DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ye olden days of DM

Taya

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, lurking.  I don't know if I'm going to make a full return, but it's slightly more likely than it had been prior.  I won't go into details here, but I'll insinuate it's 'cause I wanted to chase Don around with a cane <.<

Alas Kat, my husband is a greedy one, and I'm not even permitted to make out with other girls anymore :'(

I forgive him this though, 'cause he's super-cute and seems to have a vast reserve of patience for my insanity :D

::hands Don a lolly::

I can't believe RaeRae is married - but then, I can 'cause she's so super hot and cool! It had to happen eventually *g*

And hey, she's here so I can address her directly...hi Rae!! I hope I get to meet you at the Rainforest Cafe :) I'm already meeting with Laddie, so that is a damn good start. But you would make it even more awesome :D

I remember the second link, this one:

http://web.archive.org/web/20000816170510/http://www.dragonmount.com/

*sniffles* I loved those days. I had bought the Pumpkins' latest album, Machina, and was listening to it non-stop. now I listen to that album and it takes me back to the good ole days every time. hehe. I was also on DM about 24/7 almost :p

I know, Jafael pointed out to me that's where you gallies wanted to go.  I really would prefer a nice Mexican restaurant, since I have no idea when I'll get my husband back across the ocean with me... but eh :)  I want to see you and Jafael again, and deffo want to FINALLY meet Ladria :D  It also makes it easier on me that she's gotten pulled in on this, 'cause I was all sorts of fretting that I'd not find seperate time for her too :)

And heh.. I think I was on DM every moment I was home back in those days too :D

Yep Jen, just about hehe. It's nice to reminisce now and then. But I've lost track of how many of these threads I myself have started over the years. haha.

Twitch that means you're not a tiny little baby DMer, but you're relatively fresh lol

When I saw this thread, I couldn't resist. I just had to register and post. It must have been fate that brought me to check the site again. :P

I still have printouts of the L-banner in my desk. They're like cherished relics now complete with the 'old' smell and dust over them. ;)

Yep, somehow I found time to do my homework (only when I really HAD to of course ;p) in them days too. And go to uni. I even SLEPT occasionally. but the rest of my life was DM. haha.

For some reason, I was most prolific in the RP when I had finals. I think it was because I never had to study until I hit the 3000 level courses. Then just going to class wasn't enough.

Oh, and I used to write my RPs out long hand in a notebook I carried with me and type them out later. I would write them when I was supposed to be taking notes in class.

::eyes notebook:: I still do that.  I think that it makes you think more about what you're writing.  I also print up the RPs that I'm responding to so that I can go through and highlight pertinent bits...  'cause it drives me batshit when people don't pay attention to actual continuity and just sort of make shit up that shouldn't be the case.

::nods::

I did that a few times too, but most of the RPs I wrote out in notebooks never made it to the DM boards *lol* I guess I just didn't work best that way, with the RP.

Also, I really didn't need to do that much work until it came time to do my essays or study for exams (of which I had blessedly few). It was Arts, come on!

I think that I ::might:: still have my beer bonding to Darren from back in 2001, but I'm  not sure.  My alpha PC blew up earlier this year, and I was only able to extract most things from the fried drive onto my beta pc.... which is currently in a box 'cause I don't have room to pull it out while still here at my in-law's house; yay for shitty laptop ::sobs::

::fishes around:: ayup... damnit, I hoped I still had the one of us killing Kathana.  I think that might be archived on the old EzBoards though...

Archived