DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HOUSE CHAMPIONSHIP: Day Seven (Ravenclaw)

Hey Ladies and Gents!

Today's task is quite simple. I will give you a list of FIFTEEN Quotes. Working as a team you must decide what Book and what Chapter you think they are from. You get one mark for the book and another for the chapter. Houses will then be ranked and given points dependent on that! First: 100 points Second: 75 points Third: 50 Points Fourth: 25 points. YOU MUST NOT USE THE BOOKS A very important part of this task is working it out, not finding the answer. These are meant to be difficult. Any cheating that I found about will lead to your House getting no points from this task and having 100 points deducted.

You must have worked these out by 4pm GMT tomorrow and get your Head of House to EMAIL your final answers to me at harrypotterweek@hotmail.co.uk

Good Luck Guys. Here are your quotes.

1. "Yes, I have heard the hat give several warnings before, always at times when it detects periods of great danger for the school."

2. " Well --- why shouldn't he be paid?"

3. "Blown up a toilet? We've never blown up a toilet."

4. ""Madam Pomfrey can mend anything. She regrew half my bones last year."

5. "They'll catch the maniac who did it and have him out of here in no time."

6. "I haven't got it anymore. It was confiscated."

7. "I never know … what's the difference between a stalagmite and a stalactite?"

8. "Simple, yet effective --- and another village will remember me forever as the hero who delivered them from the monthly terror of werewolf attacks."

9. "What would the Death Eaters want with a poor broken-down old buffer like me?"

10. "It's all happening at Hogwarts now, you know, much more exciting here than at the office!"

11. "That foul, lying, twisting old gargoyle!"

12. "It is impossible to manufacture or imitate love. No, this will simply cause a powerful infatuation or obsession."

13. "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that."

14. "You've got to know. It seems harsh, maybe, but you've got to know."

15. "Ah, music, … A magic beyond all we do here!"

Nia, I'm guessing we can't use the table of contents either? :P For most of these, I know what book it's in, I know who says it, and I have some idea of when in the book they occur...but I don't know chapter numbers :(

Edit: so I don't just talk to myself again, I'll add this on. I peaked at the first posts of the other houses, and everyone has different quotes, so we can discuss things here. I have no idea about chapters, but I know some of the books. Here's what I came up with:

1. "Yes, I have heard the hat give several warnings before, always at times when it detects periods of great danger for the school."

Book 5, I'm thinking?

2. " Well --- why shouldn't he be paid?"

Book 2...I'm pretty sure this is Hermione talking about Dobby.

3. "Blown up a toilet? We've never blown up a toilet."

Book 1...I think Fred or George say something like this when Harry sees the Weasleys from the train.

4. ""Madam Pomfrey can mend anything. She regrew half my bones last year."

Book 3. Harry got his bones regrown in book 2, so this line would have to be book 3 sometime.

5. "They'll catch the maniac who did it and have him out of here in no time."

Also book 3?? About Sirius maybe?

6. "I haven't got it anymore. It was confiscated."

Talking about the Marauders map, maybe? He got it back at the end of book 3, so this would have to be during book 3.

7. "I never know … what's the difference between a stalagmite and a stalactite?"

Book 6, probably, when Dumbledore and Harry go to that cave.

8. "Simple, yet effective --- and another village will remember me forever as the hero who delivered them from the monthly terror of werewolf attacks."

Book 2...Lockhart says it at some point.

9. "What would the Death Eaters want with a poor broken-down old buffer like me?"

Seems something Pettigrew would say. So I guess it's book 3.

10. "It's all happening at Hogwarts now, you know, much more exciting here than at the office!"

Rita Skeeter, maybe? Book 4?

11. "That foul, lying, twisting old gargoyle!"

This sounds SO familiar, but I can't remember. Maybe book 5, talking about

12. "It is impossible to manufacture or imitate love. No, this will simply cause a powerful infatuation or obsession."

Don't they talk about love potions in book 6?

13. "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that."

Book 1. Dumbledore says it to Harry when he finds him in front of the Mirror of Erised.

14. "You've got to know. It seems harsh, maybe, but you've got to know."

Eh...I wanna say book 4, when fake Moody is teaching the DADA class.

15. "Ah, music, … A magic beyond all we do here!"

Book 1, after the sorting.

I'll put the ones that I'm pretty sure I know down.

This is either book 5 or book 6.

2. "Well, why shouldn't he be paid?"

Hermione went on a house elf campaign in Book 3 didn't she?  Where she started sewing clothes for Dobby?

These are only the ones that I think might contradict with Zardi's.  I'm not certain.  Like Nia said, we can't use the books and I'm going off my memories.

Archived