DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DISCUSSION: Day One

Is this the Harry Potter week to end all weeks? Are you excited about Book Seven? Apprehensibe about film five? What do you think it will all be like! Are you celebrating in anyway? Queuing at midnight, midnight showings? Any plans? Share with your fellow fans here what you are likely to do!

I re read the series. I just finished the other day. I wanted to be able to remember what happened this time.

This is an amazing time. This is really the peak of the Harry Potter hysteria. At no other time in our lives can we expect to have a book and movie in the same series released so close to each other. Everyone is rushing to make their final predictions. The Las Vegas odds makers have done up the odds of each character dying. Jo Rowling is dropping dark hints in every interview.  The last time I saw this much hype and speculation on the internet, it was during the lull between The Matrix: Reloaded and The Matrix: Revolutions.  I can't think of anything else that would ever cause this amount of hysteria again.

As much as I'm a fan of Harry Potter I only read the 5th book once, don't remember a thing that happened in it beyond whats-his-name dying, and only heard about who died in book 6 (damn people talking too loud in libraries). Btu I really do want to catch up with everyone else, I don't remember much of what happened in book 4, either, beyond the Quidditch Cup.

*must pick up books 3-6* I have to read those again.

But I'm ever a fan of Slytherin  :D

I recently saw the fifth movie and I thought it was pretty good. A croud pleaser I would say! Excluding a couple parts in the beginning... *grumbles*

I'm only rereading the last book and I gotta get back to that soon because I think I have only around seven days left!

And I'm definately exited about Book Seven!  :D

I'm rereading the series too (at the moment reading Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 24 for those who are interested)... I think I might go to see the new movie, but I'm not yet sure about that since I haven't seen any of the others except for the first one. And I really hate most of the movies based on books. :/ 

I'm going to pre-order the book 7 tomorrow so I can be sure to get it at 7am on Saturday morning. :D (selling them at 2am is apparently illegal :P)

I have pretty much ignored all things Harry Potter for the past few years, but I must admit that I'm slowly getting very excited to see how this story ends! :D

If it ends. >.>

I have mixed feelings about the final book. One is, YES it will finally be over and we will see what happens to whom and who survives. The other is, NO it will be over. I look forward to reading the final book; however I hope that someday JKR writes another book about Harry's magical world.

I saw the 5th movie. They nailed some things better then the other movies and that was nice. However, it would be nice to see more consistency with the movies. I mean if you have a playground with a paved road in one movie, it should have a paved road a couple years later. Over all it was better then some of them. I liked it a lot better then GoF.

I think this was the best adaption yet. Best one since #3. I'll have to rewatch that to see which one I like better.  But I think this one was very complete on its own. You still needed to have seen the other movies, but it was a complete chapter.

I'm eagerly waiting for a chance to go see the movie. My husband won't go with me and I don't want to take my mother in law (she'll talk all the way through it and make me crazy!), so I have to take myself. It may be Monday before I can get over there, unless I lose the rest of my patience and go tomorrow. *laughs* Not unheard of, honestly. I'm really looking forward to seeing it, though!

I'm trying to keep my mind open with the book. I know where she has to get to in order to end the series, but I don't want to formulate the how's and why's and ruin it when she does it. lol, I'm weird that way, I know. *shrugs* Even so, I'm really looking forward to the book. I'm going to be miserable all day, since I have childbirth preparedness for nearly 12 hours on the 21st, so I won't be able to even START reading it until after that. LOL

I'm not going to watch the movie til it is on DVD unless someone asks me to go see it with them. I was dissapointed with the first 3 so I haven't really kept up with the rest.

As for the book.... I'm torn between tearing through it right away, or saving it for a camping trip I have in a month!!!

I'm eagerly waiting for a chance to go see the movie. My husband won't go with me and I don't want to take my mother in law (she'll talk all the way through it and make me crazy!), so I have to take myself. It may be Monday before I can get over there, unless I lose the rest of my patience and go tomorrow. *laughs* Not unheard of, honestly. I'm really looking forward to seeing it, though!

I'm trying to keep my mind open with the book. I know where she has to get to in order to end the series, but I don't want to formulate the how's and why's and ruin it when she does it. lol, I'm weird that way, I know. *shrugs* Even so, I'm really looking forward to the book. I'm going to be miserable all day, since I have childbirth preparedness for nearly 12 hours on the 21st, so I won't be able to even START reading it until after that. LOL

HMMMMM road trip!

*laughs* I'd say "come on down, I need the entertainment" but it's freakin' hot down here! So you'd have to promise not to melt. Of course, you'll be seeing me in two weeks, anyway. *laughs*

I will be waiting at BAM to turn in my ticket as soon as they open. But no parties! Just lots of reading. ;D

I have to wait til the 26th to see the movie.  :(

'sOK Cleo *hugs* after all this is a WoT site.  ;)

I am so excited I can't even begin to tell you. I ordered the book in April I think and I will be there at the opening part at my local Borders and then I will stand outside at Midnight and wait as I did last time it came out and hopefully it's not pouring down rain this time.  ;D

Archived