DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Whats your familey crest!!!

I found mine, but it wouldnt let me copy it :( My surname is Jones which is perhaps one of the most common names ever, but my mums surname is Bretherton and I found that family crest, and I know its real because we have been through family history and we used to own vast amounts of land, we were catholics and when Oliver Cromwell took over the country we left for Ireland. The ironic thing is that one of my best friends is a decendant of Cromwell, yes a real one as they went through all their history too! Being a history geek i just thought i would tell you all that information :P

I find this hilarious.

Origin Displayed: German

Where did the German Liang family come from? What is the German coat of arms/family crest? When did the Liang family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the history of the family name?

The family name emerged in the old duchy of Saxony, which existed from the 9th to the 12th centuries. A common form of surname found in Lower Saxony are those that are derived from nicknames. Nickname surnames were derived from an eke-name, or added name. They usually reflected the physical characteristics or attributes of the first person that used the name. The name Liang is derived from the Old German word "lang," which means "long," and it was a nickname for a very tall person.

Spelling variations of this family name include: Lange, Langer, Lang, Langen and others.

First found in Lueneburg, in the Dukedom of Brunswick, where this family contributed to the local society.

Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Robert Lang, who was the first of the Langs to arrive in the New World. He came to Charlestown, Mass. in 1620. Johann Lange came to St. Christopher in 1635. A number of Langs emigrated to England and/or America in 1709.

I'm a Liang because I married into a Chinese family, not a German one. However, I can now hilariously accuse Segurant of being a Nazi the next time he tries to tell me "no".

I did find one for my maiden name, "Shifflett", but for some reason I can't right click to post it here. Oh well.  Shiffletts are poor white trash in Virginia. Liangs were emperors and government officials in China.  I think we know which family I'd rather claim relation to. =)

Guest nephitess

Here is the Ferguson coat of arms...

fergusoncoatofarms.gif

and here is the Feguson family crest...usually there it a small banner above the arms the reads...Dulcius ex Asperis which means, Sweeter after Difficulties. That is the family motto and totally fits my family  ::)

fergusonfamilycrest.gif

Geneology is awsome!! :)

This is really interesting!  I can't find my own last name since I guess that side of my family isn't distinguished enough to have one, or the last name is too new or something.  I don't know!

But this is my mom's maiden name: http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/qx/sanchez-family-crest.htm

You can see her mother's family crest here: http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/qx/conti-family-crest.htm

This is from my dad's mom's family: http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/qx/desimone-family-crest.htm

My own last name is really uncommon and is actually spelled different by us here in the States than our relatives in Italy.  Those idiots at immigration always botch things up!

Archived