DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hrmm *looks around*

Mellyn

Gosh, if I knew she was getting stuff like that for poking me into coming back, I'd have held out for longer :P  Maybe got some of the loot for myself :D

I'm good :D  *snuggles her lil mentee*

Who of course has been Aes Sedai for at least 5 years now ... doesn't time fly???????? :o

Wha?! Having an 0911 number was funny!

And I never was a typical Novice; I've had my "ignore rank and be friendly/douchebag as suited" ability for much too long ;D

Hee hee. Which is why I kept talking to you, rather than blocking you like all the other crazed novices that tried to chat me up back then.

This is why I don't chat anymore, btw. Too many ickle novices pinging me just so they can say "ZOMG! I talked to the Amyrlin! And she was like a real person and everything!"

This is why I don't chat anymore, btw. Too many ickle novices pinging me just so they can say "ZOMG! I talked to the Amyrlin! And she was like a real person and everything!"

*laughs* Yes Mother I totally know THAT feeling. On my own site its crazy how many people will get into chat with me and then later i'll hear they were freaked out how totally real I was *G*

Tsk, I should give the lot of you lessons in unapproachability ::winks::

And I could tell your confusion level at the start, Kathana, but on the other hand?  I did think about it long(ish) and hard before pestering you back then... believe it or not.

I have further empathy for the people chatting at you just 'cause of a role, though.  As I've mentioned before, I am a DJ on a fairly popular web station.  I used to make my AIM publicly available for listeners... until the first person who messaged me (with absolutely no aim and totally wasting my time) just so they could run to /radio chat and say they were having a conversation with me popped up.  I think the fact I explained otherwise to /radio + blocked him in-game & on AIM kept others from getting the cutesy idea.

So yeah... free bitch lessons, anyone?  ::winks::

::puts foot in mouth::  Erm... here's a ramble that might be of use, or not!

~*~*~*~*~*~

First - Become an extreme introvert!

Second - Have a non-existent threshold for annoyance.

Third - Is your politeness intact?  Try to hold onto it if you can..

Fourth - Be firm and slightly insane.  People will think twice about pestering you.

Fifth - Some people on the internet are "special".  No, seriously - there are a lot of semi-autistic kids/adults active in online communities who don't get borders.  They do get yelling.  Try yelling!  In most cases, they won't even be offended that you had to yell to get the point across.

Sixth - Be fully ready to tell people that you aren't talking to them if they're not going to get with whatever program that is your life.  If they refuse to cooperate with things your way as you've laid them out, kindly and firmly block them out of your life.  After a few days, make yourself available again and see if a person is more amenable to cooperation.

Seventh - Don't waste your breath, and don't make others waste theirs.  This leads to bad things. 

Above all - remember to be respectful if it's warranted, and completely in faces if it's warranted.  And don't say things you don't mean, unless it's threats of death, stabbing, or fire - please don't mean those, love of [your deity here!]!!!

<3

I just quit responding unless its via email. *lol*  I'll answer a newbies PM and the like, because they don't know better and its usually a quick redirect to someone who can better help them. But if you've been around awhile and are on one of my staffs? Yeah, you're getting ignored until you learn to follow directions.  And insisting on email only has cut out ninety percent of the random issues that I used to get pestered with.

The PM system on this board set is too messy for my liking; it seems to thread them all together.  I don't know if there's any way to change that, and it weirds me out too much to mess with it.

And I'll keep the email/pm thing in mind if I need to pester you, though I'd stick to emails anyways ;)

Archived