DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HOUSE CHAMPIONSHIP: Day Seven (Hufflepuff)

Hey Ladies and Gents!

Today's task is quite simple. I will give you a list of FIFTEEN Quotes. Working as a team you must decide what Book and what Chapter you think they are from. You get one mark for the book and another for the chapter. Houses will then be ranked and given points dependent on that! First: 100 points Second: 75 points Third: 50 Points Fourth: 25 points. YOU MUST NOT USE THE BOOKS A very important part of this task is working it out, not finding the answer. These are meant to be difficult. Any cheating that I found about will lead to your House getting no points from this task and having 100 points deducted.

You must have worked these out by 4pm GMT tomorrow and get your Head of House to EMAIL your final answers to me at harrypotterweek@hotmail.co.uk

Good Luck Guys. Here are your quotes.

P.S Loreina, don't help them! She got all the quotes guys!

1. "Er --- is it my eyes, or has everything gone green?"

2. "I --- I know that the Ministry is trying to --- to round up the last of the Dark Lord's supporters. I am eager to assist in any way I can… ."

3. "You think it --- wise --- to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?"

4. "Oh yes … hard work and pain are the best teachers if you ask me."

5."How come Fred and George never gave it to me!"

6. "What we need … is more time. "

7. "Pitiful, … I bet I can get mine beyond that stump."

8. "Excellent flying yesterday, really excellent. Gryffindor has just taken the lead for the House cup --- you earned fifty points."

9. "You're lucky there's a feast at all tonight, you know. There was trouble in the kitchens earlier."

10. "Longbottom causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Finch-Fletchley up to the hospital wing in a matchbox."

11. "If you're only going to let your sons and daughters marry purebloods your choice is very limited, there are hardly any of us left."

12. "But for heaven's sake --- you're wizards! You can do magic! Surely you can sort out --- well --- anything!"

13. "One more word about Harry's love life and the deal's off and that's a promise."

14. "People expect you to have cooler friends than us."

15. "Oh no, oh no, I bet she'd been Imperiused and I didn't realize!"

Ok this one I think is where everyone in the Car gets sprayed by Neville's plant right before Cho walks in I an thinking that would be Book 4

2. "I --- I know that the Ministry is trying to --- to round up the last of the Dark Lord's supporters. I am eager to assist in any way I can… ."

This one is in Goblet of Fire, when Karakoff is being questioned, I just don't remember what chapter, seems like it's in the middle.

3. "You think it --- wise --- to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?"

This one is PS and it's chapter one, with which DD replies, I would trust Hagrid with my life.

This one is Philosopher’s Stone in chapter 15

PoA, this is about the map! I am thinking 10 but not sure.

PoA, towards the end, Dumbledore says it.

This one is Cos, not sure what chapter.

8. "Excellent flying yesterday, really excellent. Gryffindor has just taken the lead for the House cup --- you earned fifty points."

Not sure, I think it's PS, but could be CoS

9. "You're lucky there's a feast at all tonight, you know. There was trouble in the kitchens earlier."

This one I am pretty sure is in GoF

10. "Longbottom causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Finch-Fletchley up to the hospital wing in a matchbox."

CoS, during the Dueling

11. "If you're only going to let your sons and daughters marry purebloods your choice is very limited, there are hardly any of us left."

This one I believe would be in OotP and during the part where they are at the Headquarters.

12. "But for heaven's sake --- you're wizards! You can do magic! Surely you can sort out --- well --- anything!"

This is the Prime Minister and toward the start of HBP

13. "One more word about Harry's love life and the deal's off and that's a promise."

This is the end of GoF, Hermoine to Skeeter

This one is Luna in HBP

HBP, this is where the girl trys to kill Harry with the Necklace

Ohhh yes and Nia question, the chapters I think would be different from Hardback to Paperback and American version compared to British etc. How are you going to account for that and also our Head of House is gone, so how are we going to submit?

I have no idea on chapter numbers. I do remember some of the chapter names. I think Jade you have the Rita Skeeter one from the wrong book.

I put............. and then what I thought after what you have.

Ok this one I think is where everyone in the Car gets sprayed by Neville's plant right before Cho walks in I an thinking that would be Book 4 ……….can’t remember

This one is in Goblet of Fire, when Karakoff is being questioned, I just don't remember what chapter, seems like it's in the middle. ………..wasn’t this the pensive chapter? I think it was titled that, how the heck is pensive spelled? I know I have it wrong.

This one is PS and it's chapter one, with which DD replies, I would trust Hagrid with my life. ………….. the chapter was “The Boy Who Lived”

This one is Philosopher’s Stone in chapter 15……….. have no clue

PoA, this is about the map! I am thinking 10 but not sure. “The Marauder’s map” I think is the chapter.

PoA, towards the end, Dumbledore says it. ………………..was it in a chapter called Hemione’s secret? I think that was it.

This one is Cos, not sure what chapter. ……… no clue

Not sure, I think it's PS, but could be CoS………..have no clue

This one I am pretty sure is in GoF, yeah was it with Winky causeing problems I think.

CoS, during the Dueling………………….  I think the chapter name was “Dueling Club” and yes it is From HPand Chamber of Secrets.

This one I believe would be in OotP and during the part where they are at the Headquarters.  ………………. This one is in the chapter called “The Noble House of Black” or something similar. 

This is the Prime Minister and toward the start of HBP….. The chapter is called “The Other Minister”

This is the end of GoF, Hermoine to Skeeter…………………….I don’t think it was at the end of that book, wasn’t this when she let’s Rita do that story in OotP? Remember she Rita does that story on him when they go to Hogsmead and Choo gets upset cause Harry leaves her to go meet with Hermione?

This one is Luna in HBP………………………have no clue

HBP, this is where the girl trys to kill Harry with the Necklace…..  I think you are right and the chapter was had the word  “pearls or opals” in it. Can anyone remember the titile.

Okay, so here are our answers so far. Who wants to e-mail them? Number 8 we need to decide which book it is from. I have no clue, so take a guess someone. Also, anyone know the correct spelling for the pensive, I know I have it wrong. It might be pensieve?

Oh, and considering I don't have either HBP or PoA here I could not have cheated. The boys took them to camp.

1. Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, “The Pensive”

3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,  the chapter was “The Boy Who Lived” I think the British title of the book is Philosopher’s Stone.

4. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone or HP & the Philosopher’s Stone in chapter 15

5. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, “The Marauder’s map” 

6. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,  “Hermione’s secret”

7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,

8. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets or Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.

9. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,

10.  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, “The Dueling Club” 

11. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the chapter called “The Noble House of Black”

12. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, The chapter is called “The Other Minister”

13. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, 

14. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, chapter the one where they are on the train going to Hogwarts

15. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, chapter “    pearls or opals”

1. Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

I thought about this all day, I got it wrong, it's in GoF alright but it's the part where they are at the Cup and they walk into the Irish tents. The chapter is Bagman and Crouch or Barty and Crouch I can't remember. I think it's the first though. 

2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, “The Pensive”

3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,  the chapter was “The Boy Who Lived” I think the British title of the book is Philosopher’s Stone.

4. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone or HP & the Philosopher’s Stone in chapter 15

This one is Forbidden Forrest, they are about to go into the forrest with Filch on this quote.

5. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, “The Marauder’s map” 

6. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,  “Hermione’s secret”

7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, The Burrow

This one is the Burrow, I am pretty sure this is right when Harry escapes from Dursley's and they are chucking the gnomes

8. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets or Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.

Still no clue

9. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, The Triwizard Tournament

This one is while they are having the feast for the Triwizard!

10.  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, “The Dueling Club” 

11. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the chapter called “The Noble House of Black”

12. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, The chapter is called “The Other Minister”

13. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, 

I think it was called the Beginning or the Start but not sure

14. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, The Slug Club

This one is where he is in the train and he has to go to the Slug Club thing

15. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, chapter Silver and Opals,

Pretty sure about that one, once I saw yours it clicked

« Last Edit: Today at 09:15:36 AM by Minuet » 

Jade have I told you lately how much I love you? Thank you. I panicked and sent it in, but I think with the time difference it was too late. I think between us all we did well. Once it was sent I went and checked the books and we got a good amount of them right!! Oh, and it is Pensieve. That was totally driving me nuts to not know how that was spelled. I so wanted to look it up. I was a good girl though.

Well, I am off to take a nap so I will be rested for tonight's Harry Potter party. I sent in my day 8, so all is well.

*Hugs*

Archived