DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Something fun....

Nephitess

I have lot's of picture of Tanzania and Kenya... in real Photo Albums. So ... you probably won't get to see them!

Your picture are pretty good. :D

I see they braided your hair and stuff... they do that to my sisters every time LOL.

It's very different from America/Europe, eh?

Guest nephitess

The trip was amazing!!!  I favorite part was making friends. I have made some great friends and now have a big reason to go back. I would go back anyway, the friends just make it more of a sure thing. I loved the pace of life there. it is much slower than here in canada.

Loran, Yes I got my hair braided...it did not lastlong though. my hair started to come out...so i had to take it out after only 3 weeks. When i got it done i could not sleep for two days because my scalp was so sore!!! LOL

LOL... that's why my sister never got to try it on me. ;)

I haven't been there for  year or two I think. I don't know too muc habout Uganda. Usually I was just passing through on my way to Tanzania or kenya. What do you think of Swahili?

Habari?

Guest nephitess

I think Swahlil is a beautiful languge but i one know one word...Karibu!! hehe.

We should go to Uganda together...we can stay at my friends house. :D  You'll have to bewilling to use latrines though *shudders* that was something that took me forever to get used to.

Asante!

Tell me you know Asante! It's more important than karibu!  :P

LOL... My father's parents live in a small rural village!

Latrines are all the hype. :P

It's much easier for you to get used to latrines than for one of them to get used to toilets.  :D

Trust me... I know! :-X

Guest nephitess

OHHHHHHHH....*jumps in her seat* Yes i know Asante!!! I forgot....

Is it really easier??? hummmmmm thats something to think about....or not???

Naeann, what song was it that you sang??

*grins* hey, Neph! Welcome to the Tower!

I was taught a song in swahili when I was in Elementary School and I actually found it in a Music book at my last school.

*grabs the book she "borrowed" from her last school and thumbs through it, hunting*

Here it is! :D Che-Che Koo-lay! *grins* Funny how stuff sticks in your head so long, isn't it?

Guest nephitess

Wait untill you hear Luganda...i want to learn that language. The is the language they speak in Uganda. It is beutifull, my friend speacks it all the time. I even learned al ittle bit will i was there, but not enough to have a conversaion.

i haven't heard much about it lately but that might change. ;)

Otherwise I believe Luganda is either a national version of swahili or a tribal/local language of the area in which you stayed. The official languages of Uganda/Kenya and Tanzania are all Swahili and English, french is also taught in schools though.

Che-Che Koo-Lay?  :o

LOL... I have yet to see a word written like that in Swahili.

But then my command of Swahili is greatly diminished. :(

Guest nephitess

Yup your about right. My Rommate speaks it. I think it is a beautifull language.

OOOooo...Elgee your in South Africa?? I was so close....*sad she did not know her before* next time i come to your continent i'll visit you..LOL

Guest nephitess

Then it's settled...when i come again, i'll let you know. I wanted to go to South africa but are plans did not include your country.

*start saving her pennies*

Archived