DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your favorite part of book 7! *SPOILERS!!!* (derr)

Vemynal

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could have sworn Albus asked Harry what he thought of his brother Alberforth's bar or something like that. Mind you it has been a long time since I read Order of the Phoenix. I could be wrong. Now that all the books are out I will do a re-read. That is after I finish reading the WoT books, on book 9 right now.

ok, Rowlings hints at he owner of he hogs head being his brother several times throughout the series.

Dumbledore also claims on several occations to be on very good terms wiht the owner of the bar.

Back before book 6 was released people finally up and asked whether the owner of the bar was Alberforth and she told us he was.

It's not specifically mentioned that it was Aberforth who owned the Hog's Head. However, when Hagrid shows Harry the picture of the original Order in OotP he points to Dumbledore's Brother and says he was put in Azkaban over "something to do with goats". Then later, when the DA gather in the Hog's Head Harry says it smells faintly of goats. Also that the barman is looking surprisingly familiar. He does not, however, make the connection until DH. If he had that sort of would have ruined the whole "blue eye in the mirror that looks exactly like Dumbledore's".

Well, this is late, but I finally bought and finished the book.

Hmmm... well, it was a good read, but honestly I was a little disappointed I guess.  Maybe there was too much hype leading up to it.  Though I did not read any spoilers or theories up to this point.  I avoided all of it and wanted to read the book completely uncontaminated by outside sources.

I got that Snape loved Lily from the earlier book, so that wasn't really a surprise.  I wasn't sure in earlier books, but I leaned to Snape being Dumbledore's man and that he was "thought" to be bad through this whole book until the end made it more obvious. 

I think it was kind of a copout that none of the main characters died except Snape and Voldemort.  I don't really feel that Fred, Tonks and Lupin are MAIN characters... not to say it wasn't sad, especially since both Tonks and Lupin bit it and their child was left without them. 

I think the way that Harry had to die but then didn't really die was kind of a copout to make the fanatics happy that he lived... lol.

I think I totally missed something, but how did Neville get the Sword of Gryffindor?  I thought Griphook got it and ran off?

Anyway, yeah, sorry, this is a little negative, but as I said, I was mostly disappointed and everything just played out and nothing really big revealed in my opinion... nothing really made me gasp or anything.  But it was still entertaining... :)

(Guess I need to find a new Ajah before they keel me!  Hehehee)

I bet the sword was charmed somehow that it would make itself available to a Gryffindor when needed.  So it probably left Griphook wondering what the heck happened to it - serves Griphook right!  LOL!  I bet Bill was right and that he (Griphook) was one of those that believed that when the original buyer died, goblin-made items' ownership reverted back to goblins. 

I really liked the book.  Harry didn't want to die but didn't fear death so his willing "sacrifice" killed off the part of Voldemort residing in him - the unwitting 7th Horcrux.

Don't worry, Jhae - we (Blue Ajah) won't disown you!  Toss you in the moat maybe, but not disown you . . .  ;)

good book, lots of ups and downs. not a fan of the epilogue though. was kinda of meh

liked seeing Dumbledore and Snapes background though. and the entire battle of Hogwarts

oh, and this book is going to be pretty hard to make a game or movie of :P

• 2 weeks later...

It may be hard to make a movie of.... but I think its doable.

I liked the trio stealing from Gringotts though having Bellatrix's wand was kinda stupid.

I guessed that Snapes patronus was a doe. And a doe probably has similer eyes to Lily.

I didn't like that Tonks and Lupin died.

I thought the epilogue was confusing.

I liked Neville killing the snake.

And I like Molly killing Bellatrix! Loved that part!

You can find out the trio's jobs in interviews if you want to know.

Archived