DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HOUSE CHAMPIONSHIP: Day Seven (Slytherin)

Hey Ladies and Gents!

Today's task is quite simple. I will give you a list of FIFTEEN Quotes. Working as a team you must decide what Book and what Chapter you think they are from. You get one mark for the book and another for the chapter. Houses will then be ranked and given points dependent on that! First: 100 points Second: 75 points Third: 50 Points Fourth: 25 points. YOU MUST NOT USE THE BOOKS A very important part of this task is working it out, not finding the answer. These are meant to be difficult. Any cheating that I found about will lead to your House getting no points from this task and having 100 points deducted.

You must have worked these out by 4pm GMT tomorrow and get your Head of House to EMAIL your final answers to me at harrypotterweek@hotmail.co.uk

Good Luck Guys. Here are your quotes.

1. "I particularly enjoyed your description of me as an obsolete dingbat."

2. "As a matter of fact, the Ministry of Magic is even now talking about closing the school."

3. "They'll make do with other makers. But Ollivander was the best, and if the other side have got him it's not so good for us."

4. "But there aren't wild dragons in Britain!"

5. "I need to visit Zonko's. I'm nearly out of Stink Pellets."

6. "You've got to make some sacrifices!"

7. "So you don't think I'm a match for Lucius Malfoy?"

8. "It's me's been putting the niffers in her office, Fred and George left me a couple, I've been levitating them in through her window…."

9. "Why didn't you send us a letter by owl? I believe you have an owl?"

10. "If you'd told me then what he was going to become, I'd have said you'd had too much mead."

11. "Madam Hooch told us not to move --- you'll get us all into trouble."

12. "The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by any invader."

13. "Peter Pettigrew was not in the Shrieking Shack, nor did I see any sign of him on the grounds."

14. "It must be such a comfort to think that, though they are gone, a record of their great achievements remains…."

15. "It's like going out with the giant squid."

sure thing! I didnt look at the other ones.. lol  :P

1. Goblet of Fire (dont remember the chapter)

2. Prisoner of Azkaban I think.. (dont remember the chapter)

3. Half Blood Prince

4. not sure

5. Chamber of Secrets I think

6. no idea, but not Half Blood Prince

7. must be book three or later

8. Order of the Phoenix

9. not sure

10. Half Blood Prince

11. Philosophers stone

12. not sure. could very well be Order of the Phoenix

13. Prisoner of Azkaban maybe

14. not sure

15. Half Blood Prince

Ok, so i'm very certain on most of the ones I have a title on, but I might be wrong. so you guys can please correct me if i'm wrong. lol

I don't know any chapter titles, I'll just post where and when it is. Remember: I can be wrong. I'm also putting Danya's suggestions between, where we disagree

No idea. According to Danya: Goblet of Fire

2. "As a matter of fact, the Ministry of Magic is even now talking about closing the school."

Chamber of Secrets. After one of the almost-kills (Hermione's?). Danya thinks Prisoner of Azkaban (I'm quite sure of this one, though)

3. "They'll make do with other makers. But Ollivander was the best, and if the other side have got him it's not so good for us."

Halfblood Prince. When Mrs Weasley explains to Harry how the twins' joke shop looks like in Diagon Alley

Ron's reaction when Hagrid says he's got a dragon egg from a stranger in the pub. In Eye of the World Philosopher's Stone

Ron, one of the times Harry can't come to Hogsmeade. Could be any book (Chamber of Secrets, according to Danya)

I think this is from Voldemort. Either from Philosopher's Stone (when he drinks the Unicorn Blood, or when he makes professor Quibbly (?, long ago) touch Harry), or from Goblet of Fire (against Pettigrew, at the beginning in that house, or when he has to cut his hand). I could be wrong. Danya says it's not the Half Blood Prince. This is yours.

Mr. Weasley's quote one of the two times Harry warns him about the Malfoys at Platform Nine and Three Quarters at the beginning of the school year. One was in Halfblood Prince, I don't know where the other was. According to Danya: book 3 or later.

8. "It's me's been putting the niffers in her office, Fred and George left me a couple, I've been levitating them in through her window…."

Like Danya says: Order of the Phoenix. During the punishment of Umbridge after F&G left.

One of the last 2 books. I remember reading it not too long ago (and the other books are too long ago), but can't place it anywhere. Danya doesn't know either

10. "If you'd told me then what he was going to become, I'd have said you'd had too much mead."

Surtenly Halfblood Prince (like Danya says). Probably Dumbledore about Tom Riddle, during the first private lesson. But something's telling me that it's Hagrid's quote. Just a gut feeling...

Philosophers stone. With the Remembrall of Neville and the first Flying lesson, when Harry follows Draco in the air, and is seen by McGonaggal.... Same for Danya

12. "The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by any invader."

Dumbledore's quote. Could be Order of the Phoenix for Danya, but I rather think about the changed memory of Slughorn...

13. "Peter Pettigrew was not in the Shrieking Shack, nor did I see any sign of him on the grounds."

I have no idea. Danya thinks maybe Prisoner of Azkaban.

14. "It must be such a comfort to think that, though they are gone, a record of their great achievements remains…."

same as number 9.

Ron about Lavender, in Half Blood Prince. When Hermiony goes to the Slug Club with McLaggen (?, that other Keeper). Like Danya says.

I'm gonna look back later. Maybe I'll have an idea about 9 or 14 then.

Get the wrong ones out, please :)

Chamber of Secrets. After one of the almost-kills (Hermione's?). Danya thinks Prisoner of Azkaban (I'm quite sure of this one, though)

yep, now that you say it, that makes more sense.

Surtenly Halfblood Prince (like Danya says). Probably Dumbledore about Tom Riddle, during the first private lesson. But something's telling me that it's Hagrid's quote. Just a gut feeling...

actually I think its professor Slughorn about Voldemort. but not sure. not that it matters much. lol

err, other than that, i'm still not sure about hte others.. and as I only have Halfblood PRince in my apartment and I remember the quotes from there, its no worrying about me checking the books.. even tho I want to.. there are a couple of the quotes that I cant remember at all.  :-\

actually I think its professor Slughorn about Voldemort. but not sure. not that it matters much. lol

err, other than that, i'm still not sure about hte others.. and as I only have Halfblood PRince in my apartment and I remember the quotes from there, its no worrying about me checking the books.. even tho I want to.. there are a couple of the quotes that I cant remember at all.  :-\

It's  Slughornm indeed. When he's so drunk he gives Harry (with Felix) the memory.

Goblet of Fire, Dumbledore to Lucious Malfoy

Chamber of Secrets. Either After one of the almost-kills Hermione's?. Its when Harry and Ron decide to finally confront hagrid and they hide under his invisibility cloak in his shack while Fudge and Lucious and Dumbledore are there. its between Lucious to Dumbledore.

or

McGonnegal addressing the issue to the students, same book.

Halfblood Prince. When Mrs Weasley explains to Harry how the twins' joke shop looks like in Diagon Alley

Ron's reaction when Hagrid says he's got a dragon egg from a stranger in the pub. In Eye of the World Philosopher's Stone

Ron, one of the times Harry can't come to Hogsmeade. Could be any book. Has to be in Book 3 because thats the only time he couldn't go. its also the only time Ron could go since 1st and 2nd can't.

No idea

Mr. Weasley's quote. Addressing it to Mrs. Weasley in book 2

Its Lee (forget his last name). Order of the Phoenix. During the punishment of Umbridge after F&G left.

OMG! I remember it! its book 2! its when harry and Ron are in Snape's room (with the Jars) in book 2! he's asking them why they didn't send an owl that they missed the plane! Snape says it.

Halfblood Prince. Slughorn to Harry when Harry got slughorn drunk

Philosophers stone. With the Remembrall of Neville and the first Flying lesson, when Harry follows Draco in the air, and is seen by McGonaggal.... Same for Danya. Hermione says it to Harry

Snape to Harry during an Occulmency lesson in book 5. There first 1. Book 5

Definantly Prisoner of Azkaban. I *think* its Lupin to Sirius but it could be Snape to Sirius.

No idea =/

Ron about Lavender, in Half Blood Prince. When Hermiony goes to the Slug Club with McLaggen (?, that other Keeper). Like Danya says.

And I'm certain of everything I changed with the exception of the one I noted.

There is a faint tickle in the back of my mind that this was said by someone being evil and snarky to Harry Potter.  Voldemort or Lucius Malfoy?  Can't come up with much more than that. :P

Can we use the books *just* to look at the chapter index?  I can't recall the name of a single title, even though I know whereabouts in the books several of the quotes are!  I stink. :P

14."It must be such a comfort to think that, though they are gone, a record of their great achievements remains…"

This took me a LONG time. It's been stuck in my head for hours... Just a tickling, like Muirenn. After many house of thinking, drilling my brain for it and perousing the contents of the many shelves of my mind... I found it.

It's in the HBP... I can't remember who exactly said it... But i'm pretty sure it was someone being snarky about James and  Sirius... Iunno, most likely candidate is Snape seeing as he has a deep loathing of them. But ahh wellz, i can't remember properly.

I remember it being said by a Weasley, sounds likely, yeah? :p

I think it was Ron, don't know what book though... I'll think on it some more.

Sorry for the double post. I'm going to post a 3rd time, and this is going to include a short summary of who to what, which book and around what part. We can go from there. :3

Who: Dumbledore to Lucius.

Book: Goblet of Fire

Chapter: ???

Who: 1) McGonagall to Students. 2) The meeting in Hagrid's hut between Lucius, Fudge, Dumbledore.

Book: Chamber of Secrets

Who: Mrs. Weasley to Harry, about the joke shop F&G set up.

Book: Half Blood Prince

Who: Ron, his reaction to Hagrid's baby dragon.

Book: Philosopher's Stone

Chapter: ??? Near the start.

Who: Ron, to Harry. Trip to Hogsmeade that Harry can't attend.

Book: Prisoner of Azkaban

Who: Ron???

Book: ??? (Thinking Philosopher's Stone... I can hear his young, prepubescent voice from the film saying it in my head)

Chapter: ??? Either near the end, or near the start.

Who: Mr Weasley. On Platform 9 3/4... To whom is debated. :p

Book: Chamber of Secrets or Prisoner of Azkaban

Chapter: ??? Near the start, from the setting.

Who: Lee whosyblob.

Book: Order of the Phoenix

Chapter: ??? Second half, nearish to the end. After F&G's audacious display. :3

Who: Harry and Ron + some incomprehensible garble from Vemy. XD

Book: Chamber of Secret's

Who: Slughorn to Harry.

Book: Halfblood Prince

Who: Hermione to Harry during their first flying lesson.

Book: Philosopher's Stone

Chapter: ??? Nearish to the start, a short bit before midway. Maybe even midway.

Who: Snape to Harry, during their first Occlumency lesson.

Book: Order of the Phoenix.

Chapter: ??? Probably called Occlumency, i bet. :P Halfway or so?

Who: Snape, i reckon.

Book: Prisoner of Azkaban.

Chapter: ??? Near the end.

Who: Snape to Harry, talking about Sirius and James' bullying him.

Book: Halfblood Prince.

Who: Ron talking about Lavender. When Hermione goes to the Slug Club with McLaggen

Book: Half Blood Prince

Yes, i am in Slytherin. Now shoosh! :P

Oh! Oh!  I remember!

Who: Snape to Harry, talking about Sirius and James' bullying him.

Book: Halfblood Prince.

Chapter:

It's Snape to Harry in HBP when he has the detention and is copying the records of all of Sirius' and James' misdeeds while they were students at Hogwarts!

~does a little dance~

Still no idea on chapter names. :P

Archived