DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HOUSE CHAMPIONSHIP: Day One

Welcome, everyone to our Harry Potter Week! This is the first of a series of tasks to complete, in order to win points for your House!

For the first day, there is nothing too strenuous. Simply you have to write ONE HUNDRED WORDS on why you were sorted into your House! Then you can post it in this thread. Each House earns 10 points per each person who posts. The best reasons earn an extra five points. Only posts posted before 7am BST (British Summer Time) will be awarded points.

Please make the reasons good. Please keep this thread SPAM FREE i.e. nothing irrelevant or general conversation.

Many Thanks Guys! Have fun =)

Hah! You asked for this so don't blame me for it! ;)

Why I was Sorted to Gryffindor by Alarwyn

For me being a Gryffindor is not only about bravery and doing things no-one else (people think thinks through ;)) would do. It's about having adventures and doing things even when you know they might be dangerous or not turn out well. Knowing about the danger and acting in spite of it. Trying new things.

Gryffindors do not hide behind books or ambitions or work. I’ve done silly things and stupid things and things that turned out horrendously wrong, but I’ve never really regretted doing them. Most of my regrets have been about NOT doing something, about not being brave enough to try. But I don’t have many regrets.

Gryffindors embrace life with open arms, and that’s what I wish to do with my life.

Why I was sorted into Gryffindor (aside from being the Head of the House and stuff...)

Throughout the series, Gryffindor has stood above all the others for acknowledging their successes along with their faults. While it houses the "smartest witch of her age" and "the boy who lived," it also houses the flamboyant Weasley twins, the overshadowed Ron, and the understated Neville, among others. Though these characteristics are separate in each of these characters, I believe to truly be a Gryffindor, you have to posses a little of all of them. Harry may be brave, but is he more so than Neville? I say no, Neville just hasn't been drug under the light as much.

As for me, I like to think there's a broad mix of them all resting here. I enjoy having fun and, though not quite on the level of the Weasley twins, I enjoy a practical joke here and there, too. I'm smart enough to hold onto conversations about just about anything, but smart enough to keep my mouth shut about most of it. I'll stand up for those who need it, stand next to those who deserve it, and stand in front of those set out to do harm. I have dreams and aspirations, though I'm not afraid to stand in someone's shadow and let them collect their due.

Throw in that every class I've ever read HP & the Scorer’s Stone to has dubbed me Professor McGonagall… I suppose there's no better fit for me than Gryffindor. :)

*grins* PS that's 237 words and yes, I had to edit it down. *smirks*

Why I was sorted into Slytherin

Friends are very important for me, as well as keeping the promises you make. Going straight through to tackle every job and never hesitate to put anything and anyone aside to go the way I wanna go.

An other aspect of Slytherin's heirloom is just the bada$$ness. I don't even know if that's a word, but you'll all get the meaning. It's the thing that makes me more Slytherin than Gryffindor. The gryffs don't have it hard enough to even touch my heals

Hufflepuff is nothing for me. It's just too fluffy, puffy, cousy, etc.

Ravenclaw sets too much store by smartness. Okay, it's important, but there are much more important things. Like HAVING FUN!!

Okay its about time someone put in a good word for Ravenclaws. ;)

I’m a Ravenclaw because I value inteligence or wit. I like to be smart and be around smart people. Sometimes dumb people annoy me. I like to stay away from them. Though sometimes you have to be around them... like in class. Then I just keep my mouth shut. You know the saying, if you havn’t got anything nice to say, don’t say it at all!

I think Ravenclaws have good things going for them. What with all the smartness there’s bound to be a chance of getting a good job in the nearbye or far future.

110 words! And I had fun with it! ;)

Why I was sorted into Ravenclaw

According to the sorting hat in the books, Ravenclaw is the house for those of wit and learning. I'm not so sure about wit, but I do really love to learn. I can go online or to the library to look up something very specific, and then get distracted for hours just reading all the other things that I come across. I've taught myself several things, including html, drawing, and a few college classes when I've had bad professors. It's harder to teach yourself than to be taught by someone else, but is also much more satisfying and sticks with you longer. Learning is fun if you're just patient with yourself.

Why I was sorted into Hufflepuff

By Minuet

Helga Hufflepuff was a wise woman who wanted a house where everyone was always welcome; she valued loyalty, steadfast determination and hard work above breeding. I have always been a hard worker. I also am a very loyal friend who will see you to the pit of doom and back. I have for several friends. Also, I believe that being Hufflepuff means being tolerant of others and being non-judgmental. I try to always be tolerant and respectful of other’s including culture, religions and beliefs. I am also fierce as they come when backed into a corner. I am not afraid to fight for what I believe and will defend my views and others when needed. I have faced a lot of hardships, but have remained optimistic and realistic and have never given up on myself. I think all these things go into making me a Hufflepuff. It isn't just one reason, but many.

I am in Hufflepuff because I can truly say I am just, loyal, patient, true, and unafraid of toil. At first I was miffed that I wasn't in Gryffindor, because I consider myself brave. But then I remembered some times when I was not brave enough. Then I thought I should have been in Ravenclaw, since I'm smart and always earned really good grades. But then I thought of some truly brilliant, accomplished people, and I knew I wasn't in their class. As for being in Slytherin, I have never had any ambition to be a Great Person, weld Great Power, or be in the spotlight, because it carries too great a price in loss of privacy and personal relationships. So, I am here in Hufflepuff, quite content to be in the background doing my bit to contribute to a better world, teaching the lot and treating them just the same, and enjoying the 'mundane' life of wife and mother. No regrets.

Upon hearing the memorable “Hufflepuff!!” from that hat, I was in no way surprised, though I was not necessarily expecting it.

I had thought perhaps I might go to Gryffindor. Although bravery is not always my forte per say, when the need arises, I am up to the challenge and will do the right thing. If the situation warrants it, I will fight for a noble cause with my life.

Ravenclaw seemed appropriate because I have a keen sense of logic, and I pride myself in my knowledge and intelligence. Often will you find me in a witty discussion, full of intellectual wonders which are known to drive my counterparts partially crazy.

Although it is not seen much, my Slytherin side comes out in my writing. I can not write a story without a sly shocking twist. A morbid ending is a good ending.

Upon further examination, however, Hufflepuff is most definitely the right house for me. Although I can be brave, although I am smart, and although I can be sly, my extreme loyalty is by far the most prevalent trait I display, and my deep loyalty tends to help be build deep friendships that will last a lifetime. It is no wonder I am a Hufflepuff, not when my biggest trait is the most important one to have.

Why I Was Sorted Into Gryffindor

Gryffindor stands for many things, among them courage, loyalty, steadfastness, and truth.

Courage isn’t about being unafraid.  It’s doing what has to be done regardless of how afraid you are. 

Loyalty and steadfastness are traits of a true Gryffindor – being loyal to your House, your friends, your family and being steadfast in the face of danger, ridicule, and intimidation. 

Truth is another important quality for a Gryffindor.  It’s more than being true to yourself -- it’s also being truthful with yourself, about your strengths, your weaknesses, your tolerance, your prejudices.

I don’t claim to be a hero.  I don’t claim to be better than anyone else.  But I do try to follow the precepts that I believe Gryffindor stands for.  And that is why I believe I was sorted into Gryffindor!

Why I was Sorted into Slytherin (the best House)

I’m in Slytherin because I’m not a goodie goodie Hufflepuff, or a smarty pants Ravenclaw.  Don’t even get me started on Gryffindor, who the only reason they have won the Championship in the past is because of Harry Potter.

Also, I am willing to cast aside almost everything that hampers my goal, assuring that I don’t make incorrect decisions based on my selfish feelings.

And the fact that the mascot is a snake is just one more reason to be in Slytherin!  Fangs and venom is all me!  Who doesn’t want to be a little bad every now and then?  Only, in Slytherin, I can be bad all I want, and it's all in good fun.

Why I am a Slytherin: An Essay in Awesome by Muir

I am a Slytherin because I am a power-mad witch who will step on the little people to get ahead.  Well, kinda.  I did push my sister once.

I am a Slytherin because I hate that evil Harry Potter!  Well, kinda.  I only read his books twice.

I am a Slytherin because I think the kid who plays Draco Malfoy is HAWT!  Well, kinda.  He did make me feel like a pedophile for a while.  Eww.

I am a Slytherin because I hates you all and flout your arbitrary essay deadlines!  Well, kinda.  I'm visiting relatives and this is the first chance I've had to get on the compy.

I am a Slytherin this week because it is the House of Awesome!  No kinda about it! :D

Very Sincerely,

Muir

I was sorted into the House of Ravenclaw because of the emphasis on intelligence, wit and knowledge.  Ravenclaws learn not just to be smart, but also how to use their powers more effectively.  Ravenclaws use logic over emotion when using magic.  They also use this learning to find new ways of using their magic.

I am glad I was sorted in Ravenclaw because I believe that knowledge is power.  I believe the intelligence most Ravenclaws possess is the ability to logically think their way in and out of a situation. Ravenclaw will come out on top because we can out think and out wit our opponents.

Why i am in Slytherin; a tale of real life Dragonmount.

One day i was taking a merry stroll in London. By happenstance(well in fact, we struggled with where the hell i was meant to go for about 40 minutes due to the fact there are about 20 bajillion Angus Steak Houses in Leicester Square) i bumped into some merry ol' members of DM. During our lunch that day, to my great dismay, i was harassed by a young lady called Hannah; good thing she wasn't wielding a spanner. Woops, went into rhyme, sorry. I was assailed by such lines as "Chilliiiiiiii, please join the Harry Potter week". I had no choice but to bend to her iron will, as she pouted at me... or was it more like a "You will do what i say" look... Ahh well, beside the point. I agreed after about two short painful seconds as she penetrated my mind and i failed miserably to use my Oclumency skills. Basically, i got forced. Apparently i'll make a good Slytherin. Lulz.

Let's see here, the reason I was sorted into Hufflepuff. Well In real life I have always considered myself to be a hardworker, more than anything Hufflepuffs are about hard word. I actually used to hate Hufflepuff I thought it was stupid and only for those that weren't brave or cunning or smart. A little while ago I started to do research on the house I had felt I least fit into and found out that it really fit me best. I had a horrible childhood, followed by terminal cancer, followed by balloning up in weight, I to date have lost 193 lbs and that takes hard work. I am very loyal to my friends, that's why I have friends that stick by me in all the hard times. So I think the reason I went Hufflepuff was that it fit me and of course I like to stomp entrails as we Puffers are very good at.  ;D

Why I Was Sorted Into Ravenclaw

I was Sorted into Ravenclaw because the Sorting Hat is old and has clearly lost its mind. I'm really supposed to be in Slytherin but due to this slight mistake I am now in the wrong House. The Sorting Hat is very senile and has mistaken my cunning wit with boring intelligence, my ambitiousness with eagerness to learn and my ultimate Slytherin coolness with the second coolest House, Ravenclaw. Therefore, due to a very confused and stinky Hat this is why I was Sorted into Slytherin Ravenclaw!

I was sorted into Hufflepuff because I am loyal to the Nth degree work my hiney off and am not afraid of work, physical labor or a mental workout. Each of my friends know they can count on me for nearly everything. We give freely of our time, without hesitation. We signify help, strength and soul and hardworking, loyal, and honest really is just the beginning.

Archived