I'm Head of the Blue on one site, Head of the Red on the RP side of DM. I've been Keeper twice, Amyrlin via NPC 3 times (I never have the luck for getting it PC :().

So, as for Ajah? Depends on my Character. They choose for me (My Red was intended for Brown, but she went against my wishes :P) And for Ooc/Comm is where i feel most at home, not just because of the colour.

Hence, I'm of all Ajah's, yet none. :)

I'm a White on this site for two main reasons.  The first is that my personality is more White than anything else.  I'm extremely logical and have excellent analytical skills.  I am obsessed with philosophy, psychology, science, and religion.  I prefer to think about the bigger questions instead of mundane things or trivial knowledge.  The second is that I felt I fit in the best with the Whites on this site.  My Ajah really does feel like home.

In RL, I am mostly White, but also have vast streaks of Brown (I love reading and learning new things), Yellow (I heal others through psychotherapy), and Blue (there are a couple of causes that I fight for with great passion).  My field also requires me to have some Gray skills, but outside of my field I really don't like to get involved with conflict.

Okay, irl I am several Ajahs to be honest, mostly Green, Blue, Yellow, Grey and Brown.  If I lived in Randland I would be Green like I am here. I am willing to defend what I hold dear to me. Not necessary attack, but rather defend. I am also too flirty not to be green.

Here I just found my home among the Greens. I also felt really drawn to the Blues and Yellows. I find myself constantly thinking about how Green I truly am. Jade and Cleo will agree that I am very much Green through and through. *grin*

I hadn't thought of that Jhae - and also, I travel a LOT and it's a passion. Then again, my characters have always been travellers, regardless of Ajah. :D

I also forgot that I am totally logical (how logical is it to forget that? *LOL*). I am logical enough to know that anything is possible - does that make sense? I think so! *G*

I forgot to mention my character in my first post. When I joined DM it was RP and Comm together, and we could only choose one Ajah across the board. Taya thought briefly of going Yellow, but Green was the Ajah that called to her deep down inside. She started out a fighter of the obnoxious sort, fighting for her own rights as a middling "noble". hehe. But when she got whipped into shape it turned out she still had a stubborn, fighting streak. She was in essence a Battle Yellow, but the battle part was more overpowering than anything.

The reason I personally was drawn towards the Greens at the time was that Lanfir was Head, and Ryell, Ladria and other legendary Greenies were around. I was in total awe of the Ajah but knew I had to beg to be included anyway. :D

Welcome back!!

Like Taya, in the past I've answered this question many times so this is just my thoughts on it now.

On the site, I'm Brown because Browns feel like family to me. I'm always welcome no matter how long I've been away. I think we all have some sort of mental link; there's just some bonding quality there. We are different but it's all those differences that make us even closer as an Ajah. And well, who could resist chocolate?  ;)

IRL, I think I'd be a combination of Brown and Grey; these days maybe some White in there, too.

I'm so Brown it hurts sometimes. *lol*

I teach history. I know lots of obscure trivia. I frequently lose my train of thought and get distracted easily. I like learning.I usually have ink smudged all over my hands at the end of the day. (It's a mix of the Sharpie pen I write with and white board marker.) When I first read the description of a Brown (way back when I was in junior high) I knew it was me.

I have developed over time a Blue streak, with regards to administration. But Brown is what I am. I can't help it.

As for here at DM, I honestly couldn't pick one over the other. I'm a very lucky person in that I get to be a member of all the Ajahs. All of them have felt like home to me at one point or another, sometimes multiple Ajahs at once.

Well, I am pretty new to the Ajah but here I am a Blue.  I sort of laughed when it happened because it took me a while to decide but once I did it was so obvious, really.  I just really fit in with the Blues here, they are zany and fun and have a good sense of humor that just fits mine.  It clicked.  Of course, I loved every Ajah so it was so tough to ultimately decide but I have not regretted my choice.  I heart my Ajah! <3

I thought it doubly funny because my first RP char ever (not at DM, we're talking almost 10 years ago at another site) was a Blue Ajah character and I probably would choose the Ajah for myself.  When I joined, I purposefully kept an open mind and spent time with all Ajahs so I find it hilarious that I ended up right back where I started.  I have always thought of myself as a champion of causes and have liked the flexibility the Blue Ajah offers as it's purpose is less specific than the other Ajahs.  I'm too pacifistic for Greens and my methods are, admittedly, more Blue or even Grey than Green, I'm too squeamish for Yellow, and too illogical for White.  I love books and learning but the idea of being a Brown IRL wouldn't excite me because I love getting involved in the world and could never give that up.  I guess it would come down to Blue and Grey in the end and I see myself fitting in more with the Blues.  No, I am not a man-hating book Red, hee.  But I DO love the DM Reds tons! *huggles them*

Overall, I have personality traits of many of the Ajahs - I'm absent-minded and I love to read, I can be a bit smutty at times (hee), I hate conflict, etc, but I think I fit right where I am.  :)

In RL: Blue.

Probably, anyways. I'm not fierce enough for Green, not logical enough for White, not strong enough for Red (I can imagine that gentling men would take a very hard person), too queasy for Yellow. Gray and Brown... well, I don't think I'd like to be doing the peacekeeping all day long, and 'seeking knowledge' could be done in the spare time without dedicating your entire life to it.

So. Um. That's my reasoning. Also, what could be a better way to spend your life than helping good causes? Besides, meddling is fun :D

As for in dragonmount, I have absolutely no idea. I don't know the Ajahs well enough yet, not to mention the people inside them :)

RL: Well I went to a party recently and someone told me, "Jenny you are Green, you walk Green, you talk Green, it exudes from your pores, I have never seen anyone like that before now." I suppose that's true, I used to be a Gray aspie as I had taken classes in mediation and camp and was going to school for it. Then I got sick with cancer and my whole personality changed almost over night. Those things I had repressed, such as my passions and my fiercess came to the forefront. Since that day I have been a Green sister heart and soul, yes I like to read, but I more than once saw Greens reading in the books. I like politics, but so do the Greens, I also saw that in the books, I can use diplomacy and mediation as a Green. Just ask my hubby! *G*

RP: Also a Green. I have played every ajah but Brown I think, I have played the Ammy, the Keeper, the MON. Pretty much every ajah there is, but the one thing that always draws me back is the ajah. I love what the ajah stands for, to fight the last fight, or die trying. I also like men, what can I say. *G* Welcome back hun!

In real life I'm more book Blue than anything else. Though there is a large Gray stripe. Ya know, the whole HR thing. ;)

Here I"m Green. Passionate? Dancing with swords? Love to flirt? Loyal to friends to a fault? Ready to stand up and say my piece even if I shouldn't? Yeah... I'm Green. :)

Archived