DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's the last 5 CDs you

Master Lu

downl... ummm, I mean bought...  ;)

This kind of topic has been made to death, but I need inspiration for more music, so there.  ;D

Oh and grade them on a scale of 1 to 10. I put some notes, but you don't have to.

Mine are:

1. Requiem for a Dream OST [7]

- Love the main theme. I get goosebumps everytime I listen to it.

2. Goldfrapp: Felt Mountain [8]

- I somehow skipped this in my collection of Trip Hop (yeah, yeah, I know the term is debatable, but I have to call it somehow).

3. Tori Amos: Tales of a Librarian [8]

- As unbelievable as it might sound, this is my first Tori Amos album. Incredible, I know.  :D

4. Damien Rice: 9 [6]

- Liked the first album more. The single '9 crimes' is definately a 9 minimum)

5. Tracey Thorn: Out of the Woods [8]

- Love her voice. Love the album. She's the singer of Everything but the Girl, for those that couldn't place her.

As you can see, I've been over the backcatalogue, filling in the gaps. Well, apart from #5. Oh and I'm waiting for Roisin Murphy's new album to come out. I want it. I want it now!

Josh Groban~Awake. I love this cd very good for having something to wind down with.

Christina Agulaira~Back to the basics~not as good as I would have hoped but okay

Loreena Mckennit~An Ancient muse~Love this cd

Pussycat dolls~Love this cd to LOL

Flogging Molly~Actually fairly good, the songs all start to sound a like after awhile though.

I don't usually buy whole CDs anymore... I get songs off of iTunes right now mostly.  The last two full ones I've D/Led are:

Nelly Furtado - "Loose" -  I never really liked her, but I'm liking this album... just a fun one.

Within Temptation - "The Heart of Everything"  -  This is a Dutch band that sounds a lot like Evanescence, though I'm liking a lot more of their songs.  You have to be in the mood for this music.  Very rock instrumental and emotional.

I don't think of myself as Emo at all, but I tend to like a lot of emotional type music.  Other artists I tend to get are Tori Amos, Plumb, U2, Sarah Brightman, Sarah McLachlan, Delta Goodrem...

On the other hand, I enjoy songs by Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson (though they both can be dark too), Gwen Stefani, Madonna, Maroon 5, Weird Al...

Well my latest acquisitions are sorta...filling the gaps in my collection. So they were some CD singles and whatnot. They were mostly Smashing Pumpkins, and one bit Star 69 (who ruuuule also). And what else...? Oh, I bought a Shonen Knife CD at long last. haha. I've listened to them for years and only now have i bought one of their albums! I love them :)

Archived