DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your favorite part of book 7! *SPOILERS!!!* (derr)

Vemynal

Hedwig was the shockingest death and I was horrified that Fred got killed. Ron, Ginny, Percy, any of the other Weasleys bar Fred and George would have been fine but killing Fred without at least killing George too just wasnt right.

Did anyone else find the sudden references to Merlin random, or was it just me?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually I was saying it for awhile there

Harry would visit the dead and find the strength to die (I thought he and voldy would die though)

Fred would die (one of the weasleys had to die, and he's shown the least character improvement out of them all)

Yay!

Well guess what? I managed to finish the book in 6 hours, not too bad huh?

(and i still remeber stuff)

One of ym fave parts would be the snape pensive thing.  It gave a whole new look at that character you disliked the entire series

Now I don't hate Snape anymore :)

I started not hating Snape after re-reading the books 5 and 6  because it became quite apparent that there had to be more to him than what we had seen so far. When I read the chapter 'Snape's Worst Memory' I was like 'okay, that's it, he's in love with Lily', but I must say that the whole 'the Prince's Tale' chapter is my favorite chapter of the whole series. I cried so much that even Dobby's (or Hedwig's!) death didn't shock me to the core as that chapter.

I love how they gave their child the name Albus Severus! :D

Wizard parents are evidently harsh namers :D

Snape was a kick-ass character. Bad guys are ok-bad guys with a reason to be bad are better. And people with a reason to be bad turned good guys due to love turned bad guys due to friends turned good guys due to love turned bad guys turned good gouys are awesome ;D

My favorite part... hmm... Neville, the Sword Master *grins* hacking Nagini up with Gryffindor's sword. *nods*

Finally having Snape's good nature exposed and having Harry admit at the end that he was probably the bravest man he'd ever met.

I could've done without Lupin and Tonks dying... *sobs*

Sooo loved it! Very acceptable ending to the series I thought.

I figured Snape loved Lily but liked how the patronus was the same; didn't catch that.

I also thought that Remus and Tonks would die once they named Harry Tom's godfather.

I would have liked to know what professions Harry and them went into though in the Epilogue but liked how there was a cordial manner between them and Malfoy.

The battle and hallows thing was really awesome as well as how it explained how Harry's friends lived by love, the same as his mother gave to him. Definately glad that more people didn't die and this was a very acceptable solution as to how to have it done.

And also definately agree that Molly's quote rocked.

I also liked all of Fred and George's jokes throughout the worst of times lol.

That actually made no sense. Read it through.

Indeed it did not ;D But I know what I meant and if you know what I meant too then who needs sense? :D

And also definately agree that Molly's quote rocked.

Same. It managed to be hilarious despite the fact that at that point you thought everyone was going to die.

I knew it!  I just knew Snape loved Lily!

And when he was dying he asked Harry to look at him!  Why?  Because Harry had eyes just like Lily.  *sobs*

It’s hard for me to pick a favorite part because I had several.  When Harry saw Snape’s memories, when Harry was talking to Dumbledore after Voldemort Avada Kedavra’d him, when Neville chopped Nagini into sausage, how Harry tried to get Voldemort to feel remorse . . .

It was cool for me to find out that I was right in my death pool predictions about Pettigrew (that his death would be related to the life debt he owed Harry) and Snape (that he really was a good guy) and, as I wrote in my “write the ending” part of HP Week, that Snape loved Lily. 

I hated losing Hedwig, Fred, Tonks and Lupin.  And poor little Colin Creevy will not snap any more pictures, ever again.

Quick thought – if Harry was little Ted’s godfather how come he didn’t raise him?  I’m guessing Tonks’ mother did.  Of course, ‘Dromeda lost her husband and her daughter so maybe Harry didn’t have the heart to take Teddy away.

And what was the significance some of you caught with Draco naming his kid Scorpius?

I think a recently dead, seventeen year old Hogwarts dropout is probably not the best person to be raising an infant. I'm sure Teddy has always had a strong relationship with Harry, but I doubt Harry was in a position to adopt anyone. Andromeda was probably the best choice to raise him.

Draco was most likely continuing the Black family tradition (his mother was a Black)of naming children after stars and constellations. Scorpio and Draco are both constellations. Andromeda is a galaxy. Sirius, Regulus and Bellatrix are stars.

My first impression when reading that bit in book 6 with Snape’s school memory was that he loved Lily and hated James for making him made enough to call her “mudblood”. His self hate for that was transferred to James and his friends. Since book one I thought there was a jealousy issue with his deep rooted feelings toward Harry. He looks like his dad, but has his mom’s eyes. So, every time Severus looked at Harry he was faced with Lily’s haunting eyes. It was the only thing that could explain it to me.  I also knew he didn’t betray Dumbledore. I think he is one of the most complex characters to ever be written into a series.

I love how Harry was able to talk to Dumbledore as well as his parents one last time.

I love how their attitude with Kreacher changed and as a result he changed toward them. I so knew RAB with Regulus Black.

It was nice seeing Albus Dumbledores history and that he wasn’t a perfect person. It is good to see our heros and mentors as real people, flaws and all.

I love how Professor McGonagall was in this book, so sophisticated and whitty.

Loved how Mrs. Weasley showed her true self. I hate that Fred died. I think killing Hedwig right off was a evil thing to do to us fans.

I like how Harry really grows and that final act of sacrifice was priceless.

I also like how it was Voldemort’s spell backfiring on him and not Harry actually killing him. I really appreciated Harry not becoming a murderer.

Dobby's death made me cry!!  :'(

another things about hedwig!

She had been trapped in a cage for 2 months! She was mad as heck at Harry! and one of the last things Harry said to her before her death was "soon we will leave and you can fly free"

then she dies...

poor hedwig XD

Professor McGonagall has been one of my favorite characters since book one. I just really love how she shined even more in this book.

Hagrid is my favorite character and I love how he was in the final book too. When he called out to Bane it was priceless.

I so knew RAB with Regulus Black.

I suppose you mean "was" not "with".  And who didn't?

I was sorta on the fence with the whole "Snape is good vs Snape is bad".  Dobby I expected would die.  I had a feeling that the doe potronus was Snapes.  The fact that Snape loved Lily was a shock and I didn't like it.  I knew either Remus or Tonks would die, though I didn't think both would.  And Mad-Eye had it coming from Book 5, I think.

As for my favorite part, I liked that you finally find out who Aberforth is.

Order of the Pheonix is still my favorite of the series.

I thought we met Aberforth in the Order of the Phoenix. Maybe they just mentioned him. Cause that is the tavern they met for the first unofficial DA meeting. The Hog's Head or something like that.

Archived