DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

For the love god people!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But there is no canonical evidence that there was anyone called "The Tamyrlin Seat" at any point in time.  It's pure speculation.  We know that "The Tamyrlin" and "The High Seat" were two separate titles.  We know that the current leader of the Aes Sedai is "The Amyrlin Seat". But we don't know that those two titles merge at any point.  We have canonical evidence, however, that there is such a position as "The Amyrlin Seat" and the term is used quite frequently in the text.

Yes, I'm warming up for the book discussions at Dragon*Con. Why do you ask?

We have no evidence of a Tamyrlin Seat, but all the evidence points to the current Amyrlin Seat position as derriving from a combination of The Tamyrlin and the High Seat, especially since they where the same person! (at least the last one to hold them both was).

The Tamyrlin, High Seat.

The Amyrlin, High Seat.

The Amyrlin Seat.

The Tamyrlin Seat.

I hold that the Tamyrlin is a male version of the Amyrlin, and the evidence leans heavily towards supporting that thought, so if the way to make the Amyrlin male is to add the T, logic dictates that the Amyrlin Seat, if made male, would be the Tamyrlin Seat. Though this is strictly from the point of view of having male Aes Sedai... which this site must have if they have a Tamyrlin!

Why doesn't someone just ask RJ?

I've been asked not to pester him....*rubs her toe on the ground*

But anyways, Horn is just speculating. We know that men and women during the Age of Legends were equal. Why on earth would they have a different title for a leader, depending on if the leader was a man or a woman? That's like having a President and a Presidentess. It's especially silly as it is not known whether Tamyrlin was a man or a woman. 

Wouldn't it be silly if we all got upset for no reason?

I like being upset for proper reasons. Like, not having enough pie is one. Being locked out of the Closet© is two.

I'm just saying, is all.

You could argue that the BWB isn't canon. However, I think its easier to assume it is. Otherwise, we'll be arguing all day over who is and is not a reliable source of information.  We know the characters can be wrong. We know that several of them lie for their own purposes. "And you believed Ishamael?" But if its printed in a Jordan approved source, we need to accept it as canon.

However, Frenchie is still grotesquely wrong and is probably a sailor.

lmao this is highly amusing..... please continue!!

oh and for the record, I find the word Tamyrlin quite cute actually. Sorta' a loving nickname, such as snookums or sugarlips. And Frenchie's reasoning seems quite logical to me *nods*

*patpats Kath* there there, Tamy, it's not that bad. The Sedai people still love you.  ;D

*looks around* What? I need an eyebrow peeling! why pay if I can get one for free!?

Archived